Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2020, 15:51   #6541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I am not sure about the options for 16” wheels. Maybe others can throw some light on this.
I'm running 205/50 16" for the past 6 years with minor impact in ride quality, thanks to softer compound Yoko earth tyres. However if the roads in your area are not good , I would not suggest 16" as the alloy rims take a major dent every time you hit a pothole at speed.
Old 6th February 2020, 16:34   #6542
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Has anyone purchased the service value package. My gt-tsi is due for 24 month service. Was quoted around 11k for the package. Wondering if a regular service will cost more?
I think a regular service will cost you less if you ask them not to do ac disinfectant and interior dry cleaning or anything else which isn't required. What do you get in the service value package?
Old 6th February 2020, 17:09   #6543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I think a regular service will cost you less if you ask them not to do ac disinfectant and interior dry cleaning or anything else which isn't required. What do you get in the service value package?
Thanks.

The package includes:
1. Cost of service and consumables for the 2nd year service.

From volkswagen website:
1x Free vehicle pick-up & drop.
50% discount on wheel alignment & balancing charges.
20% discount (maximum upto ₹3000/-) on minor body & paint jobs.
15% discount on 3M interior enrichment treatments.
1x Free inspection service within SVP validity period.

Service center folks told me bill is usually 14K and this will result in around 2-2.5K discount.
Old 11th February 2020, 20:59   #6544
BHPian

So, VW finally announced exit of DSG from Indian Polo TSI. 1.2 TSI (4 cylinder) will be replaced with 1.0 TSI (3 cylinder). Don't know if this is good news for the hot hatch or start of a slow death.
Old 12th February 2020, 13:23   #6545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post

Service center folks told me bill is usually 14K and this will result in around 2-2.5K discount.
Just get the normal service done, don't get anything extra like ac disinfectant, interior dry cleaning, underbody rust protection coating, and get the wheel alignment done from outside. For scratches and paint we have insurance. I'm sure your bill will be below the package price
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 17:59   #6546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
So, VW finally announced exit of DSG from Indian Polo TSI. 1.2 TSI (4 cylinder) will be replaced with 1.0 TSI (3 cylinder). Don't know if this is good news for the hot hatch or start of a slow death.
Let's drive the 1.0 TSI first. It's been said improves emissions and provides a better fuel economy without compromising performance which is good for the environment. It's been well received in European markets. GT trim will get the highest tune of 115PS which is 10 PS higher than the 1.2TSI and may get manual as well. the lower trims of polo may get an 85PS tune of the same engine which can be remapped later as well I guess.
gasinveins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 20:27   #6547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasinveins View Post
Let's drive the 1.0 TSI first. It's been said improves emissions and provides a better fuel economy without compromising performance which is good for the environment. It's been well received in European markets. GT trim will get the highest tune of 115PS which is 10 PS higher than the 1.2TSI and may get manual as well. the lower trims of polo may get an 85PS tune of the same engine which can be remapped later as well I guess.

I am sure 3 cylinder engine may be refined. But what about moving away from DSG to a torque converter automatic gearbox? As per VW they will only include DSG on premium VW offering.

Nevertheless, I am happy to own a real hot hatch, conventional torque can never give refinement that DSG can.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 05:36   #6548
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure 3 cylinder engine may be refined. But what about moving away from DSG to a torque converter automatic gearbox? As per VW they will only include DSG on premium VW offering.

Nevertheless, I am happy to own a real hot hatch, conventional torque can never give refinement that DSG can.
But using a torque converter unit will reduce the costs and the reliability issues, the two big things going against a very good car. Recently the dct variant of the kia seltos are facing issues as well, ford has also ditched the dct gearbox in their cars, so i think volkswagen is trying to give us a more reliable product at maybe a lesser price
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 09:11   #6549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
But using a torque converter unit will reduce the costs and the reliability issues, the two big things going against a very good car. Recently the dct variant of the kia seltos are facing issues as well, ford has also ditched the dct gearbox in their cars, so i think volkswagen is trying to give us a more reliable product at maybe a lesser price

Then why VW will offer it only on "premium" cars (please see VW press release)? I used DSG on my A6 for almost 6 years with zero issues. Having said that, yes DQ200 on Polo had issues initially but it seems all sorted out since last 18 months.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 14:05   #6550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Then why VW will offer it only on "premium" cars (please see VW press release)? I used DSG on my A6 for almost 6 years with zero issues. Having said that, yes DQ200 on Polo had issues initially but it seems all sorted out since last 18 months.
You are painting all DSGs with the same brush. The dry clutch DSGs used in the less premium VWs till now (barring the Octavia and Superb 1.8 TSI) was always a dry clutch unit which is the one prone to failures. On the other hand, all the expensive VAG group cars especially the diesels and the petrols making over 250NM torque use a much more reliable wet clutch setup less prone to overheating in traffic, premature clutch wear outs and even mechatronics failures. This is the reason why the DSG on 2.0 TDIs almost never packs up at any time. Wet clutch GBs are a lot more expensive too and thus cannot be used on cheaper VAG cars either.

As for failure rates, who said that they have been completely eliminated? I would surely not say this. Wait for a considerable number of these to clock 1L km+. The sample size on team BHP is small, yet we have heard of the DSG packing up a considerable number of times (the latest one being an Octavia 1.8 TSI). Imagine the number of unreported cases. I am not saying the GB is incapable or badly engineered. Its just that its not suited to our conditions. VW can't re-engineer it, and Indian driving conditions won't change. IMO, its best to lay the DQ200 to rest and get a torque converter in such a case (though it will never match a DSG in terms of shift times due to obvious reasons)

Last edited by vishy76 : 13th February 2020 at 14:06.
vishy76 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 14:37   #6551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasinveins View Post
Correct. The torque is also up at 200Nm if specs announced for the Rapid are anything to go by - the current 1.2 TSI makes 175Nm. To me what makes it more attractive is the possibility of getting it with a manual gearbox. That would be sweet.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 21:28   #6552
BHPian

Quote:

We get a manual and TSI combo. That looks more attractive to me than a DSG here which also increases the reliability. I would still love the DSG in a top trim at the least. Pretty sure they will bring the DSG TSI combo a little later with New-gen polo in MQB A0 IN platform(maybe)
Old 4th March 2020, 18:48   #6553
BHPian

I love the 1.2 gt tsi and I am unsure whether to go ahead and book the car before they pull the plug on it or wait for the 3 cylinder with TC. Any suggestions?
Old 4th March 2020, 20:48   #6554
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen launches the GT TSI in MT and AT( Torque Converter) variants. DSG variant is axed.

Producing 110hp and 175Nm of peak torque, the turbo-petrol engine can be had with either the new 6-speed manual or the new 6-speed torque convertor automatic transmission.

Link (VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT)

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th March 2020 at 20:51.
Old 4th March 2020, 23:49   #6555
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Need some help. I had posted a similar query in the Vento thread but didn't get any response. I own a Vento HL plus TSI model and installed the auto headlamp switch.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3285...756f4c4dwbX0Uh

I tried to follow the instructions as given in the listing and the manual (attached) but was unable to get the coming/leaving home functionality working. Can anyone please help with the same?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LETO Volkswagen automatic headlight manual.pdf (3.52 MB, 2904 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks