Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2014, 14:46   #2446
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Thanks @StarScream, @Immix and @lalittalwar.

I was searching on turbo used in 1.2 TSI, just found out it's a water-cooled one http://www.mahle.com/mahle/en/news-a...volkswagen.jsp
greenh0rn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 21:59   #2447
BHPian

greenh0rn,
congrats for the new car. Regarding your questions
2. I got a hard file cover to keep the documents and a garbage bag for cabin :(.
4. I have played lossless aac through Iphone on BT streaming.
1000Horses is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 13:32   #2448
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I have been contemplating about buying GTI paddle shift steering for long time. Last week I had a chat with Sugesh(from Vagtune.in). He told me that I could buy the steering from Vagtune.com, and he would fit it for free.

In VagTune.com, it costs $662 including the shipping(by EMS), which seems to be best VFM compared to Petes/Vagtune.in.

I need your(from the people who have bought from Vagtune.com) expert advice on the custom duty. How much would be the custom's duty for this purchase?
hey bro,

any closer to decision making ? i'm contemplating same. though the steering wheel at vagtune.com seems to be without airbag. did you have a word with sugesh ? can our current airbag work with the vagtune mfsw ?

cheers
rana_kirti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 13:40   #2449
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
can our current airbag work with the vagtune mfsw ?
I don't see a reason why it shouldn't. Don't let Sugesh force you guys to invest in the additional airbag!

IINM Robi is using the stock airbag with the GTI MFSW. Do check with him.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 14:05   #2450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I don't see a reason why it shouldn't. Don't let Sugesh force you guys to invest in the additional airbag!

IIRC, you're right. Also, there is someone who changed the SW in his Octavia wherein he has used the same airbag I guess. Not sure though!
Old 12th December 2014, 14:38   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
hey bro,
any closer to decision making ? i'm contemplating same. though the steering wheel at vagtune.com seems to be without airbag. did you have a word with sugesh ? can our current airbag work with the vagtune mfsw ?
cheers
Quote:
Vagtune sells the GTI/R steering without the airbag. Yes, current airbag would fit into the GTI steering.
I have had couple of discussions with Sugesh, following is the summary
- Vagtune.in sells the GTI steering for Rs. 62,000
- Vagtune.com sells it for $564(+ $75 shipping + $23 payPal charges). Along with this we might have to pay the custom's duty, I am not sure about this amount.

I have not decided yet. Still contemplating ...
Old 12th December 2014, 14:50   #2452
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
- Vagtune.com sells it for $564(+ $75 shipping + $23 payPal charges). Along with this we might have to pay the custom's duty, I am not sure about this amount.
Rohan, when I sourced my GTI cluster, Sugesh suggested me to get it from Vagtune.com and I paid the amount using PayPal via CC. He also said that the customs duties would amount to Rs. 1.5-2K which was NEFT’ed to his bank account later. But the cluster came as a part of a bigger consignment so I had to pay only a part of the total duty amount.

The steering wheel isn’t big or heavy by any means (compared to alloys, tires and such) and I would assume the duties to be less than the 2.5-3k mark. Ask him if he can source the wheel as a part of a bigger consignment.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 15:14   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Rohan, when I sourced my GTI cluster, Sugesh suggested me to get it from Vagtune.com and I paid the amount using PayPal via CC. He also said that the customs duties would amount to Rs. 1.5-2K which was NEFT’ed to his bank account later. But the cluster came as a part of a bigger consignment so I had to pay only a part of the total duty amount.
Thanks for the suggestion. Earlier, I had checked the same with Sugesh(i.e I pay him, and he imports this item for me). Because of some recent problems he has stopped doing this. :-(
Quote:
The steering wheel isn’t big or heavy by any means (compared to alloys, tires and such) and I would assume the duties to be less than the 2.5-3k mark.
Yes, you are right. If the customs do not know about this(GTI steering), then as you said duty would be really less(may be 2 to 3k).
But, If they have this in the "list of items" then they will charge around 28% of the item value(along with the shipping charge).
Old 12th December 2014, 15:19   #2454

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Better talk to tyre dealers for replacement of tyres. I changed mine to Bridgestone Potenzas and got full MRP of stock tyres.
Thanks 1000Horses. I also have a quick question on 3D mats. You have mentioned in another post that you got the 3D mats - were these the Kagu (Maxspider ones) or another make? Also, can you share your experience with them.

I read another post mentioning that 3D mats do not have a cut-out for footrest, could you please confirm?

Many thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 21:57   #2455
BHPian

After a lot of reading, test drives, calculations and brainstorming sessions, finally heart wins over head and I booked VW Polo GT TSI in Flash Red Color. Thanks all for the great insight that made the decision easier. Now waiting for it to arrive..!
kanwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 23:18   #2456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubstar View Post
Thanks 1000Horses. I also have a quick question on 3D mats. You have mentioned in another post that you got the 3D mats - were these the Kagu (Maxspider ones) or another make? Also, can you share your experience with them.

I read another post mentioning that 3D mats do not have a cut-out for footrest, could you please confirm?

Many thanks
Yes I got 3d mats. But I think these were not kagu, accessory guy at dealer told me that these are VW but I doubt that. Only things written on them is 3D. It does have cut out space for foot rest but its not perfect.
1000Horses is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 16:35   #2457
BHPian

I was advised to post my question here:

I asked a dealer about the color options and they say that the GT twins are available in all colors in which the new polo is available. Can someone please confirm the same? I do know of the red, white and grey (carbon steel) options but not sure about others. The VW India website does not provide this info and I even e-mailed the customer service and they just redirected me to the same webpage.
Old 13th December 2014, 17:21   #2458

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Yes I got 3d mats. But I think these were not kagu, accessory guy at dealer told me that these are VW but I doubt that. Only things written on them is 3D. It does have cut out space for foot rest but its not perfect.
Thanks 1000Horses.

I would appreciate if anyone else using the 3D Kagu (Maxspider) could give their feedback. The mats are available for 6500 on ebay, and although they look great, I am unsure on how well they fit the tsi.

Ebay link for anyone interested - http://www.ebay.in/itm/Original-3D-M...item2c86726d06

Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 18:17   #2459

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino View Post

I asked a dealer about the color options and they say that the GT twins are available in all colors in which the new polo is available. Can someone please confirm the same? I do know of the red, white and grey (carbon steel) options but not sure about others. The VW India website does not provide this info and I even e-mailed the customer service and they just redirected me to the same webpage.
I am 99.99% sure that blue, red and grey are the only options. I'm saying 99.9% because I don't think this information has been formally released by VW. Dealers in Delhi, Chandigarh and Patiala gave only these three colour choices.

I booked the grey after being in the same dilemma, highly recommend it.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th December 2014 at 19:39. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 13th December 2014, 19:30   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino View Post

When I was finalizing GT TSI the dealer's salesperson at HYD told me that GT TSI is available only in 3 colors that you mentioned

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks