Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2019, 14:19   #5761
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
I called VW Palace Cross Rajajinagar, and it was a repeat of VW Mumbai and VW Pune. The lady there told me that they cannot sell add-on warranty while the extended warranty is active.
I also purchased the add-on warranty from VW Palace Cross Rajajinagar on 31st January, as BlueEyes did, by paying the amount online. The current warranty for the MY15 TSI will expire in June 2019. I am waiting on the policy document. They have some issues with the portal I am told.

However, just to confirm, I called up the SA just now and I cited your post to her asking for a clarification on why we are hearing two things from the same service center. She mentioned that there is no problem with generating the policy for vehicles whose extended warranty is expiring later and not within the 30 days time as stipulated originally.

Could you call this number directly and speak with her? VW Rajajinagar Service - +91 80 2320 2260.

Last edited by srinivasnvns : 4th February 2019 at 14:20. Reason: Adding more information on the current warranty.
Old 4th February 2019, 14:31   #5762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
I purchased 1yr extended warranty(4th to 5th year) today for Rs 5,963(including taxes) for my MY15 GT TSI.
Even I purchased the same On Friday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
I called VW Palace Cross Rajajinagar, and it was a repeat of VW Mumbai and VW Pune. The lady there told me that they cannot sell add-on warranty while the extended warranty is active.
That's really strange!!! When My Main warranty of 2 years was coming to a close in December last year, I had contacted many dealers in Bangalore to get my car's 2+2 years extended warranty to 2+3 years. After a lot of calls to different dealerships and VW themselves, I was informed that It cannot be done and I could buy the Add-on Warranty.

Finally, the Rajajinagar service station executive suggested me that I can buy the Add-on warranty before the extended warranty will expire after 2 years and I need not spend immediately. It sounded like a good suggestion and I stopped there. Last Thursday I got a call from the same executive and she told that since I had inquired, she's calling me and she informed me about this offer. The offer was worth it IMO and hence I purchased the Add-on warranty of 1yr for 5963/- (instead of 12923/-)
The Add-on warranty will start immediately after my current Extended warranty expires in December 2020.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 14:52   #5763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasnvns View Post
I also purchased the add-on warranty from VW Palace Cross Rajajinagar on 31st January, as BlueEyes did, by paying the amount online. The current warranty for the MY15 TSI will expire in June 2019. I am waiting on the policy document. They have some issues with the portal I am told.
Thanks. I just received a call from another lady at Palace Cross, and she told me that the lady I spoke to earlier did not have the correct information. She told me that I can purchase the add-on warranty by sending her a picture of my instrument cluster so she can see the odometer reading. When I asked her when the 20k kms limit will become effective, she said she will check and get back. She just called me back and confirmed what the VW Mumbai CRM told me. The 20k kms limit will be calculated on the basis of the odometer reading at the time of buying the package. So I am effectively losing out on the kms I will drive the car between the date of purchase of the add-on package and the date of expiry of my EW. Given that my monthly running is around ~1k, I have decided to go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
That's really strange!!!
Such is the world of VW A.S.S. Even I had tried very hard to move from 2+2 to 2+3 because a few forum members reported doing so, but there was no support from any VW dealer in Mumbai and Pune.
TheLizardKing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 16:15   #5764
BHPian

Lot of fuss going around the warranty meanwhile I have booked red GT TSI MY19 and expecting to be delivered by end of Feb. Volkswagen is giving the 2+2 warranty now but I want to know when can I buy the complete 7 year warranty. I am fine paying the amount now itself, don't want to take any risk with DQ200.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 17:45   #5765
Distinguished - BHPian

Very confusing about extending the extended warranty! I'm supposing it cannot be bought for a car whose original extended warranty already expired six months ago?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 18:08   #5766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Very confusing about extending the extended warranty! I'm supposing it cannot be bought for a car whose original extended warranty already expired six months ago?
I believe you can still get the add-on warranty. Your car has to go through a general checklist. That should take about 2-4 hours at the service center. And coverage starts a few days after policy issue. Vehicles with valid warranty need not go through this check.
srinivasnvns is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 12:14   #5767
BHPian

VW has changed its warranty policy once again! All 2+X packages have been discontinued since Dec 31, 2018.

New car warranty
They've introduced a new 4EVER Care package (4 years) as standard for all VW vehicles.

Extended warranty
Vehicles purchased before Dec 31, 2018 have 2+1, 2+2, and 2+3 options. (Source)

Add-on warranty
Since it doesn't say otherwise here, I'm assuming the add-on warranty is available to all VW customers irrespective of the date of purchase. (Source)

I guess the folks at VW haven't heard of the KISS principle.
TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 12:57   #5768
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20190203_111811.jpg

Here you go with the new look fabric seat cover on my MY19 GT TSI. I found it sporty and quite contemporary. Much like the GTI ones sans the red color theme.

Idiling is under 1000 RPM in neutral.

Some more impressions from the drive over the weekend,

> No jerks in transmission
> Slot it into S mode and the car changes character in a jiffy (almost scared my wife)
> The engine note is addictive (reminiscent of the VTECs?)
> Rear bench space is poor and my mom was saying its bouncy at the back.
> I found the silver accent around the gear box kinda out of place (thinking of getting a vinyl wrap in black or matte color)
> Those 16" wheels sure does play a part in the ride quality, especially on the bad roads)
> Found the steering wheel a bit tight (maybe because of the same 16" wheels) (and I am comparing it to my Creta steering wheel)
> Carbon Steel Grey color is really cool, loving it!
thealtoman is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 13:22   #5769
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealtoman View Post
Attachment 1845092

Here you go with the new look fabric seat cover on my MY19 GT TSI. I found it sporty and quite contemporary. Much like the GTI ones sans the red color theme.
I absolutely love the tartan fabric upholstery that's now standard on the GT TSI models! I much prefer it to faux houndstooth fabric on the older models.

With all these updates, the GT TSI is a near perfect package in my opinion. The only thing missing are paddles on the steering. VW ought to have offered them, especially when it was made available on the Jetta!

Congratulations on your purchase!
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 13:41   #5770
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I absolutely love the tartan fabric upholstery that's now standard on the GT TSI models! I much prefer it to faux houndstooth fabric on the older models.
True it looks so much more "special".

Quote:
With all these updates, the GT TSI is a near perfect package in my opinion. The only thing missing are paddles on the steering. VW ought to have offered them, especially when it was made available on the Jetta!
Even before the Paddle shifters, I would say reverse camera and arm rest should be made standard. Paddles, better brakes and stiffer suspension are of course needed to make it perfect.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 13:44   #5771
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealtoman View Post
Attachment 1845092

Here you go with the new look fabric seat cover on my MY19 GT TSI. I found it sporty and quite contemporary.
Man, the upholstery looks kick-ass!

For these entry level cars, the fabric based upholstery is supremely comfortable compared to the aftermarket PU/leatherette ones. Plus, on a hot and sunny day, it doesn't sweat your backs.

And I so agree with Suhaas - the only thing missing is the paddles.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 13:47   #5772
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Even before the Paddle shifters, I would say reverse camera and arm rest should be made standard. Paddles, better brakes and stiffer suspension are of course needed to make it perfect.
Agreed, how could I have forgotten the armrest! It's the most crucial accessory for the TSI model and an absolute must.

As far as the brakes and suspension are concerned, I do not think VW will go that far to make the GT TSI, the package that it ought to have been from the start.

After all, it's the same company that has removed the little springs from the glove box and roof handles, not to mention the deleted boot-light to save costs.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 14:11   #5773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Man, the upholstery looks kick-ass!

For these entry level cars, the fabric based upholstery is supremely comfortable compared to the aftermarket PU/leatherette ones. Plus, on a hot and sunny day, it doesn't sweat your backs.

And I so agree with Suhaas - the only thing missing is the paddles.

Yes indeed. For our weather fabric seats are the best. And these tastefully done seat designs lift the over theme to a different level.
Old 5th February 2019, 14:15   #5774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Agreed, how could I have forgotten the armrest! It's the most crucial accessory for the TSI model and an absolute must.

As far as the brakes and suspension are concerned, I do not think VW will go that far to make the GT TSI, the package that it ought to have been from the start.

After all, it's the same company that has removed the little springs from the glove box and roof handles, not to mention the deleted boot-light to save costs.
Yikes, true that with the glove box and the boot-light. Suspension and brakes are adequate for normal driving. I tried a bit of high-speed cornering and had to wrestle with the car.
Old 5th February 2019, 17:19   #5775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
VW dealer said that the production of the 1.2 TSI engine is on halt. The company will be resuming production of engines only in End February- March 2019. They are not sure about the new specs on the GT TSI.

Are the 1.2 engines soon to be replaced by the 1.0 TSI 95bhp engines? Or is it a end of lifecycle facelift for the 1.2 GT TSI. Heard that the current 1.2 TSI engine is not BS VI compliant.

Any news in this regard?
Yeah, anyone heard any news of this kind?

When I pinged sales rep in Pune he said there is no such news, and the 1.2 turbo is "still going strong" apparently.

Wanted to ask, is there a chance that if I book the car this month they can sneakily sell me a 1.0 (or whatever new, possibly weaker, engine might show up) while still calling it a GT TSi ?
vishalrao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks