Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2016, 15:15   #4096
BHPian

Re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Exactly the issue out here! Everyone's saying something or the other with no solid proof or confirmation.
My SA told me that the new Polo all-star updates will happen on the GT as well, including the alloys and wait for it...HID headlamps!

I think that the alloys are more likely, the headlamps are just a figment of someone's imagination.

If production has indeed been stopped, then there must be some truth to this - that changes are being deployed. It's best to wait before taking delivery I feel, instead of feeling shortchanged later.

I missed out on 6 features to the car, and although I had no idea that two facelifts were in the pipeline, I did feel that it was a little unfair.
Old 5th October 2016, 15:22   #4097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post

I think that the alloys are more likely, the headlamps are just a figment of someone's imagination.
I am with you regarding the HID headlamps upgrade rumor. Highly doubtful considering cost factor.

Quote:
If production has indeed been stopped, then there must be some truth to this - that changes are being deployed.
Are you sure that production has stopped?

Quote:
I missed out on 6 features to the car, and although I had no idea that two facelifts were in the pipeline, I did feel that it was a little unfair.
It sure is unfair especially when updates were pushed in such a short interval.
Old 5th October 2016, 15:34   #4098
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure that production has stopped?
From my experience (that two facelifts were pushed out in the space of 6-7 months after I bought the car), it is quite likely that they would give the GT some mild upgrades. However, this is just my gut feeling.

And since you are spending upwards of 10 lac rupees on it, AND there's a news of a new edition of the Polo being readied for launch, it's best to wait a little more.

Anyways, it's not like they are giving any discount on the present model which would make the deal a little more attractive and one can forego the oh-crap-they-launched-a-facelift trauma in the future.

So, it would be best to wait I think. I'm sure they will put it out before Diwali as they would know that people would expect deliveries in that week.

PS: The only thing that I feel is not good in this facelift are those alloys on the all-star, which look unbecoming on the car. I feel that the present alloys look much more elegant on the GT. So if it is just the alloys, then not worth the wait.
Old 6th October 2016, 12:53   #4099
BHPian

I don't think GT TSI engine is going to be upgraded , there has been nothing in the media about the engine update . Whatever the updates are going to be might be cosmetic ones which you can get done in after market . If you get good discount please go for it and if you want to wait for new update you would have to eventually shell out extra money for the minor facelift .
Old 7th October 2016, 11:50   #4100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
I don't think GT TSI engine is going to be upgraded , there has been nothing in the media about the engine update . Whatever the updates are going to be might be cosmetic ones which you can get done in after market . If you get good discount please go for it and if you want to wait for new update you would have to eventually shell out extra money for the minor facelift .
I too have my doubts regarding any engine tweaks/upgrades for the GT TSI. The only upgrade I am expecting is addition of those 3 things mentioned in previous posts. They aren't a deal breaker for sure but yes, those new additions will definitely increase the price by atleast 10-15k. Regarding discounts for the GT TSI, there's literally none. Let's see what news we get in coming weeks.

My GT's delivery date has been pushed to Nov now since the car is coming around the 25th of this month but I am going for a week long vacation. Plus VW Ahmedabad will be closed during the first week of Nov (Diwali holidays). So, definitely not taking delivery before 7th Nov.
Old 9th October 2016, 13:00   #4101
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Finally booked my White Polo GT TSi yesterday. Couldn't wait any longer !

When I asked my SA about any updates for GT TSi, he told me that there won't be any updates for the GT variant and the AllStar updates would only apply to the comfortline model of the Polo.
shoaib3030 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 20:22   #4102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Finally booked my White Polo GT TSi yesterday. Couldn't wait any longer !

When I asked my SA about any updates for GT TSi, he told me that there won't be any updates for the GT variant and the AllStar updates would only apply to the comfortline model of the Polo.

Congratulations!

I think the updates would be in the top model (Highline, right?) And I really have doubts regarding any updates for the GT. Definitely no engine tweaking/upgrade.
Old 10th October 2016, 10:57   #4103
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!

I think the updates would be in the top model (Highline, right?) And I really have doubts regarding any updates for the GT. Definitely no engine tweaking/upgrade.
Thank you ! AliExpress here I cometh !

Yeah, I assumed it would be for the Highline too. But my SA was pretty confident when he said it would apply to the Comfortline model. We'll never know for sure, till it launches I guess.

Yes, engine upgrades would be highly doubtful. But as discussed before, any upgrades to the GT variant would only raise the price of the hot-hatch from the already expensive price tag. VW would have to plan the pricing really well if they intend to update features on the GT.
Old 10th October 2016, 19:39   #4104
BHPian

Got my red GT TSI on 7th Oct
This is my first AT. Had a doubt regarding the DSG AT usage (Wear and tear to clutch).
In stop and go traffic:
1. Is it good to just put the car in D mode and press/release brake and use accelerator to fill the gap? or
2. Should the gear lever be kept juggling between D (to move forward) and N (when stopped)?
Old 10th October 2016, 20:20   #4105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock View Post
Got my red GT TSI on 7th Oct
This is my first AT. Had a doubt regarding the DSG AT usage (Wear and tear to clutch).
In stop and go traffic:
1. Is it good to just put the car in D mode and press/release brake and use accelerator to fill the gap? or
2. Should the gear lever be kept juggling between D (to move forward) and N (when stopped)?
For short stops and slow moving stop go traffic I keep it in D
I put it in D if the stop is going to be more than 10 secs I just put it in D. For more than that, I just put it in N and pull the handbrake and remove the foot brake.
freedom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 20:53   #4106
BHPian

Had some confusion regarding auto dimming IVRM. Does the current GT come equipped with one?

Last edited by Aston Singh : 10th October 2016 at 20:58.
Old 10th October 2016, 21:18   #4107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had some confusion regarding auto dimming IVRM. Does the current GT come equipped with one?
Yep it does. Been there since the beginning of the year.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 21:23   #4108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Yep it does. Been there since the beginning of the year.
Great! I couldn't find that listed on the VW website for the GT twins, hence the confusion. Thank you.
Old 14th October 2016, 23:47   #4109
BHPian

Guys, do we have anyone here running with Brembo slotted rotors + Brembo red pads ? Tarox G88 + Brembo red pad is a good upgrade, but Tarox G88 (38K) is way out of my budget, any inputs on Brembo slotted rotors + Brembo red pads will be helpful.
GT145 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 03:24   #4110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
Guys, do we have anyone here running with Brembo slotted rotors + Brembo red pads ? Tarox G88 + Brembo red pad is a good upgrade, but Tarox G88 (38K) is way out of my budget, any inputs on Brembo slotted rotors + Brembo red pads will be helpful.
Are the rotors in your car worn out? Or are you just looking to improve the braking power of the stock setup? If the rotors are good and you are trying to improve braking, then I would suggest Brembo red pads with stock rotors. After receiving this suggestion from a few GT TSi owners who had upgraded just the pads, I too upgraded to this setup in my GT and there is a huge improvement in braking.

On the other hand, if your rotors are worn out as well and need replacement, then Brembo red pads and slotted rotors may be a good choice.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks