Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2020, 12:07   #6586
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I can imagine how that would feel with a 1.8 Tsi . Should be brutal.
We are gravely OT here :-)
Frankly, at <60 km/hr speeds, kicking down unsettles even the competent Octavia chassis with my OEM size (205/55/16) P3ST tyres. Worse if on a bend (torque steer) or on gravelly roads. TCS activates and generally throws the Mr. Hyde perception out of the window.

Not complaining though . As Uncle Ben succinctly put it in Spiderman: 'with great power comes great responsibility'.

BTW, where are the TD cars for the new Polo & Vento TSIs. Amazing that they are yet to reach BLR at least.

Last edited by itwasntme : 19th May 2020 at 12:14.
Old 19th May 2020, 12:14   #6587
BHPian

Quote:
There is a way to do a quick downshift. Just snap down the accelerator pedal when you want to overtake and see how the gearbox shifts a couple of gears and surges ahead!

This is applicable in D mode. In sports mode, the gearbox is quite responsive in downshifts.
Thanks! Not sure I understand what "snap down" is. I thought a full kickdown is the standard way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
There's a kickdown button at the last stage of the pedal movement. Most drivers do not even reach it and it unleashes a wave of power. Just remember to hold the steering firmly before .... This experience is from my Octavia 1.8 TSI.
Yes, I did do it. Just that it doesn't seem to respond instantly, but takes a few milliseconds more than what expected. Let me it try again, though. I might have missed something. But obviously, you can't compare the response of the 1.8 with the puny 1.2
Old 19th May 2020, 12:41   #6588
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Thanks! Not sure I understand what "snap down" is. I thought a full kickdown is the standard way?
It is the speed with which you increase throttle input. Instead of slowly pushing the pedal (even all the way down to floor), do a quick jab of the pedal - literally kicking it.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 20:54   #6589
Senior - BHPian

I have the third annual service for my Polo GT tomorrow. I am trying to find what all needs to be done at this service. I have looked in the Service Schedule manual and the Owners Manual but could not find a list of things to be done.

Does VW not provide the Mileage / Duration type chart for the maintenance activities?

I have seen this chart in most Maruti and Honda manuals.

Do let me know in case such a Periodic Maintenance Chart is available anywhere.
Old 20th May 2020, 22:24   #6590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I have the third annual service for my Polo GT tomorrow. I am trying to find what all needs to be done at this service. I have looked in the Service Schedule manual and the Owners Manual but could not find a list of things to be done.

Does VW not provide the Mileage / Duration type chart for the maintenance activities?

I have seen this chart in most Maruti and Honda manuals.

Do let me know in case such a Periodic Maintenance Chart is available anywhere.
This is the VW maintenance schedule. I think this has been removed from the new website.

Edit: Have added a more comprehensive one.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-vw-maintenance-schedule.jpg  

Last edited by drpudhi : 20th May 2020 at 22:31.
drpudhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 22:26   #6591
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much. This clears the confusion.
Old 23rd May 2020, 00:57   #6592
Senior - BHPian

I got the 3rd annual service of my Polo GT at PPS motors Nagwara, Bangalore yesterday. It was refreshing change after the horrible service done a year ago at Apple Auto Whitefield.

There is Service Value Package offered by VW for around 11K that covers all the basic essentials of the service. Includes all filters, oil change, wheel balancing and alignment.

Brake oil replacement was also done as part of the 3rd service.

There is some sort of spray that is done on the whole car and that is charged extra at Rs. 800. Apparently it's a disinfectant for the Corona Virus.

The service quality was good and they fixed the alignment issue that Apple Auto created last year. They area is sufficiently big and the workers seemed to be well trained and disciplined. My total bill was about 14k as I had some additional minor work also done. Overall the best service experience at a VW dealer so far. I can immediately see improvement in mileage and the car runs much smoother and the steering is straight as an arrow.
Old 13th June 2020, 21:26   #6593

Hi all!

Just bought a pre owned polo gt tsi today. Feb 2017 model. Loved it on sight, with the immaculate white paint, black roof, and tan leather interior...

Just finished the paperwork and brought it home.
Driven 30k. Corporate owned.

Happy to be a part of the gt tsi owners club on tbhp
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20200613_174313.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20200613_192724.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20200613_174344.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20200613_174403.jpg  

Vikram Adani is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 00:35   #6594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Adani View Post
Hi all!

Just bought a pre owned polo gt tsi today. Feb 2017 model. Loved it on sight, with the immaculate white paint, black roof, and tan leather interior...

Just finished the paperwork and brought it home.
Driven 30k. Corporate owned.

Happy to be a part of the gt tsi owners club on tbhp
Congratulations!
Fantastic purchase, the car looks in top shape inside out. That tan leather upholstery makes the interior look so sporty.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think about the used car market during these times (since you have made a purchase). Were you able to get a much sweeter deal?
Old 14th June 2020, 08:52   #6595

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir333 View Post
Congratulations!
Fantastic purchase, the car looks in top shape inside out. That tan leather upholstery makes the interior look so sporty.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think about the used car market during these times (since you have made a purchase). Were you able to get a much sweeter deal?

Thanks a million

I also loved the interior color which caused me to over pay the dealer to close haha.

I was surprised by the used car prices which in my humble opinion seem a big higher than pre lockdown. Last week I tried with two dealers to negotiate on similar mileage 25-30k cars but they managed to get their full asking price and I lost out on the purchases as I had offered 50k less than their asking price. One was sold for 7! So yest I was glad to negotiate 6.8 where I found the condition much better and also preferred the color and new seat covers, Corporate owned car etc...
Vikram Adani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 08:23   #6596

Further to my above thread, This Feb 2017 car seems to have the mcd330 (dealer is still to send me the manual etc so only Checked online to see). Was wondering what is the cheapest solution to get android auto on the screen....

My phone does not support mirrorlink...

Thanks in advance...
Old 16th June 2020, 08:46   #6597
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Adani View Post
Further to my above thread, This Feb 2017 car seems to have the mcd330 (dealer is still to send me the manual etc so only Checked online to see). Was wondering what is the cheapest solution to get android auto on the screen....

My phone does not support mirrorlink...

Thanks in advance...
I got the OE RCD340 installed in my GT a couple of weeks back. Earlier, it was costing 45K. Recently, the price was dropped to 26K (including installation) and immediately got it installed.

Check with your dealer if they have this offer on the RCD340. That is a very good upgrade to get Android Auto and CarPlay.
graaja is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 10:42   #6598

Quote:
I got the OE RCD340 installed in my GT a couple of weeks back. Earlier, it was costing 45K. Recently, the price was dropped to 26K (including installation) and immediately got it installed.

Check with your dealer if they have this offer on the RCD340. That is a very good upgrade to get Android Auto and CarPlay.
hey thanks a lot. yes this seems like a great option....
Vikram Adani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 10:50   #6599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for this update. What happens to the OE System. They take it in exchange or you get to keep it.

Also which dealer did you get the new unit from.
Old 16th June 2020, 11:53   #6600
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Thanks for this update. What happens to the OE System. They take it in exchange or you get to keep it.

Also which dealer did you get the new unit from.
You get to keep the existing unit. They don’t exchange. I think you could dispose it off through TBHP classifieds or some other platform.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks