Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2016, 02:16   #4276
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
I have asked for the Blaunpunkt system on my GT TSi It comes with Navigation and Rear Camera. Dealer said there are no wiring modifications only socket to socket connections. Can someone please update on how good the system is? Thank you
I assume you are talking about the BP835? If so, the system is decent, gets the job done. Most useful features are the rear camera, and of course, offline navigation helps too - but the map updates won't be free AFAIK.

Touch screen is a bit laggy, slight issues with Bluetooth pairing (mostly minor, gets resolved once I re-pair my device). Overall, gets the job done, no hassles.
FanaticOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 10:55   #4277
BHPian

After a wait of almost 50 days, my love is finally here :cheering:

More updates in some time.

Quick question: Upsizing it to Michelins P3ST. Should I go for 195/60 or 195/55? Leaning towards the former, will get it done in a few hours.

Thank you everyone on T-BHP for assisting and guiding me during all my confused moments. Will post an ownership review soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_2879.jpg  

GTp0wer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 19:28   #4278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTp0wer View Post

Quick question: Upsizing it to Michelins P3ST. Should I go for 195/60 or 195/55? Leaning towards the former, will get it done in a few hours.

Thank you everyone on T-BHP for assisting and guiding me during all my confused moments. Will post an ownership review soon!
Congrats. I don't think P3ST comes in 195/55. It comes only in 195/60, and can vouch for it (52k kms with zero punctures) if you want a comfortable ride with decent handling. Or you can go for 205/55 for better cornering, available with conti and yoko s drives. Safe driving.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 22:23   #4279
BHPian

Quote:
After a wait of almost 50 days, my love is finally here :cheering:

More updates in some time.

I changed my stock tyres on GT To 195/60 Yokos. Great drive quality and lot of options to choose from. Did a 1200 km road trip and the drive and tyres were fabulous on GT.
dsinz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 01:56   #4280
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Hi Friends!

I sold my 2010 Passat Tdi last July and got the Endeavour 3.2 Titanium. My 11 year old Hyundai Getz was due a replacement and I wanted to be re-associated with VW.

Test drove the GT TSi, booked it at VW Downtown Mumbai day before yesterday ( Flash Red ).

I have asked for the 2017 manufactured car. Does anyone have any leads about VW increasing their prices in 2017? I am hoping they don't.

I booked mine at VW Downtown in mid Dec as well though I was not very thrilled at their non willingness to offer any sort of benefits or competitive offers on the GT. I too asked for a 2017 model though initially the dealer put me down for 2016. When I asked for a 2017 model I was asked to drop a mail to them.. in reply they said they had done the needful but were waiting for VW to bill them for the car. They also slipped in a mention of a possible rate hike to the tune of 3% (I believe VW have already said they'd increase prices across models in 2017). Verbally though he said from experience usually VW put in the hiked prices only towards end of Jan & that usually they'd able to confirm the final details around the 10th. Let's hope that's the case.

Reading n hearing of the various issues with VW's clutch & services though is still scary but the car is such a tempting buy for its joy to drive

Regarding the HU I thought I read somewhere that VW India were offering the Polo with CarPlay support.. can't seem to remember where that was

Last edited by Vandit : 1st January 2017 at 01:58.
Vandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 21:40   #4281
BHPian

50 k update:

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20161116_13_00_33_pro-2.jpg

A short update at the half lakh mark. The last year had been fairly uneventful and did my third 45k service in august. The major incident was i changed the DSG oil and the details are here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4034784

While capping a relatively uneventful year, a major change cropped up. I suddenly got the update itch and this time this was something deep. So, after a lot of research and help from bhpians, finally took the plunge and ordered these.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20161229_09_01_00_pro.jpg

Yes, its the Bilstein B6 sports suspensions. Ordered it from a UK based seller (Thanks to d_himan). A few snaps during the installation.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20161229_10_51_44_pro.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20161229_11_55_26_pro.jpg

And the old suspension.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20161229_10_50_53_pro.jpg

The old suspension was completely gone. As you can see in the video, it offered zero resistance with no bounce back at all.

Post upgrade my observations are,
1. To be frank, was really upset that i might have wasted my hard earned money on the ride back home from the garage post installation as the ride was super stiff and bumpy. As i ride predominantly in city limits with moderate highway usage, ride comfort was something i didn't want to loose.
2. But, after a couple of days of harsh rides on pot hole filled roads and a long highway drive, all my initial apprehensions were put to rest.
3. The suspension really settled down in a week and now it soaks in all the bumps really well. Still, i would rate the stock suspension higher for a purely city based driving (That's during the first 20k kms, as the suspension was feeling boat like as it was completely shot later).
4. Come to the highways, and all this confusion vanishes and you will love this thing. It hugs the road so well with almost zero vertical or side ways movement, you hardly realize the speeds you are travelling without seeing the speedo.
5. At the end, was pretty happy with my decision. Hope this thing holds up well.

The damage was Rs. 41k including customs and shipping which was a pretty great deal. And thanks to bhpians d-himan, graaja and gannu for their invaluable help. Safe driving.
drpudhi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 12:28   #4282
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Hi Friends!

I sold my 2010 Passat Tdi last July and got the Endeavour 3.2 Titanium. My 11 year old Hyundai Getz was due a replacement and I wanted to be re-associated with VW.

Test drove the GT TSi, booked it at VW Downtown Mumbai day before yesterday ( Flash Red ).

I have asked for the 2017 manufactured car. Does anyone have any leads about VW increasing their prices in 2017? I am hoping they don't.

Hi, did you get any updated date from the dealer on allocation by VW? I've still not got an updated on the expected delivery. 12th will make it a month since booking
Old 10th January 2017, 14:22   #4283
BHPian

A quick update about the initial impressions of the FE.

Drove my car from Ahmedabad to Mumbai a few days after the delivery last week. I kept the speed constantly between 90-110 with sporadic incidents of high RPMs and extra speed.

With the odometer at <500km, it gave me an impressive FE for mildly spirited driving along with a good speed.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_3064.jpg  

GTp0wer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 23:28   #4284
BHPian

Quote:
With the odometer at <500km, it gave me an impressive FE for mildly spirited driving along with a good speed.

Isn't it a tad too soon to be doing a highway run on a new machine that's still not done 500 - 1000 km yet? Just a thought

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th January 2017 at 09:23. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability :)
Old 11th January 2017, 10:29   #4285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Isn't it a tad too soon to be doing a highway run on a new machine that's still not done 500 - 1000 km yet? Just a thought
Not really. Modern engines need not be soft pedaled during the initial period. The only thing to be kept in mind during highway run in a new car is to not keep the rpm constant for a long time at a stretch but to rather rev it intermittently.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 10:46   #4286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

None.

Unless you want to forego your suspension and steering related warranty.
Old 11th January 2017, 10:54   #4287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
None.

Unless you want to forego your suspension and steering related warranty.
I think he already got 195/60R15 S-Drives as mentioned in another post elsewhere.

Also, since we are on the topic of tires, look at what I got for the Polo as her 25000 km gift
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20170109wa0058.jpg

MRF ZSport 205/55R15 Limited Edition Tires.

I have driven only 1.2 km on these (from the tire shop) so can't comment. I shall post here after 1500 km.
frankmehta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 21:26   #4288
BHPian

One of the clips, attached to the straps that pull up the parcel tray when I open the boot in my GT broke. Does anyone have any ideas on where I might be able to get a replacement clip or strap?
Old 16th January 2017, 08:51   #4289
BHPian

Hello bhpians,

Planning to book a GT TSI in a week or two and was wondering if any updates or refreshes were due for the polo in the near future. Heard rumours about the 1.4 TSI mill making it to the polo, how true is that? If it's nothing significant I will go ahead and book the car.

Cheers!
Old 16th January 2017, 08:55   #4290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Hello bhpians,

Planning to book a GT TSI in a week or two and was wondering if any updates or refreshes were due for the polo in the near future. Heard rumours about the 1.4 TSI mill making it to the polo, how true is that? If it's nothing significant I will go ahead and book the car.

Cheers!
The 1.4 TSi story was just a hoax afaik. The car that was discovered was actually a 1.0 TSi with manual transmission. The 1.4 is not really happening at least if Indian taxation rules stay the same way. If you want a more powerful version, the GTI is the only option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks