Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 14:39   #7066
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonMike View Post
Hi guys

Has anyone had any experience with the Sachs shock absorbers for the Polo? Apparently these are the ones that come OEM fitted in the European Polos, and are said to feel more robust and more stable during cornering compared to the stock ones we get here.
I've been on the look out for a few set of shocks now since I feel like my car seems to feel like it's 'crashing' over sharp bumps.
I have had some experience with these dampers.

I highly recommend them, even more than Bilstein's B4 or B6. They are somewhere in between B4 and B6 I would say. The ride becomes firm but the damping is on-point. Expect the ride height to get jacked up by an inch or so. If that does not bother you, these are in my opinion the best dampers for the car.

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th February 2023 at 15:56. Reason: minor edit.
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 15:39   #7067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

I highly recommend them...
Where can they be bought in India?

Saw Sachs shock absorbers on Boodmo sometimes ago, IIRC priced at around 3-4K per piece, are they genuine?
Old 14th February 2023, 16:05   #7068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

I highly recommend them, even more than Bilstein's B4 or B6. They are somewhere in between B4 and B6 I would say. The ride becomes firm but the damping is on-point. Expect the ride height to get jacked up by an inch or so. If that does not bother you, these are in my opinion the best dampers for the car.
Thank you for your input!
Does this absorb sharp bumps and speed breakers better than the stocks? I'm honestly getting a little tired with the stock setup now, and almost dreading going over bumps and potholes now because they seem to rattle my bones a bit too much.
Old 16th February 2023, 16:16   #7069
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Where can they be bought in India?

Saw Sachs shock absorbers on Boodmo sometimes ago, IIRC priced at around 3-4K per piece, are they genuine?
Avoid Boodmo as it is just an aggregator. You may use it for cosmetic items but critical mechanical components are best sourced from a reputed garage.

Do check any reputed workshop that offers tuning services and aftermarket parts. There are several in each major city in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonMike View Post
Thank you for your input!
Does this absorb sharp bumps and speed breakers better than the stocks? I'm honestly getting a little tired with the stock setup now, and almost dreading going over bumps and potholes now because they seem to rattle my bones a bit too much.
It does a better job of absorbing the speed breakers and sharp bumps, and overall damping capabilities are far greater than the stock shocks, but you may also experience slightly sharper re-bound at lower city-speeds. On the highway and open road, it absolutely smothers all the ruts and undulations.

Check other suspension components like the tie-rods, ball joints and all bushes as well, as they tend to go bad a bit quickly on the heavily localized versions of the Polo (post 2014).
suhaas307 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 19:57   #7070
BHPian

There is an intermittent, not so faint yet not so loud 'kat kat' noise coming from the engine when the car is in idle (irrespective of P,R,N,D) and in slow speeds. It goes away when accelerated and everything is quiet and fine in normal speeds. The gear shifts are smooth and there are no warning lights. No sound as well when started from a hill or under load or when steering is turned. Does anyone have any idea what am I looking at?
Old 6th March 2023, 23:27   #7071
BHPian

Hey guys,

What is the best way to get rid of sharp rattling sounds from the dashboard? I sounds like it's coming from the main center console where the AC/HU is located, and it does tend to get annoying after a point in time.

Has anyone else faced a similar issue such as this?
Old 10th March 2023, 12:39   #7072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
A question, wondering if anyone has faced this before:

My Polo seems to have a problem with charging the battery. Recently put in a new Amaron battery, however within a week or 2 used to get the notification on the media unit saying the battery is low. Also the lights would occasionally flicker when using the AC/wipers or putting a load on the electrical circuit. Then eventually the battery went completely flat and I was not able to start the car.

Today, I used a powerbank jumpstarter, and it started immediately. However after driving around for almost an hour, came home parked the car, and tried to use it again 15 mins later and it was completely dead again, not even enough juice for the car to unlock using the fob.

So I am thinking the alternator probably has some problem? Don't think it is the battery as it is not more than a few months old.

Wondering if anyone has faced a similar problem and/or replaced the alternator, and how much this would cost?
Having the same issue on a friend's GT TSi. Any solutions on this issue. He has an non-VW fitted Exide Battery which we got changed under warranty. Any inputs will be very helpful. Offcourse VW After sales say everything is fine - no issues at all.
Old 10th March 2023, 12:42   #7073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinVirage View Post
Having the same issue on a friend's GT TSi. Any solutions on this issue. He has an non-VW fitted Exide Battery which we got changed under warranty. Any inputs will be very helpful. Offcourse VW After sales say everything is fine - no issues at all.
In my case it was just that the terminals connecting to the battery were loose. So after a bit of driving around they weren’t making contact and hence no crank. Check the connectors first and also the battery voltage at crank to see if it is an issue with the battery. If not then assuming the battery is not charging hence next point of investigation would be the alternator I think.
s4ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 18:29   #7074
BHPian

When I press the brake pedal of my Polo 1.2 TSI, to start the car after around 24 hours of halt, the brake pedal is hard.

Once it starts, the pedal as well as braking are perfectly fine. The pedal is also fine on switch off and start in the same day. The fluid levels are also all fine.

Looks like some loss of suction overnight (for lack of a better word). This started happening recently. Any suggestions on the diagnosis, and whether it's an issue at all? Thanks!

Last edited by PearlJam : 10th March 2023 at 18:36.
Old 11th March 2023, 02:03   #7075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
When I press the brake pedal of my Polo 1.2 TSI, to start the car after around 24 hours of halt, the brake pedal is hard.

Once it starts, the pedal as well as braking are perfectly fine. The pedal is also fine on switch off and start in the same day. The fluid levels are also all fine.

Looks like some loss of suction overnight (for lack of a better word). This started happening recently. Any suggestions on the diagnosis, and whether it's an issue at all? Thanks!
I don't think this is an issue. I think this happens when you press the break pedal after putting the car in 'P'. If you press the pedal again it feels hard to the touch with little to no travel. When you shift to 'D' the pedal releases again.
PrisonMike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 23:13   #7076

Does anyone know from where to source steering wheel with paddle shifters?
Old 22nd March 2023, 10:59   #7077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I plan to put it for sale in March. Haven't tried getting it evaluated at the moment.
Eagerly awaiting update.

That will give decent clue to other owners too.
Old 22nd March 2023, 11:08   #7078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
Eagerly awaiting update.

That will give decent clue to other owners too.
The car was sold in the first week of March for 8.1 L to a used car dealer. It was pristine condition 2017 model , Flash Red GT TSI with extended warranty still available and had run 20k only.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 21:48   #7079
Senior - BHPian

I now see as to why Polo is hot favorite for everyone, even today see how the N line struggles to keep up with the legendary Polo GT!

If you've a Polo, don't let go off that beauty

Credits: PowerDrift Youtube
gururajrv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 02:35   #7080

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron999 View Post
strong vibration when the engine RPMs are in between 3000-3500. The vibration dies down after that. There are more posts on similar vibrations, but haven't found anything conclusive yet.

I noticed that this is there on a lot of cars, but in varying degrees. Mine being on the higher side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron999 View Post

The vibration at 3-3.5k seems to be there in most of the cars, but more pronounced in some cases.
Last week I went to the svc again, and got this checked yet again. One of the technicians took a long screw driver, and held one end against the non-rotating parts of different bearings, and the other part against his ear, while the engine was running. He then realised that the tensioner bearing had a significant vibration emanating out of it

Have you probed further on this issue? I have a 2019 GT TSi with the same vibrations. VW denies anything wrong with the car. The tensioner bearing you linked seems to be fine on my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks