Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2019, 01:07   #5746

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealtoman View Post
Got GT-fied yesterday,
Took delivery of my MY 2019 Carbon Steel Grey color GT TSI.
Brilliant. Congratulations! Does it come with the obd II bluetooth adapter you get with connect edition?

Isn't an armrest present which you get in regular polo high line plus? Had booked a polo GT TSI last December but I am told that the model would be available only in March.

Could you tell when did you book yours?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st January 2019 at 06:46. Reason: Post fixed. Typos, Spacing.
Old 31st January 2019, 10:54   #5747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Congratulations!

I really like the new seats. Looks good.
A light in the glove box is sorely missed, so it is a good addition.

As for the horn, I recommend the VW upgrade. The plug is already there in our cars, and it takes 5 minutes to install the horn. I paid ~3K for it.
Yes, certainly the horn is in the upgrade list. Thanks mate for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Congratulations, and welcome to the GT TSI family.

Have you considered getting a tire upgrade? The Michelin PRIMACY 3 ST 195/60 R15 is a popular choice. I have been using them for 3-4 months now, and the noisy Apollos are a faint memory.

The suspension is one of the GT TSI's weaknesses. If your budget permits, you can consider a sports suspension like the Bilstein B6 kit.

It is a simple DIY, documented by Gannu here (VW Polo DIY: Adding a lamp to the glovebox). I have received the parts from AliExpress, will be executing it soon.
Already on 195/55/ R16. Let me see if I can get good rates for them, otherwise Im a bit tight on the budget to go for a tire swap right away.

Suspensions too have to wait but would be a dream upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealStig View Post
Brilliant. Congratulations! Does it come with the obd II bluetooth adapter you get with connect edition?

Isn't an armrest present which you get in regular polo high line plus? Had booked a polo GT TSI last December but I am told that the model would be available only in March.

Could you tell when did you book yours?
Will check on the OBD 2 Bluetooth,

Armrest is not present brother, had to add one. Got the OEM from the showroom itself. Quoted price was Rs. 6000 but got some slight discount on it.

I booked in December too, gave no color preference though. White and Red have the most bookings it seems, while the new Blue color is catching on. Company is not clear about the Steel Grey Color. At one point I heard they stopped producing the color for GT and then it was back all of a sudden.

Last edited by manson : 7th February 2019 at 14:47.
Old 31st January 2019, 16:23   #5748
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealtoman View Post
Got GT-fied yesterday,

Took delivery of my MY 2019 Carbon Steel Grey color GT TSI.
Congrats and wish you many happy miles!

One question for you - What is the Gear shift to RPM are you seeing ie. when does the car move from D1, D2, D3 and so on? in my case it D2 to D4 is not before 2000k.

Also any jerk/engine breaking while downshifting or breaking?
Old 31st January 2019, 17:12   #5749

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhushan08 View Post
One question for you - What is the Gear shift to RPM are you seeing ie. when does the car move from D1, D2, D3 and so on? in my case it D2 to D4 is not before 2000k.
Just for information gear shift need not be always at the same engine speed operating point. Transmission control software will consider factors like vehicle load, road gradient, electrical loads like AC, head lights being on to decide at what engine speed in which the gear shift will happen.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd February 2019 at 20:10. Reason: Spacing
Old 31st January 2019, 23:29   #5750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb View Post
There seems to be Republic day offers on extended warranty and service package. Please visit the below link
https://www.volkswagen.co.in/app/site/svp-warranty/

I got a quote for 2 year extended warranty for 9.3 k and one service pack for ₹6999. Also offers on minor paint works, wheel alignment. I believe this is a Pan India offer valid till Feb 10th 2019.
Mine is a 1.3 years old gt tsi.
I purchased 1yr extended warranty(4th to 5th year) today for Rs 5,963(including taxes) for my MY15 GT TSI. Though the current warranty is expiring on Aug 2019, I felt it's worth buying considering I have no plans to sell my ride and also this is a pretty decent discount IMO. The extended warranty will run right after the current one expires.

Also would like to get some feedback on VW connect adapter from fellow members who are using it. Looking at the handy details we get on the app, I am really inclined to have one, thoughts?
Old 1st February 2019, 01:06   #5751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
I purchased 1yr extended warranty(4th to 5th year) today for Rs 5,963(including taxes) for my MY15 GT TSI. Though the current warranty is expiring on Aug 2019, I felt it's worth buying considering I have no plans to sell my ride and also this is a pretty decent discount IMO. The extended warranty will run right after the current one expires.
How did you go about this? Can it be done online or do I need to visit a dealer? I am in the same boat with regards to my GT TDI. My 2+2 years warranty expires in August. I was informed that I have to wait until July before I can initiate this (when I was at the workshop for annual service last month).
Old 1st February 2019, 05:55   #5752
BHPian

Don't we have the 7 year warranty in Polo. I think we have a thread mentioning the same. It is safe to be covered under warranty for as long as possible specifically with DQ200.
Old 1st February 2019, 11:08   #5753
BHPian

I had mentioned a mild clunking sound from the suspension over mildly undulated roads. The ASC had first said its normal and there is not much sound but after much insistence and pushing they did come and take a look at it early morning when the car is first rolled out of the garage. This was when the sound was most audible.

They acknowledged it and took it in for diagnosing, the culprit was the shock absorber. They replaced the left one and the noise has now gone down from that side. There is still a mild clunk from the right. I inspected the failed shock, when you push it down it doesn't return back; A classic example of shock failure.

Now the question is: the car has done just 21500kms and the shock has failed. Supposedly if I do want it to be dead silent the right one too has to be changed in due time.

Isn't this too premature a failure? Should I be writing to VW about this?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th February 2019 at 14:11. Reason: addition of content / removing bold-font tags. Please avoid the use of the same for full sentences / paragraphs
Old 1st February 2019, 14:54   #5754
BHPian

I hear there is a considerable discount on extended warranty packs until Feb 10.
Old 1st February 2019, 14:56   #5755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth View Post
How did you go about this? Can it be done online or do I need to visit a dealer? I am in the same boat with regards to my GT TDI. My 2+2 years warranty expires in August.
I was visiting service center for a minor job and renewed it at the cash counter with the help of my SA. But, it can be done online as well, just fill in the details at the below link. You should get a call in a day and they would send you a link to pay online.

Hurry up, you have only 10 days!!
Quote:
I was informed that I have to wait until July before I can initiate this (when I was at the workshop for annual service last month).
Not necessarily, not for this offer atleast.
BlueEyes is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 09:42   #5756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhushan08 View Post
Congrats and wish you many happy miles!

Also any jerk/engine breaking while downshifting or breaking?
I have driven the car just on the day I took delivery. Planning on a detailed ride and a small photo shoot (with interior updates).

From my first drive, I found no jerks at all from the transmission while shifting up and down. In Drive mode, I found the gear to be in D6 most of the time. I saw D7 once when I was above 70-80 km/hr speed limit.
thealtoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 19:28   #5757
BHPian

Quote:
Not necessarily, not for this offer atleast.
I have a 2015 model, under extended warranty (EW) until August 2019. I tried contacting two dealers (VW Mumbai West and VW Pune BUB), and got discouraging responses:

VW Pune: refused to sell the add-on warranty saying that the application into which they punch in warranty orders does not allow sale of add-on packs to cars with more than one month of EW left.

VW Mumbai: After refusing initially, the CRE told me that she could sell me the add-on pack with one rider: the 20000 kms limit of the add-on pack would be effective immediately. Since my monthly running is around 1000 kms, I'm okay with that. However when I asked her about when the 1 year time limit clock would start, she said she'll have to get back on that. She hasn't called back so far.

@BlueEyes, could you share with the forum the contact details of your VW dealer? It'll also help us tremendously if you could upload a scanned copy of the receipt/invoice/warranty certificate. Both dealers asked me to share the same with them when I mentioned that a fellow Team BHP forum member with a 2015 car under EW has purchased an add-on pack.

Thanks in advance.
TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 22:59   #5758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
I have a 2015 model, under extended warranty (EW) until August 2019. I tried contacting two dealers (VW Mumbai West and VW Pune BUB), and got discouraging responses:
I have simply filled in the details at the below link and received a call very next day. Please do the same and select Bangalore city and service center as Palace Cross Rajajinagar.

Quote:
VW Pune: refused to sell the add-on warranty saying that the application into which they punch in warranty orders does not allow sale of add-on packs to cars with more than one month of EW left.
I am not sure what's cooking here!!
Help me understand, if VW India is running this campaign through out India, are they targeting only customers whose warranty expiring around Jan/Feb? I doudt that.

Quote:
@BlueEyes, could you share with the forum the contact details of your VW dealer? It'll also help us tremendously if you could upload a scanned copy of the receipt/invoice/warranty certificate. Both dealers asked me to share the same with them when I mentioned that a fellow Team BHP forum member with a 2015 car under EW has purchased an add-on pack.
Thanks in advance.
I am traveling right now, so don't have the receipts with me and warranty certificate which I am supposed to receive by mail hasn't arrived yet. I was told it would take couple of days.
BlueEyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 00:09   #5759
BHPian

Quote:
I have simply filled in the details at the below link and received a call very next day. Please do the same and select Bangalore city and service center as Palace Cross Rajajinagar.
Thanks a lot. I'll do that.

Quote:
Help me understand, if VW India is running this campaign through out India, are they targeting only customers whose warranty expiring around Jan/Feb? I doudt that.
I had the exact same question, for which they had no straight answer. One CRE told me that it is targeted at customers who haven't purchased EW. So I guess VW is penalising customers who care about their cars and spend on EW.

Quote:
I am traveling right now, so don't have the receipts with me and warranty certificate which I am supposed to receive by mail hasn't arrived yet. I was told it would take couple of days.
Please share them with us whenever you can. Thanks again.
Old 4th February 2019, 14:00   #5760
BHPian

Quote:
I called VW Palace Cross Rajajinagar, and it was a repeat of VW Mumbai and VW Pune. The lady there told me that they cannot sell add-on warranty while the extended warranty is active. After I told her about your purchase, she said she will check and get back. She then started trying to sell me the SVP. I turned the tables on her by offering to buy the SVP IF they sell me the add-on package.

Keeping my fingers crossed, without a lot of hope in my heart.

Also, can you please re-confirm the following?
  1. Your car's date of manufacture
  2. Expiry date of your extended warranty
  3. Your car registration number, if you are comfortable sharing it here or on PM.

Thanks again.

Last edited by TheLizardKing : 4th February 2019 at 14:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks