Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2014, 16:01   #2386
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Now about automatic, I feel an automatic transmission (that too like DSG) gives a car oodles of character and some level of luxury that a manual cant match. Tell me what you feel about these thoughts

Another thing I wanted to ask, What is the maintenance cycle of 1.2 TSi DSG like (KMs?) and How much does it generally cost, compared to diesel, per service?
I'll just say this that a DSG is the closest thing to a manual among the automatics. You can actually control it gear by gear unlike a CVT with programmed shifts (City, Corolla) or a torque converter.

I wouldn't know much about the maintenance, since I've only done the first free check up at 7.5k. The usual cycle is 15k but they recommend a check up in the middle of that period. In terms of labor cost the 1.2 TSI costs the same as the old 1.6 petrol in the case of the Vento, according to the VW phone app.
Old 27th November 2014, 22:51   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post
Thanks, Astonite. The setting that you have mentioned only adjusts the level of volume when I turn on the engine and when the vehicle is moving in speed. It does not provide front and rear speaker adjustment settings, per se. I do not have have any 'Fader' specific control when I access the Setup menu- only Balance. Can someone tell me if you have a Fader setting when you access the Setup option in the RCD 320? I cannot find a mention of a Fader setting in the RCD 320 manual either, so a little perplexed. If nothing works then I will take it to the workshop any way, but just checking with fellow TSI owners here in case there is something silly that I am missing here. Any help in this will be much appreciated. Thanks
Fader option is indeed available. Once you press Menu, you will see Fader option. You don't have to choose Setup. Attaching a picture of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20141127_1932341.jpg  

Astonite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 10:34   #2388
BHPian

Quote:
Fader option is indeed available. Once you press Menu, you will see Fader option. You don't have to choose Setup. Attaching a picture of the same.
I know. I got to know from the other guys on the GT TSI WhatsApp group.
See attached the picture of how the Menu options appear on my TSI HU. I am taking it to the workshop this weekend to get it figured out. I'm thinking it's just a HU software issue and nothing serious. Keeping fingers crossed, though! :(
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20141124wa0008.jpg  

Old 28th November 2014, 11:22   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
I know. I got to know from the other guys on the GT TSI WhatsApp group.
See attached the picture of how the Menu options appear on my TSI HU. I am taking it to the workshop this weekend to get it figured out. I'm thinking it's just a HU software issue and nothing serious. Keeping fingers crossed, though! :(
OMG! That's terribly wrong. Please take it to ASC. Have you visited them before? If so, go to the same guy if the previous visit turned out in a good way.

Edit : Mine is a Polo 1.2L P HL. Is the HU different?

Last edited by Astonite : 28th November 2014 at 11:24.
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 12:22   #2390
BHPian

Quote:
OMG! That's terribly wrong. Please take it to ASC. Have you visited them before? If so, go to the same guy if the previous visit turned out in a good way.

Edit : Mine is a Polo 1.2L P HL. Is the HU different?
I know...that is a concern. I have visited them before but my SA is on sick leave. He is down after a surgery for kidney stones. I will be with the car personally when I check the issues. I think it is a VCDS issue rather than anything else- should be able to check it out when I get there and will post the results here when I get back from the SC.

The HU on the TSI is RCD/RCN 320 so no, I think you have the same HU as I.

Last edited by 4nd3r50n : 28th November 2014 at 12:25.
Old 28th November 2014, 13:17   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
I know...that is a concern. I have visited them before but my SA is on sick leave. He is down after a surgery for kidney stones. I will be with the car personally when I check the issues. I think it is a VCDS issue rather than anything else- should be able to check it out when I get there and will post the results here when I get back from the SC.

The HU on the TSI is RCD/RCN 320 so no, I think you have the same HU as I.
If it is a VCDS issue, then you don't have to worry. Go to any SA and ask them to check. There are only a few techs in the service center who're good with VCDS. You can also ask for the chief mechanic there. There is one other way. Try to get in touch with VW owners in Team-Bhp who reside in your location. They can suggest you on which SA to contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyFuelRun View Post
Did anyone have trouble finding the right seating position? Any suggestions?

I can suggest the steps which I used to find the perfect seating position.

Sit on the driver seat (do not stretch your legs to ABC). Keep your hands over the steering wheel in 12'o clock position. Adjust the seat height and move the seat so that your legs doesn't rub/touch the steering column. Now adjust the recline in such a way that you don't have to stretch your hands to the max wherein when you turn the wheel to the left or right, it would hurt. You should have your perfect seating position. If you find the recline is not comfortable, set the recline according to your need and move the steering front and back.

Last edited by Astonite : 28th November 2014 at 13:30.
Astonite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 09:36   #2392
BHPian

Hello, all! Posting in Team-BHP after years! Just paid the booking amount for a flash red Polo GT TSI, expecting to bring her home next Sunday. Really proud and excited to join all of you owners!
greenh0rn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 18:32   #2393
BHPian

Quote:
If it is a VCDS issue, then you don't have to worry. Go to any SA and ask them to check. There are only a few techs in the service center who're good with VCDS. You can also ask for the chief mechanic there. There is one other way. Try to get in touch with VW owners in Team-Bhp who reside in your location. They can suggest you on which SA to contact.
So went to the VW ASC yesterday for the HU issue. They replaced the HU in warranty! I still think the HU issue was a VCDS coding issue but they never checked inspite of me asking them to...they just went ahead and replaced it.
4nd3r50n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 21:58   #2394
BHPian

Quote:
So went to the VW ASC yesterday for the HU issue. They replaced the HU in warranty! I still think the HU issue was a VCDS coding issue but they never checked inspite of me asking them to...they just went ahead and replaced it.
Congrats! Still you got a new HU. Enjoy driving the little monster with some nice songs.
Old 30th November 2014, 23:32   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Hello, all! Posting in Team-BHP after years! Just paid the booking amount for a flash red Polo GT TSI, expecting to bring her home next Sunday. Really proud and excited to join all of you owners!

Congrats man! So we have a new GT owner in Delhi. Getting it next Sunday ? Seems there is hardly any waiting period in delhi then.
Old 1st December 2014, 13:43   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Congrats man! So we have a new GT owner in Delhi. Getting it next Sunday ? Seems there is hardly any waiting period in delhi then.
Thanks buddy! The Sales guy at Volkswagen Safdarjung told me they are getting a few deliveries for GT and that's why he's able to allocate one to me quickly. Otherwise normally they ask for two-three weeks for delivery.
Old 1st December 2014, 14:17   #2397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's not a VCDS fix. The RCD320 doesn't even show up as a module in the installed components list, so there is now way to change settings.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 14:54   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
It's not a VCDS fix. The RCD320 list, so there is now way to change settings.
I was referring to the Sound System module that I saw here.
http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/scm_screen.html
I'd assume that the HU could be controlled using the Sound System settings. Apologies, if that observation is incorrect.
Old 1st December 2014, 14:59   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
I was referring to the Sound System module that I saw here.
http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/scm_screen.html
I'd assume that the HU could be controlled using the Sound System settings. Apologies, if that observation is incorrect.
No it cant. The RCD320 is a NON CANBUS unit. So VCDS cant do any programming on it as its not on the CANBUS.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 15:02   #2400
BHPian

Thanks, Prithwi and StarScream. I assumed that that setting would fix the HU.
Hmm... then I'm lucky so far to get the HU replaced without a hassle. Considering, I'm a complete 'noob' in getting stuff done from the ASC (this was my first visit), it turned out quite well. Touch wood.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks