Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 17:24   #5821
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Getting my copy this weekend.
Such a cool shade. Congrats buddy. Do share the experience of driving the TSI.

It sure is a different experience for me. Having driven the CVT's on my Verna and Creta, the DSG is sportscar-like for me, especially on the Sport mode which I have explored just a bit.
Old 14th February 2019, 18:06   #5822
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealtoman View Post
It sure is a different experience for me. Having driven the CVT's on my Verna and Creta, the DSG is sportscar-like for me, especially on the Sport mode which I have explored just a bit.
I believe Verna and Creta have TC instead of CVT. I don’t remember them having a CVT anywhere in their life cycle till now. The latest i20 has CVT.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 09:38   #5823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Installed the AUTO headlamp switch with in-built light sensor, bought on AliExpress. Had a good buying experience, and the seller was very responsive.

Was pleasantly surprised when he shared a PDF copy of the product manual with me. Though the English translation made it painful to read, I was amazed by the number of configuration options provided (e.g. a provision to turn the fog lights ON or OFF either manually or automatically). VFM mod, and adds that little bit of a 'luxury car' feel.
Can this switch be fit in my 2017 polo GT?
Old 15th February 2019, 09:52   #5824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Can this switch be fit in my 2017 polo GT?
Yes. It's plug and play. It's as easy as replacing the refill of a ball point pen
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 10:13   #5825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I believe Verna and Creta have TC instead of CVT. I don’t remember them having a CVT anywhere in their life cycle till now. The latest i20 has CVT.
Oh sorry my bad then. Yes they had the torque converter unit.
Old 16th February 2019, 15:00   #5826
BHPian

VW Polo tops the JD Power Initial Quality Study (IQS) for the premium compact segment.

https://www.financialexpress.com/ind...study/1489127/

https://india.jdpower.com/node/7676/...mium%20Compact

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th February 2019 at 11:22. Reason: Spacing
niteshbids is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 11:39   #5827
BHPian

Hi guys.

It's been a while from my last post, and I thought I might as well add on from my last post, which was about my experience with fitting a reverse parking cam setup and thought this might help others.

So even after explaining to the guy the system on board is the newer one(with android auto) he had installed an older version of cam and that had led to car displaying a message saying auto connect is not enabled.

After explaining the problem to the guy, he got a specific unit dispatched from his dealer, made for the new RCD and with a simple change of wire harness everything seems to be working fine again including android auto!!

Paid 7k for the same.

Just make sure to point out the unit is a newer version and with the right version of wire harness everything should be a relatively easy fix(although mine took a month due to the part being shipped three times from Mumbai till they sent a tried and tested part)

Apart from this I had a few questions. Kindly help with same if you guys have any idea!

Thanks in advance.

1. I am sure you guys would have seen the "Samurai lip bumpers" that are usually stuck on(and some even bolt these on). Would it be safe to put these for the sides as well(bolted) ?

2. I was looking for those fancy colored(red and black) VW badges(front and back) and haven't been able to source it from AliExpress etc. Where can I find these? Or would it make sense to just get the stock ones painted/wrapped?

3. I remember reading somewhere, that if the wipers are in auto setting and it's raining, if you slot the car in R then the rear wiper would also start wiping away but yesterday when I did get to try it, it wasn't working. Mine is a Dec 2018 GT.

Is it not working with my car?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th February 2019 at 07:16. Reason: Spacing and formatting for improved readability
phro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 14:28   #5828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Yes. It's plug and play. It's as easy as replacing the refill of a ball point pen
Their user manual is a direct translation from native mandarin to english. Can't make out head and tail of the settings.

Could you guide how to set up the fog lamps for low light before the module switches on the headlamps?
Old 17th February 2019, 14:44   #5829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Mine has crossed 50,000 km, no problem. It’s an excellent engine and gearbox combination. I don’t worry about it. It’s in its third year of four year warranty, with option to purchase up to seven years warranty.

I don’t think there would be any specific percentage failure trend. You are probably asking about statistics, right?
Thats nice to hear. A friend of mine is in his 3rd gear box. It would be nice to know the statistics too.
Old 17th February 2019, 22:15   #5830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Thats nice to hear. A friend of mine is in his 3rd gear box. It would be nice to know the statistics too.
Oh that’s a lot of gear box change. In how many years or kms?

I even wonder whether driving style has an impact on DSG issues. Ours is driven sedately by both my wife and myself. On highways we do reach 100+ but we are in no major hurry to reach that speed.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 09:41   #5831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
BTW, I went with a wildcard choice - MRF Perfinza and couldn't be happier. Most of my previous upgrades have been Michelins.
Same here buddy.

My stock Apollo Alnacs, at 35k kms, had still some life left but they had become too noisy so I decided to replace them. I had read a review of the Perfinzas by someone here on tbhp who had installed them on his VRS. So I decided to go ahead with them and I am happy with the purchase. My review after using them for 5k kms:

Good grip: Check!
Comfortable ride: Check! (they have a bigger side wall)
Less Road Noise: Check!
Cost effective: Almost check! (5400 per tyre).
Looks: Check! (the asymmetrical tread pattern looks cool)

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_5547.jpg

People looking to replace their tyres for the TSI should consider the Perfinzas too apart from the Michelins and Conti.
anshumandun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 11:41   #5832
BHPian

So this morning when I was about to leave for work, I get into the car with the usual routine - crank the engine, setup music, Aircon, etc. And right when I am about to slot into D, the brake pedal goes all the way in, ABS light is on - full time, which means not a small issue. Walked out of the car and there's a puddle near the front left wheel. The brake oil has leaked out it seems.

First thought - Rodents, but I have never had issues with rodents earlier. Now I had just got the car serviced at Mira road workshop, and had asked them to check the brakes as I felt a shudder at high speeds.

Question to you guys - could it really be that easy for a rodent to cut open the tubing? I know they bite the wiring, but would the tubing for brake fluid be a little more tough? Also I had 3M anti rodent treatment done.
Or, could the workshop have botched the job?

Lastly, how much would it cost to repair? I don't want to get ripped off by the workshop

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th February 2019 at 14:46. Reason: Spacing
Old 18th February 2019, 14:26   #5833
BHPian

Quote:
Also I had 3M anti rodent treatment done.
Hi. Firstly sorry to hear about what happened. I am relatively new and have no such experience so I don't have any inputs.

Can you tell me more about this anti rodent thing and how much did it cost you?
Like literally 2 hours ago I saw a rat(kind of big) sitting on my Tyre when I walked out to the car.
My initial reaction was to chase right after it like a madman.

On thinking about it, I have read many such instances of rats spoiling engines etc, I am worried and would like to take any steps possible to avoid any kind of rodent trouble!!
Thanks for your input and sorry I couldn't provide same for your trouble!
Old 18th February 2019, 15:48   #5834
BHPian

Friends how does the MID works in TSI. I am unable to see much options there. How to check instantaneous fuel efficiency. The distance to empty is showing wrong readings every time. After a tank full it was showing 330km and post driving 30-40 kms it has increased to 350kms. What is the actual range after tankful for other members. Refer below pic after tankful.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20190216_201203.jpg  

Old 18th February 2019, 16:33   #5835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Friends how does the MID works in TSI. I am unable to see much options there. How to check instantaneous fuel efficiency. The distance to empty is showing wrong readings every time. After a tank full it was showing 330km and post driving 30-40 kms it has increased to 350kms. What is the actual range after tankful for other members. Refer below pic after tankful.
You would need to use the up and down direction buttons on the right portion of your steering wheel. Some of them have a second option as well. The right arrow would help in reading those
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks