Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2020, 14:38   #6691
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Is there a possibility it may come from the AC/ventilation system? I get a noise in my car, which is only noticeable at low speed.
It's definitely coming from under the car somewhere. Perhaps close to the transmission, but I might be mistaken about that. My noise comes at low speeds in stop and go traffic conditions. Not sure how to determine if it is the AC or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
If it comes at certain RPM and goes away, it could be even some loose screws which vibrate at some RPM range.
Does it happen during idling also? In that case it could be drive belt/AC belt or even valve tappets. On I used to get trrr noise in my car and it happened to be a cabin filter with a hole which used to cause the sound when the blower was on)
Is there also vibration along with the sound?
Does it happen only when the AC is on?
I'd say its definitely between 1800-2500 RPM max.

Doesn't happen during idling and doesn't have a vibration accompanying it. Very weird situation all around.
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 13:59   #6692
BHPian

Hi,

I have a December 2018 POLO GT TSI. On high speeds above 110 km/hr or 120 km/hr I have noticed a whistle type of sound from the right side of bonnet which is continuous. I got it checked before lockdown, VW service center diagnosed it using their computer and said there seems to be no error. The fuel pump is also fine. The service center manager concluded that at high speeds the air hits the car body and makes noise. He said this is true with all VW POLO supposedly "aerodynamics play". Can someone guide if this is true or I should get it diagnosed again? My second year service is due in few days.

The noise is whining type. Please advise.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th December 2020 at 16:13. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 16th December 2020, 01:47   #6693
BHPian

Sounds like a small air leak past the door gasket or windshield.
Old 28th December 2020, 18:57   #6694
BHPian

Hi TJ02,

We are bunch of keen observers, I must say. I observed the whining sound in my Vento 1.2 TSI around 2000-2100 RPM (my wife feels the opposite and says everything is normal). I generally notice the sound while driving in the nights and in my car it comes from the left side of the bonnet. Service guys were unable to diagnose the sound, even after repeated attempts. Over the last six months tried various adjustments, which included checking the sound in various AC settings, moving AC vent fins in different directions, checking the padding in the bonnet etc. Last week, I observed that the gasket or the rubber beading in the bonnet which holds the plastic part was loose and fixed it tightly after which I did not observe the sound(at least for now). I have circled the part where it was lose and where I fixed it. You might want to check the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-inkedvento_li.jpg  

Last edited by cormodore : 28th December 2020 at 19:19. Reason: edited the text for more clarity
cormodore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 11:16   #6695
BHPian

Hi cormodore,

I will check this piece highlighted by you.
I got my servicing done and they checked all the things suspension, arms, pump etc could not find anything.
I will check what you suggested.

Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 16:05   #6696
BHPian

Hey guys, any recommendations for good quality 3D rubber mats for the GT TSI? I used the rubber mats that the dealer gave me and though they were poor quality (slippery, shiny, the positioning/holding pins didn't work), they lasted me 7 years. Now, i am using another set of fabric ones which I bought online and again are of questionable quality (cuts are not proper, no holding pins). Hence, please suggest.
Old 30th December 2020, 18:32   #6697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Hey guys, any recommendations for good quality 3D rubber mats for the GT TSI? I used the rubber mats that the dealer gave me and though they were poor quality (slippery, shiny, the positioning/holding pins didn't work), they lasted me 7 years. Now, i am using another set of fabric ones which I bought online and again are of questionable quality (cuts are not proper, no holding pins). Hence, please suggest.
Get the original VW Polo Rubber Mats from the dealer. They are an exact fit and get locked down perfectly. It is a VW original accessory for the Polo. The are not expensive either , I guess around 2k for a set. They are so good that I purchased as extra set as well.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 18:33   #6698
Distinguished - BHPian

Both my Polos have had mats supplied with the car. They are good, seem to be hard-wearing, and fit exactly, including clipping onto the VW floor pins.

Dealer options tend to be higher-priced than third-party, but if the product fits and lasts well, the cost should be secondary.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 20:10   #6699
BHPian

Does anyone help me out to source 02 sensors (in and out) for my 2016end Polo GT TSI?
I in fact had ordered it last year during my periodical service. That time they said they don't have stock of the o2 sensor and only have stock of o2 sensors for normal polo and its cant be used as for the GT it's different. It's been one year I have been following up and I haven't got the part. Every time when I call they give me some excuse or the other.

So if anybody can help me with this please do. I can share the part number if anybody can help me with this. The car has driven only for 18k and its out of warranty now.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th January 2021 at 00:45. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 9th January 2021, 00:15   #6700
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
So if anybody can help me with this please do. I can share the part number if anybody can help me with this. The car has driven only for 18k and its out of warranty now.
Check this link out - this is for Polo 1.2TSI 2016 as per them.
https://oriparts.com/39/721/75331/3964040
Old 13th February 2021, 13:18   #6701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi Ganesh,

Yes. The original price is 40+K. I don't know how my dealer had this offer. It is possible that this was some offer that was dealer specific. They also gave me a proper invoice. Will share the invoice copy in a couple of days (right now am traveling).

Can you please share the invoice. I am planning to visit PPS Motors for the annual service and would like to get this upgrade done.

Thanks a lot
Old 25th February 2021, 13:28   #6702
BHPian

Im looking at picking up a pre-owned Polo GT TSI here in Bangalore and with a working budget looking at at 2015 / 2016 model. The GT TSI would be my daily driver. Any indication on a price point as well would be much appreciated.

Ive previously owned cars like the Octavia L&K, 320D, 520D and gave them away due to a business slump and now a daily driver a Maruti Gypsy King.

I love cars ! I cant just settle for anything. I did a bit of research and liked the GT TSI as a hatchback. The dynamics of the car look good with a few good horses as well. A bit cramped in the rear seating but I can live with that.

The advice I would like to get is what I need to look at before buying a pre-owned GT TSI. Im thinking mileage below the 45k mark should be alright. How are the service costs of this car as I really do not want to be spending too much on service etc.

Cheers!
Old 25th February 2021, 13:32   #6703
Senior - BHPian

Disk Pads - What's the solution?

I have a GT TSI which is 2.5 Yrs old and done about 20K . As we all know, the brakes in the GT are atrocious to say the least. What is the reasonable solution to upgrade?

I have been told there are some good brake upgrades with 14K for brake pads and 28k for rotors !!!

Are there no other alternatives?
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 17:35   #6704
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Disk Pads - What's the solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I had bought Brembo rotors and pads from amazon. They've definitely worked better than the stock, still not comparable to the Octavia though.

It was for 10k in all.
SLK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 18:50   #6705
BHPian

Quote:
If you are after stopping power go for a big brake kit.
If you are suffering from warped disc and brake juddering go for brembo rotors and pads as mentioned by SLK.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks