Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2019, 22:08   #5776
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalrao View Post

Wanted to ask, is there a chance that if I book the car this month they can sneakily sell me a 1.0 (or whatever new, possibly weaker, engine might show up) while still calling it a GT TSi ?
I don't think there is anyway they can sneakily do it. The engine capacity is mentioned in multiple places.

Of course, they can replace the 1.2 with the 1.0 and still call it the GT TSI.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 10:32   #5777
BHPian

Mini-Mod: Look Ma, No Hands!

Taking another leaf out of Gannu's rather large DIY book (link to post), I replaced the OEM windshield washer fluid reservoir cap with Audi's unit (part number 4M0955267).

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20190206_095748collage.jpg

The part is made of high-quality plastic, and is a lot more sturdier than the OEM cap. It has a proper hinge, which locks in place when it is opened (as seen in the right hand side picture above). This makes the reservoir filling process hassle-free.

Buying experience:

I bought the part on Boodmo (link). I paid Rs. 800, and received the part in 4 days (courier: Delhivery).

Note: In case you plan to order it, please note that it was available with a Delhi-based vendor when I bought it. It is now available only with a Europe based vendor, so the price and delivery time have increased. Also, a lot of members have had a poor experience with Boodmo, so please keep that in mind.

My humble VW is now 0.001% Audi.
TheLizardKing is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 11:39   #5778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post

My humble VW is now 0.001% Audi.
Or 0.002% if you consider the four rings logo on the engine block
Old 6th February 2019, 12:03   #5779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasnvns View Post
I also purchased the add-on warranty from VW Palace Cross Rajajinagar on 31st January, as BlueEyes did, by paying the amount online. The current warranty for the MY15 TSI will expire in June 2019. I am waiting on the policy document. They have some issues with the portal I am told.
An update to the above post: I received the warranty certificate last evening via email. The coverage starts right after the extended warranty expires.

Quote:
The 20k kms limit will be calculated on the basis of the odometer reading at the time of buying the package.
I now understand, looking at the warranty certificate that, that this is true.
Old 6th February 2019, 13:29   #5780
BHPian

Anyone here bought SVP? I am given a price of 10,333 for svp. For add-on one year warranty i was told that I can t avail this as my extended warranty is expiring in 2021. I told the person on phone that many have bought and you are passing wrong information to me to which she said she will get back.
Old 6th February 2019, 14:18   #5781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Anyone here bought SVP? I am given a price of 10,333 for svp. For add-on one year warranty i was told that I can t avail this as my extended warranty is expiring in 2021. I told the person on phone that many have bought and you are passing wrong information to me to which she said she will get back.
The SVP is over-priced. Why do I think so? I got the 45k servicing done for Rs 8,441. You just need to go through each item in the proforma invoice and cut the flab out. Also, please note that service interval-specific items (e.g. brake pads) are not covered under SVP, and you will have to pay extra for them.

About the add-on warranty, please contact Ms Shalini at VW Palace Cross Rajajinagar Bangalore (+91 91481 49434). She will help. But in your case, given that the 20k kms coverage starts as soon as you purchase it, it doesn't make sense to buy the add-on warranty package. Since you have almost 2 years of EW left, you will exhaust most of the 20k coverage in the EW period itself.

Last edited by TheLizardKing : 6th February 2019 at 14:21.
TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 14:50   #5782
BHPian

Quote:

given that the 20k kms coverage starts as soon as you purchase it, it doesn't make sense to buy the add-on warranty package. Since you have almost 2 years of EW left, you will exhaust most of the 20k coverage in the EW period itself.
I thought the add-on warranty for one year will start only after expiry of the 2+2 warranty.
Old 6th February 2019, 15:02   #5783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I thought the add-on warranty for one year will start only after expiry of the 2+2 warranty.
The add-on warranty has two limits: 20000 kms (subject to a maximum odometer limit of 125000 kms) and 1 year, whichever is reached earlier. The time limit on the add-on warranty will start once the EW expires. However the km limit will start as soon as you purchase it, since the dealer will enter the current odometer reading (mandatory field) in the VW portal at the time of the purchase. This is logical, since there is no way to know what the odometer reading will be on the day your add-on warranty becomes active.
TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 16:17   #5784
BHPian

Quote:
The add-on warranty has two limits: 20000 kms (subject to a maximum odometer limit of 125000 kms) and 1 year, whichever is reached earlier. The time limit on the add-on warranty will start once the EW expires. However the km limit will start as soon as you purchase it, since the dealer will enter the current odometer reading (mandatory field) in the VW portal at the time of the purchase. This is logical, since there is no way to know what the odometer reading will be on the day your add-on warranty becomes active.
This makes sense. When I talked to my SA, he said it's better to wait for EW to come to an end before purchasing Add on warranty. That way, the add on warranty will start as soon as you purchase it.
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 16:23   #5785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
This makes sense. When I talked to my SA, he said it's better to wait for EW to come to an end before purchasing Add on warranty. That way, the add on warranty will start as soon as you purchase it.
True. But given the mouth-watering discount of Rs 7000 on offer, it may make sense to purchase the add-on warranty depending on your circumstances.

In my case, for example, the EW expires in August 2019. My monthly running is around 1000 kms. So my total running from today to August 2019 should be within 20000 kms. Even if it expires a little earlier, I can always purchase it again.
Old 6th February 2019, 16:33   #5786
BHPian

Quote:
True. But given the mouth-watering discount of Rs 7000 on offer, it may make sense to purchase the add-on warranty depending on your circumstances.

In my case, for example, the EW expires in August 2019. My monthly running is around 1000 kms. So my total running from today to August 2019 should be within 20000 kms. Even if it expires a little earlier, I can always purchase it again.
Yes, it makes sense for you to go for it now. Also, I thought the discount was on EW only. Anyway, I have got 4 more years on EW as my car got 1 year old this week.
Old 9th February 2019, 18:48   #5787
BHPian

With all the DSG failures in the air, do we know what % of the cars actually suffer such failures.
Also are these fairly evident before 40K KMS or take longer than that ?
Old 10th February 2019, 23:36   #5788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
With all the DSG failures in the air, do we know what % of the cars actually suffer such failures.
Also are these fairly evident before 40K KMS or take longer than that ?
Mine has crossed 50,000 km, no problem. It’s an excellent engine and gearbox combination. I don’t worry about it. It’s in its third year of four year warranty, with option to purchase up to seven years warranty.

I don’t think there would be any specific percentage failure trend. You are probably asking about statistics, right?
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 11:02   #5789
BHPian

My friend's GT TSI had a slight screeching type of noise during acceleration. He gave it to ASS and it was diagnosed that the clutch assembly had developed some problem and needed to be replaced. Thankfully, he had the extended warranty and got the clutch assembly replaced under warranty. The bill was around Rs 90,000! His car is 3.5 years old and done 35,000 kms so far.

The GT is an excellent car to drive but it comes with it's tantrums. Thankfully VW has introduced the 7 years extended warranty for their cars.
anshumandun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 13:38   #5790
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. Can someone help me source the OEM GTI armrest for my GT TSI? In Mumbai.

Moderator Suhaas had suggested Pete's, but they no longer sell it.
---
The VW Prabhadevi showroom sells them, so does the new VW Autobahn Mumbai West. Call them and check if they have.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks