Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2016, 16:45   #3946
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Got my stock rubber replaced with yokohama s drive 205/55/R15 on the same stock alloys. What i felt is a sporty look and more stable ride with a bit more stiff steering. Hope it wont alter any dynamics on my car. However love the looks of the car especially from the rear.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20j3d39.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th July 2016 at 18:41. Reason: Rotated image and uploaded. Please upload images to the forum using the forum's attachment system. Thanks!
highwaypatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 22:48   #3947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Got my stock rubber replaced with yokohama s drive 205/55/R15 on the same stock alloys. What i felt is a sporty look and more stable ride with a bit more stiff steering. Hope it wont alter any dynamics on my car. However love the looks of the car especially from the rear.
Nice ! Yokohama S drives are good, How much did you get the set for? It will surely make you feel more confident driving on highways now.
Old 9th July 2016, 22:55   #3948
BHPian

I got it for 23k for a set of 4. Replaced my stock mrf vtv for 13k. Total damage done was 10 k all inclusive.
highwaypatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 16:58   #3949
BHPian

Hi guys. My GT TSI is due for its 45k service this month. Its been a relatively uneventful drive. I need advice from experts here. The volkswagen service app says the DSG needs an oil change at 60k service. But, as a precaution, i'm contemplating a change at 45k itself as it has worked hard in the chennai traffic most of its life. Has any one else done this oil change ? Also, mine was the earlier batches, where there was confusion if the DSG had the synthetic or the changed mineral oil. So i feel its all the better to change it now. Inputs are welcome.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-periodic-maintenance.png  

Old 10th July 2016, 18:31   #3950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Hi guys. My GT TSI is due for its 45k service this month. Its been a relatively uneventful drive. I need advice from experts here. The volkswagen service app says the DSG needs an oil change at 60k service. But, as a precaution, i'm contemplating a change at 45k itself as it has worked hard in the chennai traffic most of its life. Has any one else done this oil change ? Also, mine was the earlier batches, where there was confusion if the DSG had the synthetic or the changed mineral oil. So i feel its all the better to change it now. Inputs are welcome.

Thanks.

I guess dq200 transmission oil is sealed for life. The service interval show. In the app is for 6 speed wet clutch DSG. If your car belongs to older batch, was the car called for recall?
sid93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 20:46   #3951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
I guess dq200 transmission oil is sealed for life. The service interval show. In the app is for 6 speed wet clutch DSG. If your car belongs to older batch, was the car called for recall?
No it was not called for recall and my SA told me that their system doesn't show any oil change recommendation for my VIN. But they couldn't convincingly prove that mine indeed had mineral oil and they didn't even seem like they were aware of it, making me much more skeptical. So, now back to the dilemma, whether i should ask them to change the mineral oil anyway, as some here in t-bhp from the earlier batches have indeed changed their DSG oil.
Old 11th July 2016, 23:57   #3952
BHPian

Two queries,

1) After changing my tyres to 205/55/R15 in my stock allloys, steering feels a bit more stiff and pick up seems to have dropped a bit. Is that normal with this tyre upsize or my mind playing games with me?

2) Is there any way where we can adjust the dashboard illumination levels in MID and other control buttons? If yes, how?

I really would appreciate all the expert replies here.

Thanks
highwaypatrol
Old 13th July 2016, 00:52   #3953
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
Great to hear 45k done on your GT TSI! I've been looking around for people who have done reasonably high mileage on their TSI. How has the transmission been throughout this journey? Still butter smooth and lightning quick?
FanaticOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 15:36   #3954
BHPian

Quote:
No it was not called for recall and my SA told me that their system doesn't show any oil change recommendation for my VIN. But they couldn't convincingly prove that mine indeed had mineral oil and they didn't even seem like they were aware of it, making me much more skeptical. So, now back to the dilemma, whether i should ask them to change the mineral oil anyway, as some here in t-bhp from the earlier batches have indeed changed their DSG oil.

If you don't have any problems with your DSG box, you needn't replace the DSG Oil. As rightly mentioned by sid93 and by your SA, the DQ200 7 speed DSG uses a dry clutch setup and hence is similar to a manual transmission in terms of lubricant life. Just like with other VW MTs, the oil is sealed for life or atleast a 6 digit mileage, unless for repairs. Replacing the fluid in these dry clutch boxes isn't straightforward either.

DQ200 recall for Jetta Hybrid -- Some useful info regarding the recall for DQ200 and oil replacement.
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 16:07   #3955
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
1) After changing my tyres to 205/55/R15 in my stock allloys, steering feels a bit more stiff and pick up seems to have dropped a bit. Is that normal with this tyre upsize or my mind playing games with me?

2) Is there any way where we can adjust the dashboard illumination levels in MID and other control buttons? If yes, how?
1. Yes. With 205 section tires, the steering becomes a little heavy. This is expected and is good for the GT, as the steering is too light with the 185 tires. There will be a little drop in acceleration due to the wider tires, but in turn you gain better grip, handling and braking.

2. I don't think there is any way to do this.

Quote:

Thanks.
As Sid93 mentioned, the DQ200 is a dry clutch gearbox and does not require regular oil change. The oil inside the mechatronics is sealed for life and does not require any change. However, if your gearbox is covered under the global recall, then it will require a change to mineral oil. I think only the dealer will be able to tell this. Insist the dealer to check your VIN number and confirm if the gearbox comes with mineral oil. Talk to higher officials if required and get this clarified.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 10:31   #3956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Great to hear 45k done on your GT TSI! I've been looking around for people who have done reasonably high mileage on their TSI. How has the transmission been throughout this journey? Still butter smooth and lightning quick?
The transmission has been spotless. Really smooth shifts. But i'm not sure if i can comment about the lightening quick shifts. Have been spoiled by the paddles for the past year. Don't even remember the last time i used S mode. Its always D, with paddles as and when required.

@graaja and avinash - Thanks. Will speak with someone at VW to put to rest this dilemma once for all.
Old 31st July 2016, 02:25   #3957
BHPian

Guys,

I have ordered Steering wheel with paddle shifters and would be doing the installation myself.
I guess it requires VAG-COM cable to set a bit 1 ?
sahilkhurana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 08:10   #3958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
Guys,

I have ordered Steering wheel with paddle shifters and would be doing the installation myself.
No. It's plug and play. As long as your car is post 2014. Even if it isn't, it's still plug and play, but illuminated buttons of your steering may not work.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 08:34   #3959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
Guys,

Hi Sahil,
Could you please share from where did you source the steering wheel? Is it from a local shop or online and if you could share the link please?
Thanks
Chandan
Old 31st July 2016, 09:31   #3960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
No. It's plug and play. As long as your car is post 2014. Even if it isn't, it's still plug and play, but illuminated buttons of your steering may not work.
My car if from Sept 2013. Is it hit and trial or can I get to know that before hand without using VAG-COM cable ?

The VAG-COM cable ordered by me is stuck in Kolkata (from Aliexpress) and doesn't look like it will arrive on time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Hi Sahil,
Could you please share from where did you source the steering wheel? Is it from a local shop or online and if you could share the link please?
Thanks
Chandan
Hi, I sourced it from a Mexican dealer ( vwrtuning on ebay.com). Details are there in Gannu_1's DIY report on steering upgrade. Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks