Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2016, 20:29   #4126

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I am planning for a GT TSI this festive season. A few factors worry me.
1. They offer no discount unlike other polo models under volkfest scheme
2. Allstar updates are not yet for GT
3. The dealer (Chandigarh) currently don't have a test drive car
4. He said, it would take 2-2.5 months for the delivery after booking

I am not sure whether to book one now.. Is it going to get a facelift/update soon?! should i wait?! would it be a 2017 model if they deliver after 2-3 months?
Old 23rd October 2016, 21:22   #4127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyHeadlong View Post
I am planning for a GT TSI this festive season. A few factors worry me.
1. They offer no discount unlike other polo models under volkfest scheme
2. Allstar updates are not yet for GT
3. The dealer (Chandigarh) currently don't have a test drive car

I am not sure whether to book one now.. Is it going to get a facelift/update soon?! should i wait?! would it be a 2017 model if they deliver after 2-3 months?
1. There haven't been any significant discounts on the GT TSI , unless it is an older year model. These are supposedly assembled on order ( as per the Sales advisor).

2.All star I suppose is a one off variant, the highline is the top variant . Highline features are updated.

3.Most of the dealers don't have a test drive GT TSI, you can try the Vento TSI , I was given a test drive on the Vento. I went ahead and bought the GT and it is immensely more satisfying than the Vento TSI ;-) .

4. It takes about a month or so for delivery .

Go ahead, you won't regret it!
sunsetorange is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 08:11   #4128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyHeadlong View Post

Polo TSI generally got 1-2 months waiting period. Last week, I was enquiring on possibility of buying "test drive car" for one of my friend, and a senior sales guy told that they are short on TSI stock and stopped test drive for the car and they might sell the test drive car after the new stock comes. It could be possible that TSI is going to get another regular update which is due for 10 months now. Just go ahead and book the car, if they launch an updated version you can simply ask the dealer to get you the new model. If you are specifically looking for 2017 model then you should wait.
GT145 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 18:07   #4129
BHPian

Hey guys, this must be a pretty dumb query to begin with, but its something that I've been losing sleep over. The engine bay of my 2016 GT TSi has gotten quite mucky and dirty and I'd love to give her a good pressure wash in the same manner as i do with my other cars. But then, VW apparently doesn't recommend pressure washing the engine bay and even the underbelly of the car in some cases.

I'd love to have your thoughts on the same. Has anyone tried to pressure wash the underbelly/engine bay of the GT TSi? If so, what are the things to keep in mind to avoid trouble in the long run apart from covering the battery terminals and ECU?

Thanks
prince85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 18:09   #4130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Hey guys, this must be a pretty dumb query to begin with, but its something that I've been losing sleep over. The engine bay of my 2016 GT TSi has gotten quite mucky and dirty and I'd love to give her a good pressure wash in the same manner as i do with my other cars. But then, VW apparently doesn't recommend pressure washing the engine bay and even the underbelly of the car in some cases.

I'd love to have your thoughts on the same. Has anyone tried to pressure wash the underbelly/engine bay of the GT TSi? If so, what are the things to keep in mind to avoid trouble in the long run apart from covering the battery terminals and ECU?

Thanks
I have, but every time I do it, I worry. Hence I recommend you get the 'diesel wash' that they do on pumps to clean the engine bay and underbody. it evaporates very quickly and doesn't cause any damage.
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 18:17   #4131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I have, but every time I do it, I worry. Hence I recommend you get the 'diesel wash' that they do on pumps to clean the engine bay and underbody. it evaporates very quickly and doesn't cause any damage.

Thanks Frank, but diesel wash too involves rinsing the same with water eventually i reckon, isn't it? So is that safe?

Also any harm pressure washing just the underbelly (if i avoid the engine bay altogether?)

Cheers
Old 29th October 2016, 16:04   #4132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post

Thanks
This is an eye opener. I haven't gotten my engine bay washed with pressure, as I was kind of aware that it wasn't recommended, but even the underbelly? That is news for me, as I have been doing it once every month (water wash). Some insights would be appreciated here!
FanaticOnWheels is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2016, 21:28   #4133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
This is an eye opener. I haven't gotten my engine bay washed with pressure, as I was kind of aware that it wasn't recommended, but even the underbelly? That is news for me, as I have been doing it once every month (water wash). Some insights would be appreciated here!
Cars are fine if water splashes from underneath - in fact, this happens all the time when you drive in the rain.

The Polo petrol and TSI have no underbody protection so pressure washing the car from below has similar effects to pressure washing the engine bay. Hence, not recommended!
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 17:56   #4134
BHPian

Different stroke for different folks but why would people want to wash the engine bay? It is invisible all the time (hidden by the hood), so no aesthetics issue. Is dirt going to spoil anything in the engine bay?

A colleague pressure washed his Polo and had issues with water ingress in some sensors. I believe it had to be replaced.
Guite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 21:35   #4135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Different stroke for different folks but why would people want to wash the engine bay?
People even pay detailers to make the engine and everything around it shine! Wait, come to think of it, when it has come as part of a package, I have too! Even if I don't look again for a while, that clean, shiny engine does look great.

But a pressure washer? on a new or young car? Not necessary. That's the sort of thing to do when selling a grungy old car with a grease-and-grime-engrained engine compartment. Even then, there are chemicals to use (and maybe steam cleaning?)

No need for a pressure washer.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 06:54   #4136
BHPian

I am having issues with Bluetooth connectivity on my new feb 2016 bought GT TSI.
My iPhone appears to be connected and even displays the song, but no sound. Calls however come through.
Complete reset/ reconnection of the device after turning off the ignition seems to help. But how often can I keep doing that?
Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions?
Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:25   #4137
BHPian

I Just took delivery of my Polo GT TSI yesterday after waiting for more than 2 months post booking. The only issue i had was that the spare key i received was not remote .when i asked the executive he said for GT only one remote key will come. Is it true, because I remember seeing Fellow Bhpians here getting two remote keys for their GT.
lancer_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:43   #4138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
I Just took delivery of my Polo GT TSI yesterday after waiting for more than 2 months post booking. The only issue i had was that the spare key i received was not remote .when i asked the executive he said for GT only one remote key will come. Is it true, because I remember seeing Fellow Bhpians here getting two remote keys for their GT.
Sadly, that's what almost all people got. There was a good phase where some got 2 remote keys but now they're on to cutting costs.
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:59   #4139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
All this was started in 2014 with the face lifted Polo GT. Mine is 2015 Oct GT TSI. My spare is non-remote too. They also did the following
1. Remove leather from handbrake :O
2. Provided painted made in India alloys instead of the handsome made in Spain machine cut alloys
3. Spare tyre is a 175/70 r14 Steel (Not sure if it was alloy ever)
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 15:27   #4140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
I am having issues with Bluetooth connectivity on my new feb 2016 bought GT TSI.
My iPhone appears to be connected and even displays the song, but no sound. Calls however come through.
Complete reset/ reconnection of the device after turning off the ignition seems to help. But how often can I keep doing that?
Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions?
Thanks in advance.
This is a well known problem with the unit - I have '13 TSI, off the first lot which arrived and there is an RCD 320 in it which experiences this problem. Several others have experienced it too. A workaround solution for this is to connect your phone before starting up the engine. It always works if you do that. Is your HU the RCD 320 too or the updated one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
3. Spare tyre is a 175/70 r14 Steel (Not sure if it was alloy ever)
Can confirm that the first lot and maybe some more after that have alloys. Luckily, I have all 5 alloys . Stupid cost cutting by VW at play here
aditya9567 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks