Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2019, 10:15   #6316
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
What about using araldite not all the way around but like at the corners only, so that it would be easy to remove as well if needed.
The panel is rather easy to pry open with your hand. All it takes is for one screw to come out.
Old 27th September 2019, 10:56   #6317
blr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb View Post
My polo gt lights visibility on high beam is pathetic. Planning to upgrade the lights.Any idea on what is the best set up to do without much retro fitting ? Any help is appreciated
These are what I am using on my GT TSi. Much better visibility than the original bulbs. All my friends do comment on how good the visibility is with these bulbs.

Power Bulbs have very good customer service. One of the bulbs was dislodged in the packing and the tip broken off when I received them, but the replaced it free of cost immediately. Highly recommend them.

Low Beam (Mostly drive with low beam. This bulb has longer life compared to the one below): Philips X-treme Vision +130% H7 (Twin Pack)

High Beam (Don't use them as much as the low beam ones. Brighter, but shorter life): Philips RacingVision H7 (Twin)

Fog: OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited H8 (Twin)

Hope this helps.
blr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 16:06   #6318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post
These are what I am using on my GT TSi. Much better visibility than the original bulbs. All my friends do comment on how good the visibility is with these bulbs.
Thanks a lot for the links. One thing i noticed is that both your high beam and low beam are 55W. Hope you have not had any issues with the service guys so far. Also are similar bulbs not available locally?
Old 27th September 2019, 21:47   #6319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Thanks a lot for the links. One thing i noticed is that both your high beam and low beam are 55W. Hope you have not had any issues with the service guys so far. Also are similar bulbs not available locally?
If I'm not wrong, the stock setup is 55W H7 for low, and high beams each.
Don't see how changing the bulbs would be a problem, as long as the wattage is same as stock.
I've used https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B06...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in the past on my Yamaha R3, and they were amazing too. They should be similar to the Philips xtreme vision +130 mentioned in the previous post.

On a different note -

Volkswagen has really gone sloppy with their website content :

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-screenshot-20190927-21.34.07.png

The same way they want us to believe that the facelift is a NEW Polo, it seems the rear mirror control can help us have a comfortable journey, whatever the temperature, and the rear AC vents can help us adjusting the mirrors from the comfort of our seats

Nevertheless, they've listed the AC vent as an accessory. Has anyone installed it on their GT ? Can it be done?
veyron999 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 11:20   #6320
BHPian

Months of cross-shopping between the segments. Cars right from the Grand i10 to the Kia Seltos, every other car was evaluated (because the budget for this new car was 20L) but our only pre-requisite which couldn't be compromised was a Hatch+AT combo (family was adamant on this because it was strictly meant for city and my grandpa was at ease with the hatches).

I was so missing the GTI at this moment. But we had to close on a car soon as Bruno wasn't anymore with us (a 2010 Ford Figo in Diamond White) and the Honda Jazz fit the bill correctly. Family wanted space, refinement, decent features which the car offered. A couple of TDs later, the Jazz was booked, part payment was done and the delivery was scheduled for Dusshera. Trim chosen was VX CVT in Radiant Red. Final OTR was working out to 9.99L after discount.

I was happy that a decision was made and I was indeed very happy about the decision. But somewhere down the memory lane, flashes from the past striked my mind and I knew the Jazz wouldn't be as fun to drive as my Bruno was. But we had no other option. I was looking at a practical purchase this time. The head started winning over the heart and heart gave way. The Paddle Shifters in the Jazz gave some boost to the otherwise dead heart

Somehow, my uncle wasn't too satisfied with the Jazz but since no other car was fitting the bill (i20 was outright rejected after having a look because no one in the family likes it). It was only my dad who was sort-of happy with this decision and I just about managed to act as if I was happy.

The Drive which made the heart win over the head : While the Jazz was sitting in the dealership yard (delivery was scheduled for Dusshera), I accompanied a friend of mine to the VW dealership here in Hyderabad for the delivery of his new Volkswagen Polo GT TSI Facelift in Flash Red. Since his family wasn't interested in accompanying for the delivery, he called me over. Also for the fact that he was a newbie driver with almost zero experience, he wanted me to take the wheel after delivery. A drive from the dealership to his place (was roughly a ~ 25-Kilometer drive) in mixed conditions, I just fell in love with the Polo. I knew it didn't have much space on offer and it wasn't all that reliable (the DQ200 mechatronic unit packing up and all). But the heart was screaming out aloud "GT GT GT" but the head still held a prominent place in this decision and Jazz was it till the night of 24th September 2019.

Dad was on his 10-day Himalayan trek and he was away from all the mess that happened in his absence. On the night of 24th, me, uncle and grandpa were at my uncle's place discussing about the Jazz. While the Jazz talk was happening, I just told him about my experience from the GT drive which happened about a couple of days ago. He was like, "Why did we rule it out without having a look at it?". I'm like it's just not the right car for us. Space is just about adequate. Ladies at home feel claustrophobic in it and I put forward the main culprit, the DSG. He was like, "Get me a TD car tomorrow. Let's do a TD first and then talk about all this". Somewhere deep in the heart, I could sense the homecoming of the GT.

Next day, called up the nearest VW Dealership to my place (VW Secunderabad - PPS Motors in my case) and asked them for a Test Drive. They obliged and arrived at my doorstep in less than 10-mins after the call was done. SA walks upto me, we shake hands and I soon jumped into the Driver's seat. We get moving and soon after that I hit the NH44 stretch close to my place, switch the car into Sport Mode and I was grinning like an idiot. Then I soon gathered myself and started driving in Drive Mode. Next up, reached uncle's place and he took the wheel over. The same thing happened and he was grinning like an idiot too

Since my grandpa was the primary driver (me followed by him), we gave him the wheel and he started grinning like we did. A decision was made, heart suddenly took over the head by a storm and we didn't realise. After the TD I asked my uncle, "Abhi kya?". His reply was, "Aur kya, GT TSI lenge. Baat khatam". I was excited. But the only worry was the space. Next up, got the ladies to test the rear seat. They didn't Complain much as they were short and with uncle and me in the front seats (uncle is 6'3" and I'm 5'11") they were okay with the space. They were loving the adjustable headrests which the Jazz didn't have. They did complain about the lack of the sense of airiness, but it was a go-ahead signal from them.

The car was booked on the same day itself. As they say, "Shubh kaam main dheri kaisi" and I didn't want to delay any further. But the car would take time to arrive (car currently has a 45-day waiting period). We didn't want to wait for that long and we were stern on getting a car by the 8th of October. Asked the SA about this and he told that Candy White and Flash Red are available for immediate delivery if we wanted to. Both were facelifts. 2019 September make. But apparently, both those car owners (who had blocked them by booking) weren't paying up to the dealer to acquire them. So I offered to pay full money immediately subject to availability (it is a direct purchase with no loan and all). An hour later, he said that White can be picked up on 8th if I wanted to. I was excited. Regarding the colour, I was actually interested in Sunset Red or Lapiz Blue but the wait! I couldn't wait any longer. White looked great on the facelift and I now actually like White more than anything else. Sober and understated. Just the way we prefer.

Next up, the price. The car was costing close to 12L on road (11.8L to be precise). It was indeed a bit pricey but was much inside our budget. But the baniya in me woke up to life. I offered him immediate money, yet he didn't give any discount. One hour of hardcore negotiations, managed to get down the final price to Rs.11.35 Lacs along with a few freebies worth about 15k (of which the Nil Dip add-on itself was worth 8k). Not bad a deal afterall, considering it's a facelift and the GT never gets any discounts in general. Later in the day, uncle called me up saying he wanted the armrest too. So asked the SA for the same. Since I didn't want to give away all the 6k for it, I asked him if he could throw it in as a freebie. After negotiating for about 10-mins, he offers me 50% discount on the price of the armrest. Not bad a deal, again. Agreed to pay for it and that was it.

Candy White was it. Next day, visited the bank to do a RTGS transfer and that was done in a jiffy. SA billed the car on my name and I also asked him to go ahead for the Temporary registration the same day after my PDI was done. Soon after that, rushed to the nearest RTO to get the registration transfer done. The new car would be registered on grandpa's name and currently, Nano was on his name. So the Nano was transferred to my name so the GT can be registered on his name. All this was done to save on 2% of the roadtax (~ 15,000 rupees).

Soon after that, we rushed to the dealership (which was hardly 300m from the RTO office) and there she was! Waiting for me in the cellar. Asked the SA to pull her out of the cellar so I can do the PDI in light. Half an hour and a detailed PDI later, the results were out. She cleared the PDI with flying colours. Asked the SA to proceed with the Temporary registration and the car was ours. Yet to give her a name though. Suggestions for the same are welcome!

Delivery is scheduled for Dusshera and I'm sleepless every night thinking about her. Will upload the PDI pics later as I'm a bit too lazy to resize the images for the upload now :P

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th September 2019 at 23:16. Reason: As requested
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 12:12   #6321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Delivery is scheduled for Dusshera and I'm sleepless every night thinking about her.
Many congratulations!
I'm yet to come across any reviews on the mandatory speed alerts at 80kph and 120kph on the Polo/GT.
Did you happen to cross 80? Any views on how annoying (or not) the sound is ?
veyron999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 12:55   #6322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron999 View Post
Many congratulations!
I'm yet to come across any reviews on the mandatory speed alerts at 80kph and 120kph on the Polo/GT.
Did you happen to cross 80? Any views on how annoying (or not) the sound is ?
Thanks a ton . Regarding the speed limit buzzer, the TD car was MY2017 unfortunately. But I did touch my friend's facelift Polo till 80-kmph but I didn't find any beep though. Not sure on this front.

Will be able to comment once I drive my very own car.
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 13:16   #6323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Delivery is scheduled for Dusshera and I'm sleepless every night thinking about her. Will upload the PDI pics later as I'm a bit too lazy to resize the images for the upload now :P
Congratulations! It was a pleasure reading your buying story
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 14:32   #6324
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton . Regarding the speed limit buzzer, the TD car was MY2017 unfortunately. But I did touch my friend's facelift Polo till 80-kmph but I didn't find any beep though. Not sure on this front.

Will be able to comment once I drive my very own car.
The 'facelift' polo has speed limit buzzer and seat belt alarm as well. (As mentioned in their website)

The honeycomb grill really looks good but too harsh on GTI owners who have bought nearly same looking car at double the price.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 29th September 2019 at 14:45.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 14:37   #6325
BHPian

Quote:
After the TD I asked my uncle, "Abhi kya?". His reply was, "Aur kya, GT TSI lenge. Baat khatam".
"She's old, long in the tooth ", they said. One test drive changes everything! Wishing you unlimited safe and enjoyable miles!
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 17:39   #6326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
The 'facelift' polo has speed limit buzzer and seat belt alarm as well. (As mentioned in their website)

The honeycomb grill really looks good but too harsh on GTI owners who have bought nearly same looking car at double the price.

I know the facelift comes with a speed limit buzzer. But once I did touch 80 in the facelift but didn't give me a beep. It could be that the speed was less than 80 by a kilometre or two. It's hard to make out that teeny-weeny bit of difference on the analogue display. Will use the LCD Display and check for the buzzer once the car comes home.

Indeed, the grill and the bumper look good but I also feel sorry for the GTI owners and I for one, didn't want my car to be a wannabe GTI but VW did it for me. But the car looks smart nevertheless
Old 29th September 2019, 19:37   #6327
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

The chime is there at 80kph. It is mild but you will notice it every time. Mine is a June 2019 model. At 120kph the same chime goes nonstop. With music you will not notice it.
Cayman360 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 11:10   #6328
BHPian

Hey Guys, what are the discounts running on Polo GT TSi currently?
Old 30th September 2019, 13:21   #6329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
None as of now. But if you insist, you could probably knock down upto 35k on other unimportant bits (handling charges and couple of other particulars). GT TSI never gets any discounts. Even at the end of the year you're looking at 40k max. Usual Polo TDI and MPI have huge discounts on offer.

You could eventually get the car for 11.3L OTR Hyd post discount.
Old 30th September 2019, 13:46   #6330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Bread and Butter of VW India so expect minimum discounts on it. However, few 2018 and 2019 pre facelift models available with dealers. For these cars, they are offering a maximum of 40K discount.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks