Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2016, 12:09   #4201
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
They will give it as a accessory though but for a price which i personally found it to be steep (10k).Im checking out other options currently.
Buy it from Aliexpress and get it installed from a local car accessories shop or a DIY. Installation takes 15-20 mins at max.

Total cost would be approx 95 USD for the arm rest and 1200 INR for customs.
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 22:19   #4202
BHPian

Anyone out here knows about the GT TSI group and also the official TeamBhp Watsapp group.?
Sorry for the off-topic but I have been searching around different threads to get to know about the watsapp group's with vain.Will really be helpful if some one can add me.
Old 21st November 2016, 23:12   #4203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Buy it from Aliexpress and get it installed from a local car accessories shop or a DIY. Installation takes 15-20 mins at max.

Total cost would be approx 95 USD for the arm rest and 1200 INR for customs.
You can get it for less - I paid 84$ for the arm rest and 800 in customs. You can negotiate with the guy.
Old 22nd November 2016, 11:03   #4204
BHPian

Had a weird experience with the climate control today morning. Started from home around 7:30 in the morning and did not switch on the climate control for the first 15 minutes as the weather was good outside. When I switched on the climate control by pressing the "Auto" button, the screen showed fan speed to 3 and temperature set to 22 deg but there was no air from the vents. I fiddled with almost all possible settings of fan speed and temperature including defogger but it just did not work. I stopped in the side of road, killed the engine and switched it ON again and the climate control started working normally.

I have no idea why this happened but it was weird to see the car acting like a computer where you can solve almost any problem by shutting it down and restarting

Lets see if it happens again but out of curiosity, does anyone know why this might have happened?
Old 22nd November 2016, 12:53   #4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Had a weird experience with the climate control today morning. Started from home around 7:30 in the morning and did not switch on the climate control for the first 15 minutes as the weather was good outside. When I switched on the climate control by pressing the "Auto" button, the screen showed fan speed to 3 and temperature set to 22 deg but there was no air from the vents. I fiddled with almost all possible settings of fan speed and temperature including defogger but it just did not work. I stopped in the side of road, killed the engine and switched it ON again and the climate control started working normally.

I have no idea why this happened but it was weird to see the car acting like a computer where you can solve almost any problem by shutting it down and restarting

Lets see if it happens again but out of curiosity, does anyone know why this might have happened?
In my opinion, this will happen if the sensor detects an ambient temperature equal or lesser than the one set. Early morning, there is a good chance that the temperature, especially in the cabin was quite low. Happened to me once and thats all I could think of.
Old 23rd November 2016, 12:47   #4206
BHPian

Fellow GT owners,

It's been almost 2 months since I booked my GT TSi. I was promised delivery during the first week of November. My sales rep tells me that he too doesn't have any idea about the delivery date. I find it a bit absurd that VW Hosur doesn't have information as to when the next lot of GTs are coming in.

Can any fellow member shed some light on this issue ? Is there something else going on regarding GT production that we customers are unaware of ? Maybe in regard to the recent AllStar edition launch ?

I've been car-less for the past 2 months almost now and I cannot wait for my GT to arrive.
Old 23rd November 2016, 21:41   #4207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Fellow GT owners,

It's been almost 2 months since I booked my GT TSi. I was promised delivery during the first week of November. My sales rep tells me that he too doesn't have any idea about the delivery date. I find it a bit absurd that VW Hosur doesn't have information as to when the next lot of GTs are coming in.

Can any fellow member shed some light on this issue ? Is there something else going on regarding GT production that we customers are unaware of ? Maybe in regard to the recent AllStar edition launch ?

I've been car-less for the past 2 months almost now and I cannot wait for my GT to arrive.
Hello shoaib3030,

One of my colleagues had the same issue at the same showroom. He was promised delivery during the Diwali week when he booked the car late September/early October. We decided to pester the SA. It turned out or as the SA mentioned, that the showroom management was prioritizing GT deliveries to customers who were paying the amount in full and upfront. We asked the SA to keep us his promise or he would not be seeing any money at all. This happened last week and he is taking delivery tomorrow.

May be you should just walk in to the showroom and get things settled. Do not budge until the SA gives you a firm date of delivery.
srinivasnvns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 11:46   #4208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasnvns View Post
Hello shoaib3030,

.. May be you should just walk in to the showroom and get things settled. Do not budge until the SA gives you a firm date of delivery.
Thank you for your input srinivasnvns ! I immediately called up my SA and asked him for a proper delivery date. Apparently, the grey and red GTs are availables for delivery but the white ones are taking time to come in. He told me to give him a call by Tuesday since he might get some information regarding allocation on Monday. I hope things go well and I get to drive the car back home soon !
Old 24th November 2016, 23:38   #4209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
I'm also running on Apollo Alnac tyres. 185/60/R15 size.

I just went through the manual. Its a 2016 edition manual which includes instruction for the Ameo also.
It doesn't mention any specific pressure values. It only explains the location of the tyre pressure sticker, various symbols on it and general advisories.

Maybe these are revised values for more fuel efficiency? Can someone with a August 2016 and later production GT TSI confirm?
Sorry for the bump, but I think I cracked it. Yours is the sticker for Diesel Polo. They have stuck the wrong sticker on your car
Old 24th November 2016, 23:59   #4210
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow GT owners,

Availability of cars depends on number of bookings and which city etc. In my enquiry with two different dealerships, I learnt that GT models are being produced in lower numbers as compared to other models. Mainly due to introduction of the Ameo and increased export model production.

And it is also easier to get a car if you don't keep a color preference. I managed to get delivery in 3 weeks in spite of Flash Red being in high demand.

And as always dealerships will give the car to the customer who can make full payment first. Regardless of when you booked the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Sorry for the bump, but I think I cracked it. Yours is the sticker for Diesel Polo. They have stuck the wrong sticker on your car
Thanks rageshgr. I'll have it checked out at the service center. Meanwhile I got in touch with friends who have GT TSIs and spoke to few tyre dealerships. They all suggested 32 psi on all 4 tyres. So far no issues and I'm also getting good FE.
TheStig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 11:46   #4211
BHPian

This Monday morning has been rather splendid for me ! I just got word from my SA that my Polo GT TSi has reached Bangalore and I should be expecting delivery before this weekend

I wanted to know if it's alright to start this chapter of my life by immediately setting out on a decently-long road trip ? Is it too soon for the engine ? I was hoping I could manage a trip to Gokarna (from Bangalore) in the next few weeks. Thoughts on this ?

Also, any other issues I need to keep in mind while/after taking delivery of the car ?

Thanks !
shoaib3030 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 12:39   #4212
BHPian

Quote:
This Monday morning has been rather splendid for me ! I just got word from my SA that my Polo GT TSi has reached Bangalore and I should be expecting delivery before this weekend

I wanted to know if it's alright to start this chapter of my life by immediately setting out on a decently-long road trip ? Is it too soon for the engine ? I was hoping I could manage a trip to Gokarna (from Bangalore) in the next few weeks. Thoughts on this ?

Also, any other issues I need to keep in mind while/after taking delivery of the car ?

Thanks !
Congratulations! You will enjoy every minute with your new GT TSI.

Long drives are absolutely fine as long as you do not over stress the engine. Maintain sedate cruising speeds (80 - 90 KMPH in D7), as your engine would still be in the run-in phase.

One point I'd like to emphasize on is that when you have to stop at a signal/in traffic for more than 10 seconds, remember to shift into neutral instead of staying in Drive mode.

Enjoy the mental TSI
FanaticOnWheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 12:49   #4213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks !
Congratulations!

Is it too soon for the engine? No. Honestly, getting used to your car should be priority no 1. Also the tyres and brakes need to break in before they perform optimally. Make sure the engine is put through varying RPMs and hence cruise control should be avoided.

Have a safe trip and endless miles behind the wheel!
Turbohead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 19:38   #4214
BHPian

Here it is. Finally
Took delivery late afternoon today.

These were the best photos I could do given it was already 6:30 PM till I got home. Proper photo shoot to happen soon

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_3264.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_3265.jpg
aashish_84 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 08:53   #4215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks !
Congrats! Please do a PDI before you take delivery. There is no reason not to do a long trip. Just remember to not maintain a particular rpm for long. Keep varying the RPM you drive at. Also please keep a pack of 1L synthetic engine oil in the boot. All TSI engines love to guzzle oil.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks