Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2019, 12:41   #5941
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Rumor: New Updated models from VW Polo (Including GT TSI) to appear.
Had a word with one of the dealers regarding the GT TSI.
Currently the waiting period is suggested as 3.5 months due to an update soon to arrive, which has;

1. Updated Rear bumper.
2. Rear camera as standard (Requiring the bumper modification)
3. Updated Tailights (Not sure if it might be LED)
4. Updated headlights with DRL (Not sure will get projectors)
5. Might include fabric and seat upgrades.

Expected price increase of around 15k (Ex showroom).
thirumalkumaran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 13:56   #5942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
I think you're confusing showroom and service centre. In Delhi, the showrooms are where all the accessory work is done, and the service centre will always tell you they can't/won't do any accessories related tasks.
I spoke to the showroom (Shaman Motors, Prabhadevi) from where I bought my car and the reverse camera option they have would require me to drill a hole in the rear bumper. This will cost me a whooping 9k!! They do not have the option of the camera with in the number plate light.

I have ordered an OEM Number Plate Light Camera from AVS Tuning for just 2k which will fit directly in the RCD 340G headunit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
VW ASC has refused to install the low tone horn in my GT TSI as they say they will have to cut wires as there is no provision in the wiring harness for cutout. And cutting wiring may disqualify warranty. So please check before you proceed. My car is 2018.
I have been told that the socket that connects to the low tone horn is left behind the right headlight. So no cutting of wires are required and hence no warranty issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I got the low tone installed from vw service centre in mira road. Try to contact them. They made it clear that they wont support for warranty on the additional low tone horn. The car's warranty will not be affected by this.
I also give my car to the Mira Road Service Centre and they have said that they will not be able to install the low tone horn at the service centre. I will buy the horn from them and get it installed at a trusted workshop.

Did yours connect to the OEM socket? Can you confirm where this socket is located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
There is a YouTuber called Shailendra or Classic Car Radio in Delhi who offers a lot of cool OE type mods for VWs, you might find it interesting.
I spoke to this guy just yesterday and I found him very rude and unaccommodating during our conversation. I had called him for 03 items - A Reverse Cam for my Polo GT TSI, A MIB II HU for my Jetta & A Reverse Cam for the Jetta.

He does not seem to like to explain the features available on his products and is in a hurry to end the conversation quickly which is stupid as I informed him that I am calling from Mumbai and needed certain details before I commit to buy. The MIB II headunit only has Apple CarPlay which he is not willing to ship from Delhi and it has to be picked up. While I was asking other details he just disconnected the line. I wouldn't really recommend this guy!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th April 2019 at 14:33. Reason: Back to back posts.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 15:13   #5943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I have been told that the socket that connects to the low tone horn is left behind the right headlight. So no cutting of wires are required and hence no warranty issues.
I also give my car to the Mira Road Service Centre and they have said that they will not be able to install the low tone horn at the service centre.
Did yours connect to the OEM socket? Can you confirm where this socket is located?
Did you talk to Bhavna, the manager over there? She was very cooperative when i went to install. Its definitely plug and play and socket is behind the front right fog lamp. The only thing missing will be the mount to hold the horn due to which they may be saying it cant be done. And since its genuine VW horn bought from VW itself there should not be any warranty issues.
Old 11th April 2019, 17:47   #5944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
The only thing missing will be the mount to hold the horn due to which they may be saying it cant be done.
So what did you do about the mount? Or did they give you the mount with the horn?
Old 11th April 2019, 18:08   #5945
Distinguished - BHPian

Last time I asked here, I was advised that a bracket is necessary. Some kind person gave me the part numbers for horn and bracket, which I have since lost.

My service adviser told me that they would not fit it as it was illegal. Subsequent services: I forgot about it.
Old 11th April 2019, 18:39   #5946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
Rumor: New Updated models from VW Polo (Including GT TSI) to appear.
Had a word with one of the dealers regarding the GT TSI.
Currently the waiting period is suggested as 3.5 months due to an update soon to arrive, which has;

1. Updated Rear bumper.
2. Rear camera as standard (Requiring the bumper modification)
3. Updated Tailights (Not sure if it might be LED)
4. Updated headlights with DRL (Not sure will get projectors)
5. Might include fabric and seat upgrades.

Expected price increase of around 15k (Ex showroom).
I just booked a GT TSI in Pune and I'm worried about any change in engine specs. Any news/rumours in that area?
Old 11th April 2019, 19:07   #5947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalrao View Post
I just booked a GT TSI in Pune and I'm worried about any change in engine specs. Any news/rumours in that area?
I don't think they would launch the GT TSI with a different engine as silently as they seem to be doing with the incremental updates.

You can ensure that you are getting a 1.2 TSI when the dealer confirms allocation, before you pay the balance amount.

Not something you should would worry too much about.
GoBlue is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 22:26   #5948
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to the showroom (Shaman Motors, Prabhadevi) from where I bought my car and the reverse camera option they have would require me to drill a hole in the rear bumper. This will cost me a whooping 9k!! They do not have the option of the camera with in the number plate light.

I have ordered an OEM Number Plate Light Camera from AVS Tuning for just 2k which will fit directly in the RCD 340G headunit.

I spoke to this guy just yesterday and I found him very rude and unaccommodating during our conversation. I had called him for 03 items - A Reverse Cam for my Polo GT TSI, A MIB II HU for my Jetta & A Reverse Cam for the Jetta.

He does not seem to like to explain the features available on his products and is in a hurry to end the conversation quickly which is stupid as I informed him that I am calling from Mumbai and needed certain details before I commit to buy. The MIB II headunit only has Apple CarPlay which he is not willing to ship from Delhi and it has to be picked up. While I was asking other details he just disconnected the line. I wouldn't really recommend this guy!
I'm glad you didn't go for the hole drilling option!

Very strange about Shailendra. I had found out about him via this thread and the review was largely positive.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...340g-plus.html (Skoda Laura - Upgrading the Swing head unit to RCD 340G Plus)
Old 12th April 2019, 10:33   #5949
BHPian

Quote:
So what did you do about the mount? Or did they give you the mount with the horn?
initially they asked me to get the mount . But i insisted and requested them to arrange it for me which they did and installed the horn.
Old 22nd April 2019, 11:36   #5950
Senior - BHPian

My Sep 18 car done a shade less than 8K has started giving me some sounds from the front suspension. They are definitely audible inside the cabin when the car either goes thru a speed breaker or some rough patch. There is no similar noise from the rear suspension.

Is this front suspension noise a common occurrence in the GT? I have a 2+3Yrs EW so am guessing it should take care of that considering 8K is too less for normal wear and tear to have taken place.

The annoying part though is that the car went for the 1st service check up at 7500 Kms and the workshop guys didn't even mention it in the observation..

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd April 2019 at 11:54. Reason: Spacing
Old 22nd April 2019, 11:54   #5951
BHPian

Quote:
My Sep 18 car done a shade less than 8K has started giving me some sounds from the front suspension. They are definitely audible inside the cabin when the car either goes thru a speed breaker or some rough patch. There is no similar noise from the rear suspension.

Is this front suspension noise a common occurrence in the GT? I have a 2+3Yrs EW so am guessing it should take care of that considering 8K is too less for normal wear and tear to have taken place.

The annoying part though is that the car went for the 1st service check up at 7500 Kms and the workshop guys didn't even mention it in the observation..
This is a fairly common issue in the Polo's. I have visited 5 different VW workshops in 3 cities trying to get to the bottom of this noise. None of them were able to pinpoint.

Do read through this thread below. There are a bunch of things you could try and narrow down the issue by elimination.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...rattles-6.html (DIY - VW Polo/Vento: Getting rid of Door Rattles)
Somewhere around post 30 the discussion shifts from door rattles to the ones from the bonnet.
Do let us know if you are able to figure out the issue.

One thing that I'm yet to do is check for the radiator nuts and bolts. But that requires pulling apart the front bumper. So that task is for another day. Don't want to mess the factory fit of the bumper.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd April 2019 at 12:33. Reason: Formatting quoted post
Old 22nd April 2019, 12:31   #5952
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Yes, the noise is common and I'm not completely sure, but I think it's an indication of substandard dampers.

Sometime around 2012-13, VW changed their vendors for suspension parts and now use substandard Gabriel dampers and other components. These do not last long, and most owners of most Polos from 2015-16 (that are now completing 30k-40k on the odo) are experiencing poor damping due to shot dampers.

I tried my level best to get the VW service chaps to put the car up on a lift so that I can get the parts replaced (I was in my 3rd year of ownership and within extended warranty coverage) but all they did was shrug their shoulders and then took me for a drive in my own car, (!!!) in a bid to convince me that the suspension is fine.

These service guys will do anything to avoid replacement of parts, and will wait for the warranty period to expire so they can charge you for the parts.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 12:58   #5953
BHPian

I just bought the auto light switch with built in sensor from Ali Express. Based on the manual I tried several options given in it but I am unable to activate any. Especially the fog light switching on automatically with the low beam. The instructions are followed to the the T but nothing happens.

Can anyone who's bought this switch guide on how to activate the options.
Old 24th April 2019, 15:09   #5954
BHPian

Hi All,
I have a question regarding steering stiffness after prolonged periods of parking.
I recently underwent a surgery which meant my car was parked for a month unused. I made sure to inflate the tires a little more than usual and parked it on a flat surface.
However, when I drove the car for the last two days, the steering felt considerably stiffer. Has anyone faced anything like this on the GT TSI or any other car?
Any information would be very helpful before I head to the VW ASS.
Old 4th May 2019, 12:08   #5955
BHPian

Guys I just can't stop drooling over the new smoked grey 16" alloys on the newer GT TSIs.
I have the slightly older silver colored 16" Portago. Is there anyway I can get it smoked grey like new ones?
penpavan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks