Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2023, 23:29   #7156
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Head View Post
Yes , the cushioning of the car improves dramatcally as the sidewall height increases the tyre gets to flex more
Yes, I can personally attest to that having switched from 188/55/15 to 205/55/16. Massive difference in drive quality.
Old 23rd August 2023, 06:31   #7157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonMike View Post
Yes, I can personally attest to that having switched from 188/55/15 to 205/55/16. Massive difference in drive quality.
The expense of changing from 15" rims to 16" is definitely worth it , otherwise depending on availabilty & price you could have upsized to an higher 15" size like 195/60R15 which would have been fairly comfortable at a lower payout. Also not sure if you are noticing a change in your odo & speedo readings which should now be reading lower .
Dead Head is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 21:51   #7158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Joined the OG GT gang yesterday, offered my prayers to the DSG gods to not visit me for some years It is a 2016 June make carbon steel colour.....
Congratulations on the GT.

I was looking at GTs for sale out of curiosity, as a friend mentioned the prices are going up for the GT in the used market. Firstly, there are not a lot of GTs for sale, so props to you for finding one. The few that were listed for sale on various sites, including the TeamBHP classifieds are all asking for 10L+.

Is this really the price people are paying for the GT, or are these sellers a little too ambitious? I've got a GT, which I don't plan to sell anytime soon. But if VW doesn't launch the new Polo in India in the future, we owners are sitting on a small gold mine.

@yesyeswe - Only if you're comfortable sharing, could you DM me the price you paid for the car?
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 23:53   #7159

Quote:
Well I've been driving a manual for the last 10 years and automatic is a bliss indeed , you do get irritated when the car doesn't downshift/upshift according to your need, but most of the time no need to do anything. Thank you!
If you don't mind, can you share how much you bought it for? Currently looking for one and would like to know how much I should pay for one.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd September 2023 at 03:46. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
Old 3rd September 2023, 15:32   #7160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
I was looking at GTs for sale out of curiosity, as a friend mentioned the prices are going up for the GT in the used market. Firstly, there are not a lot of GTs for sale, so props to you for finding one. The few that were listed for sale on various sites, including the TeamBHP classifieds are all asking for 10L+.
True. I was in the market recently for a pre-owned Polo GT, and got a 40K km driven 2017 1.2 TSI last week. I was shellshocked at the prices. There are desperate people who will even buy at quoted prices. And so the prices went up in the last one year. The prices are double the IDVs and that means the GT has gotten into the coveted category. Probably the post-COVID back-to-office rush is the reason and everyone wants a hot hatch, which was my reason

Last edited by nileshch : 3rd September 2023 at 15:43. Reason: added more lines.
Old 6th September 2023, 01:41   #7161
BHPian

Recently went for some quick drives(120 kms) and on a longer one(600kms) to better understand the 1.2 TSI and the DSG unit. The car loves to upshift, at approx 60 kmph you are driving in D7 which results in very good fuel economy. I like to drive sedately so that contributes to the good fuel economy as well. I have driven 1.0 TSI with torque converter extensively and the car keeps on driving in D5, it up shifts very late.

Now that the car is automatic even putting the car to manual mode and up-shifting & down-shifting seems like a task, want a pedal shifter steering to downshift whenever needed with bare minimum effort. . But just preses the pedal a bit and the car downshifts from D7 to D4 in a blink.

The car lacks lumbar support, on my 600 km drive(round trip) my back was seriously asking for some lumbar support, and i was constantly changing my angle to find a comfortable spot.

Got some accessories like a tyre inflator, car vaccum and a car charger, now looking for a dashcam and then some good looking seat covers to enhance the interior look of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-snapchat962002767.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20230820_082829.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20230820_084842.jpg  

yesyeswe is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 11:13   #7162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The car lacks lumbar support, on my 600 km drive(round trip) my back was seriously asking for some lumbar support, and i was constantly changing my angle to find a comfortable spot.
Thats a problem with almost all cars that we get in India. Why - I don't know. Must be some cosmic, mythological or numerological reason for it.

You can try this - Amazon Link - Lumbar support for car seat

I have been using it in my cars for some years now - and its good. Not exactly cheap - but does the job well, and is delivered to home, no need to visit seat makers and try things out.
Reinhard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 11:28   #7163
BHPian

Even I am looking to refresh my 2017 GT TSI. Firstly, looking for GTI type seat covers. Then want to get alloys darkened from the current silver color. (like on 1.0 GT TSI models).

Does anyone know where we can source the GTI type of seat covers for GT TSI?
Old 6th September 2023, 13:30   #7164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Even I am looking to refresh my 2017 GT TSI. Firstly, looking for GTI type seat covers. Then want to get alloys darkened from the current silver color. (like on 1.0 GT TSI models).

Does anyone know where we can source the GTI type of seat covers for GT TSI?
I'm assuming you mean the tartan fabric that comes in the GTI?
You can go to any shop that does car interiors and ask them to make it for you.
PrisonMike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 13:48   #7165
BHPian

Quote:
I'm assuming you mean the tartan fabric that comes in the GTI?
You can go to any shop that does car interiors and ask them to make it for you.
Thanks. Let me check.

BTW only today I gave my car for 6th year service and I had a complaint that my engine (pink) coolant is getting depleted in the coolant tank gradually.

The service guy called few min back saying there is a leak in the radiator and needs full replacement of the radiator and flushing of coolant and refill.

Total cost is about 12k :(

I said to go ahead as I don't want to take chance with engine cooling department. I am hoping that was the wise thing to do.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th September 2023 at 14:43. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 14:54   #7166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... I said to go ahead as I don't want to take chance with engine cooling department. I am hoping that was the wise thing to do.
Hopefully the diagnosis is correct, in which case it is absolutely the right thing to do. Please keep an eye on the levels after the replacement.

Obviously, you are checking levels, to have noticed the gradual loss. I was not so diligent with my GT TDI, and was only alerted to a major cooling system failure by loss of AC! I have learnt my lesson. Perhaps (not recommended) one can be a little lax with a new car between services, but mine is far from new.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 16:27   #7167
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Let me check.
You can contact @vag__pro on IG. They literally just put up a story with the tartan fabric you are looking for just today.
PrisonMike is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 14:09   #7168
BHPian

Quote:
You can contact @vag__pro on IG. They literally just put up a story with the tartan fabric you are looking for just today.
Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for! Posted a query already.
Old 13th September 2023, 20:12   #7169
BHPian

Hey everyone,

I recently picked up a pre-worshipped 2018 GT TSI.

I want to get a mild raspy exhaust note, so I am thinking of removing the resonator and bolting on a custom muffler. I'm unsure how much the exhaust note will improve, and I wanted some advice on making the car sound better but not too loud. I am also a student, so I am on a bit of a tight budget
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-2ad13920795a45548b0e396e81878e7e.jpg  

db01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 21:32   #7170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db01 View Post
Hey everyone,

I recently picked up a pre-worshipped 2018 GT TSI.

I want to get a mild raspy exhaust note, so I am thinking of removing the resonator and bolting on a custom muffler. I'm unsure how much the exhaust note will improve, and I wanted some advice on making the car sound better but not too loud. I am also a student, so I am on a bit of a tight budget
Best to probably consult with a performance tuning garage. They generally have a good idea as to how to get the kind of exhaust note you might want.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks