Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2019, 00:50   #6466
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron999 View Post
Okay. Mine is under warranty as well. We could possibly plan to visit the workshop together. Might help in getting more attention, and hopefully a speedier resolution this way.

Talking about the paint shop, I had a terrible experience with VW Noida as well. They charged a whopping 8k for painting the rear right side door, and quarter panel, and weren't able to match the original colour (Lapiz Blue).
I was lucky to have found an incredibly competent paint shop in Chattarpur, who brought it back to the original colour. Now one can't make out anything was ever done to the car.

I'll be happy to share the details in case someone needs it.
Sounds good to me. I'll PM you. Although my inclination is to visit Mathura Road because they have already diagnosed the issue for me.

Do post the paint shop details in the T-BHP directory.
Old 1st December 2019, 10:30   #6467
BHPian

Hey everyone.

I had gone on a mini road trip from Ludhiana to New Delhi and both my ORVM seemed to have gone kaput.

I can only fold them completely from the controller Knob.

If I wish to adjust them, nothing happens on moving the control Knob!

This seems very random as I haven't read of such a case here on the forum.

Best I wait for servicing to address situation?

Thanks

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd December 2019 at 15:30. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 1st December 2019, 11:01   #6468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phro View Post
Hey everyone.

I had gone on a mini road trip from Ludhiana to New Delhi and both my ORVM seemed to have gone kaput.
I can only fold them completely from the controller Knob.
If I wish to adjust them, nothing happens on moving the control Knob!
This seems very random as I haven't read of such a case here on the forum.
Best I wait for servicing to address situation?
Thanks
It is probably the knob gone bad or disoriented, if it is a knob based system try giving the knob 3 or 4 360 degree turns clockwise and see if that sorts the issue.
Old 1st December 2019, 19:04   #6469
BHPian

I use the GT for touring, and would love to hear what the experts can suggest for better shock absorbers from a different manufacturer, the current OEM one's are crap. I've already changed the left shock once at 18000km as it had leaked during one of my trips. I do not have the budget for Bilsteins or an expensive swap. Are Sachs shock absorbers a good buy?
Old 1st December 2019, 20:37   #6470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
I use the GT for touring, and would love to hear what the experts can suggest for better shock absorbers from a different manufacturer, the current OEM one's are crap. I've already changed the left shock once at 18000km as it had leaked during one of my trips. I do not have the budget for Bilsteins or an expensive swap. Are Sachs shock absorbers a good buy?
Sachs is a really good option. It's about 70% of the Bilstein B6 at half the price.

You could also consider Bilstein B4 - again half the price of the B6 and great for touring.

If you can't find it locally, you can try TDC Automotive, but then you will have to deal with customs and shipping.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 21:39   #6471
BHPian

In the Polo GT TSI or any other DSG like Vento and Ameo, there is no engine braking when it is driven in D/S mode? Engine braking only when it is put in Manual mode?

Asking because our brilliant roads of Mumbai, need engine braking and there is a lot of pressure on the brakes.
Old 1st December 2019, 22:09   #6472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
In the Polo GT TSI or any other DSG like Vento and Ameo, there is no engine braking when it is driven in D/S mode? Engine braking only when it is put in Manual mode?

Asking because our brilliant roads of Mumbai, need engine braking and there is a lot of pressure on the brakes.
Usually I use only the manual mode for engine braking (typically when going downhill on ghats) in my DSG Vento.

I haven't used the S mode as such, but theoretically it could have the same effect since the revs will be higher in this mode than usual when downshifting, which is a characteristic of engine braking.

However, if one happens to use S mode, then it will be advisable to use some rev-matching (using acceleration to increase the engine speed as far as possible in line to match revs) so as to reduce any impact on the transmission system. This matching will also reduce the jolt, typically associated with steep downshifting.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd December 2019 at 17:33. Reason: Minor spacing
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 22:19   #6473
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is engine braking almost always in any mode. Though in D normally the car is in a higher gear, hence not very strong braking, but always noticeable.

Dont worry about brakes too much, they are not good anyways.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 22:22   #6474
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Not enough to solve the purpose. D will usually upshift to the highest gear possible in any scenario, S holds revs longer but then can get really annoying and jerky in traffic (dangerous too in B2B traffic). You'll need to mash the throttle to cause aggressive downshifts, again not pleasant at low speeds.

Your best bet is manual mode if you want more control without using brakes a lot.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:52   #6475
BHPian

Repeating my request as last time experts seem to have missed it. Can you please advice me to headlamp bulb upgrade. The current bulbs are not good enough for night drive. Please also share upgrades on fog lamps.

There are some LED upgrades also available in aftermarket though I am not sure how good they are. Any experience with them will also help. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd December 2019, 14:45   #6476
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Repeating my request as last time experts seem to have missed it. Can you please advice me to headlamp bulb upgrade. The current bulbs are not good enough for night drive. Please also share upgrades on fog lamps.

There are some LED upgrades also available in aftermarket though I am not sure how good they are. Any experience with them will also help. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, there is no simple solution to this. From my experience, these are the options available to us:

Option 1: Retro fitting projectors with xenon bulbs - I haven't seen a single clean retro-fit job, and you run the risk of sabotaging your existing headlight domes while executing the project.

Option 2: OEM 6R GTI headlights with projectors and xenon bulbs - expensive to procure, and will work well only with BCM Max.

Option 3: OEM 6C GTI headlights - expensive and not as effective as it ought to be despite costing 1 lakh.

Option 4: Aftermarket headlights - cheaper than original headlights but reliability is a big question mark, and they don't age well.

Option 5: Swapping stock bulbs with Xenon/LED bulbs - doable, but not the best solution as the standard reflector lenses are not designed to utilise xenon/LED bulbs. May result in scattering of the beam.

Option 6: Replacement halogen bulbs that offer better brightness but at the cost of bulb life. You will find links to these bulbs about 10-15 pages prior to this one.
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 14:53   #6477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Unfortunately, there is no simple solution to this. From my experience, these are the options available to us:

Option 6: Replacement halogen bulbs that offer better brightness but at the cost of bulb life. You will find links to these bulbs about 10-15 pages prior to this one.
Thank you so much for your revert. I am also looking for option-6. Don't want to fiddle with OEM specs and create warranty issues later. Thanks again.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd December 2019 at 15:17. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
rishi_kapoor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 00:17   #6478
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for your revert. I am also looking for option-6. Don't want to fiddle with OEM specs and create warranty issues later. Thanks again.
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20191203wa0002.jpg

L to R: Low beam, High beam, Fog lamps.

Sources:
Philips - PowerBulbs
Osram - eBay

Disclaimer: I am waiting to install these, and currently do not have feedback to share.
TheLizardKing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 01:32   #6479
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Rishi , you can try retrorides mg road Delhi. They did a real good job with Morimoto HID and projector setup for my Polo GT.Still going strong after 5 years and way better than stock.

That's your option 1. And it works !

Last edited by JishD : 3rd December 2019 at 01:33.
Old 3rd December 2019, 09:02   #6480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post

L to R: Low beam, High beam, Fog lamps.

Sources:
Philips - PowerBulbs
Osram - eBay

Disclaimer: I am waiting to install these, and currently do not have feedback to share.

Thank you so much. This is the option I am also leaning towards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Hi Rishi , you can try retrorides mg road Delhi. They did a real good job with Morimoto HID and projector setup for my Polo GT.Still going strong after 5 years and way better than stock.

That's your option 1. And it works !

Thank you. Can you DM me the price you paid and also contact details if you have? Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks