Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2023, 21:57   #7171
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by db01 View Post
Hey everyone,

I recently picked up a pre-worshipped 2018 GT TSI.
Can I ask what is the odo and how much did you pay?
Congratulations and best wishes!
Guna is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 09:00   #7172

Hey everyone,

Very excited to join the GT gang with my pre-worshipped 2018 Polo GT TSI, the car has done 25k kms till now. Been driving manuals for the last 12 years now and the DSG is just soo fun to drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-image-7.png  

razzor228 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 17:22   #7173
BHPian

Some info regarding the mods done on my Polo, will put up a detailed post on a dedicated thread. the goal is to make the ultimate daily driver with performance to boot.

will use the format posted here by a fellow member.

Bought my 2017 Polo GT preworshipped at 37k kms last year, now at 56k kms in 14 months after using my 2014 vento tsi for about 8years and 1.29k kms

- Wheel / Tyre upgrade: Most common being the 15" to 16" upgrade. A wide variety of wheels and tyres used. Stock 16" wheels with 205/55/R16 pilot sport 4 10k a pop

- Suspension upgrade: Bilstein B6 / Sachs / KW / Cobra ordered sachs approx 28k

- Brake upgrade: GTI Stock / Brembo / Tarox oem 310mm GTI/S1 56k

- Steering upgrade: GTI Steering / Regular VW Steering with Paddle shifters standard wheel modded to accomodate paddle shifters going the DIY route as it didnt make sense to shell out 25-30k for the chinese market OEM wheel with shifters. I spent about 15k

- HU upgrade: OEM VW units / Android units MIB Composition media (60k) with POLK audio components and coaxials, still needs tweaking and damping

- VCDS Tweaks out of many, important ones are comfort indicators moved to 5 times rather than 3, no accoustic warning on lock/unlock, brake boost and XDSS

- Headlamp / Tailamp upgrades: Various models from different VW models. standard HL with osram LEDs, GTI/20-22 taillights all bulbs are LEDs

- Bumper upgrades. front GTI/20-22 bumper

- Armrest addition. OEM done by previous owner, exploring the option to source and fit A1/S1 unit

- Dome light upgrade: Jetta unit euro 6r unit with 3 lamps and mic slot

- Damped Grab Handles. yes, 1k each

- Rear Swaybar maybe after sachs, need to consider stiffness

- Bonnet gas struts in the pipeline for bonnet and self opening ones for the boot

- Remap: Stage 1, Stage 2, TCU. Not sure if anyone has done a stage 3 stage 1 ECU & TCU

- Exhaust upgrade: Down pipe, full exhaust, various end cans None

- Auto headlamps upgrade got the tiguan switch (5k), awaiting BCM max (used 25k incl. shipping) installation

- Auto dimming IRVM tiguan unit, replaced the stock one which was also auto dimming

- Bootlamp 2 lamps on either side, also 2 warning+puddle lamps (tiguann type) on the boot lid as PQ generation does not support brake lamp illumination when boot is open in the BCM

- Eurospec intake yes

other mods
GTI cluster (paranoid about coolant temps since my vento overheated and warped its head) 60k I think
tiguan roof antenna 2k from VW
OEM green tint glass in the pipeline (VW prices)
8k park sensors 25k
extra gauges 40k
carlinkit 2023 8k from ebay
Seats in the pipeline
rear cabin light, to be installed 1.5k
brake pad wear sensors, washer fluid level sensor, cant remember the price
VW oem rechargeable flashlight and glovebox illumination, yet to be installed approx 10k

Possibly forgot a few more that I cant recall off my head.

Open to support and advise anyone looking forward to the standard and the not so standard mods. Pictures or videos availableon request.

Also before I forget, many thanks to this rich community which has shared knowledge over the years helping countless enthusiasts.

Last edited by GTO : 9th October 2023 at 09:36. Reason: Formatting
hellraiser_yank is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 20:03   #7174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser_yank View Post
Some info regarding the mods done on my Polo, will put up a detailed post on a dedicated thread. the goal is to make the ultimate daily driver with performance to boot.
Brilliant list of mods. That's pretty much maxing out the Polo in terms of goodies I feel. Combining the MID composite HU with the Maxidot cluster will had a ton of new features to the mix.

Have you not considered getting the car lowered? That will help the stance a lot, considering the Sachs struts add about 2-3 inches of additional ride height to the car.

A rear disc conversion, and the rear flip reversing camera would be a worth while upgrade as well, considering you're going all out with the build.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th October 2023 at 03:58. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
PrisonMike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 21:03   #7175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonMike View Post
Have you not considered getting the car lowered? That will help the stance a lot, considering the Sachs struts add about 2-3 inches of additional ride height to the car.

A rear disc conversion, and the rear flip reversing camera would be a worth while upgrade as well, considering you're going all out with the build.
Things I forgot to mention:

- Direct TPMS also en route.

- Looking for a used set of euro 6r springs

- Rear flip camera from golf already installed 25k
K&N replacement filter 9k, with 57s conversion of standard airbox (credit to the bhpian who posted the tutorial)

- DCC was also considered but 2 issues, no real time compensation like the new kodiaq, also unproven life in Indian "terrain". In Europe DCC lasts about 50k kms.

Since the car is still in warranty so no engine swap or major drivetrain changes. Future plan (2025-6) hints, AWD and an engine swap. Looking for sub 4 second 0-100 and 300+kmph top end.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th October 2023 at 03:59. Reason: Minor formatting to aid readability.
hellraiser_yank is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 22:38   #7176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Since the car is still in warranty so no engine swap or major drivetrain changes.
Does your car has 7 years warranty (4+3)? Did Polos come with 4 years standard warranty?
I wonder if the warranty would be void even with the extensive changes you are already planning.
Old 7th October 2023, 23:15   #7177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Does your car has 7 years warranty (4+3)? Did Polos come with 4 years standard warranty?
I wonder if the warranty would be void even with the extensive changes you are already planning.
I actually don't know the standard warranty period of the car, though in my cars case I found out any VW car can be brought in warranty as long as it's in the max period for which VW offers warranty. For me that meant that as long as I fix everything VW wants fixed at the dealership. They will offer warranty, max till the 7th year of registration.

So I got the steering rack fixed, and got the service done as per manual. Then I was elegible to get the warranty for the 6th year.

All mods are socket to socket and OEM parts. That's why warranty is retained.
hellraiser_yank is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 09:05   #7178
BHPian

Quote:

will use the format posted here by a fellow member.

Bought my 2017 Polo GT preworshipped at 37k kms last year, now at 56k kms in 14 months after using my 2014 vento tsi for about 8years and 1.29k kms

- Suspension upgrade: Bilstein B6 / Sachs / KW / Cobra ordered sachs approx 28k
Hi, can you please let me know where you got the Sachs from. Had ordered them a week back. just got a call from the local dealer yesterday and he put his hands up and gave up. NOT Available. thats all he said. unable to find a decent website that ships to India. Trodo.com is superfast and will ship to India, but DHL shipping turning out to be too expensive. more than the shock absorbers themselves.

also just received the Brembo Drilled rotors standard 256mm and brake pads yesterday. will be installing them tomorrow. if this doesnt cut it, then the next upgrade will the 280mm Kit.

I'm sure you already know, the Sachs suspension numbers are pretty common knowledge on the forum, but the rear ones, dont by any chance get the 290887. they're all compatible, but the 290887 is a twin tube while the 317357 and 317336 is a monotube, clearly mentioned for sports suspension. so expecting them to be stiffer.

Again, please help me get the Sachs from whereever you're getting them.
Racer911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 13:21   #7179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer911 View Post
Hi, can you please let me know where you got the Sachs from. Had ordered them a week back. just got a call from the local dealer yesterday and he put his hands up and gave up. NOT Available. thats all he said. unable to find a decent website that ships to India. Trodo.com is superfast and will ship to India, but DHL shipping turning out to be too expensive. more than the shock absorbers themselves.

also just received the Brembo Drilled rotors standard 256mm and brake pads yesterday. will be installing them tomorrow. if this doesnt cut it, then the next upgrade will the 280mm Kit.

I'm sure you already know, the Sachs suspension numbers are pretty common knowledge on the forum, but the rear ones, dont by any chance get the 290887. they're all compatible, but the 290887 is a twin tube while the 317357 and 317336 is a monotube, clearly mentioned for sports suspension. so expecting them to be stiffer.

Again, please help me get the Sachs from whereever you're getting them.
I ordered the Sachs from AM racing. They're on Instagram if you'd want to connect. I had been looking for Sachs for 3 months more or less. In my knowledge 1 new lot has been imported this past week.

Also eurospares.in has Sachs available for rear.

I think you mean the 288mm Big Brake Kit. The parts for the carrier have been superceded so pay close attention to what you order and what you get. The caliper and pads are common between 310 and 288. I would've preferred the 288 but could not source them at the time and my brakes were shot.

For Sachs I'm getting Front Part no: 314 717 Rear Part no: 317 336.

Last edited by hellraiser_yank : 8th October 2023 at 13:22. Reason: Missed out some information
hellraiser_yank is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 13:42   #7180
BHPian

Quote:
Try GermanCart: +91*95448*68585
Or
Pole Position Performance: +91*87674*77120

I got my set of front and rears from them, although about 6 months ago. So, I can't say for sure if they're in stock at the moment.
Old 13th October 2023, 01:10   #7181
BHPian

So I've just bought Sachs shock absorbers for my Vento from a German Website. Rs. 26900 inclusive of Shipping. Custom Duty would be extra. (Front and back shock absorbers + Sachs bushings and bearing for the front shocks)

lets see how it works out. they've huge stocks of everything. if my experience is positive, shall update details here. Sachs shock absorbers although unavailable, were quoted Rs. 25000/- same parts as mentioned above. the Only extra expense being made here would be the import duty. Considering the poor availability and uncertain delivery times of these anywhere in India, I wouldnt mind paying a little extra if the entire process is troublefree and items recd. are in good condition.

Name Status Delivery Date Quantity Price Amount Cancel
Sachs 802270
Repair kit, suspension strut Prepared for processing 1 7.91 € 7.91 €
Sachs 317357
Shock absorber Prepared for processing 2 39.52 € 79.04 €
Sachs 314717
Shock absorber Prepared for processing 2 44.94 € 89.88 €
Delivery DeliveryUPS
Delivery Prepared for processing 1 124.51 € 124.51 €

Order Amount: 301.34 €

paying in Euros always cheaper than paying in GBP or USD.

Last edited by Racer911 : 13th October 2023 at 01:12.
Racer911 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 17:49   #7182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonMike View Post
Try GermanCart: +91*95448*68585
Or
Pole Position Performance: +91*87674*77120

I got my set of front and rears from them, although about 6 months ago. So, I can't say for sure if they're in stock at the moment.
AFAIK Pole position buys from AM Racing.

Quote:
So I've just bought Sachs shock absorbers for my Vento from a German Website...
Please check whether the 802270 is set or single, because I think this part code is for single top mount, and the price also seems to be single. I think you may have to order 1 more of these.

Please share the link for this website, will be helpful for many trying to source these. Also, I might need to order Sachs 802270, Repair kit. As Bilstein B1 is not available here nor is the Sachs 802270.

Last edited by hellraiser_yank : 13th October 2023 at 17:54. Reason: Missed out some information
hellraiser_yank is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 08:29   #7183

Was looking for 15” wheels and HUD options for my 2016 Polo GT TSI.
I am in Bangalore so suggestion for any local dealers would be helpful.
For the HUD, had evaluated the VW new unit seen in newer polos. Worth the upgrade?
For the 15” was looking for momo wheels but not available at one dealer I contacted.
Please suggest.
Old 14th October 2023, 14:32   #7184
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK Pole position buys from AM Racing.

Please check whether the 802270 is set or single, because I think this part code is for single top mount, and the price also seems to be single. I think you may have to order 1 more of these.

Please share the link for this website, will be helpful for many trying to source these. Also, I might need to order Sachs 802270, Repair kit. As Bilstein B1 is not available here nor is the Sachs 802270.
Hi, yeah I've ordered 2 qty of 802270 as 1 set contains only 1 bushing and 1 bearing. the copy paste in the previous post was before the ordering.

I am just waiting for the transaction to get over positively to recommend to others. But i've got a good feeling about it. the website has updated status that the parts have been procured and only shipping is pending. according to them I should have the parts in the next 4 days which would be superfast if I actually get it. UPS will be handling the logistics so custom clearance should also be a breeze.

I have scoured atleast 8 websites all over UK, Dubai, Europe and found this one to have the best prices, the most practical shipping options. Trodo.com was also an absolute delight in terms of stocks and parts information accuracy, but shipping option only DHL worldwide which was way too expensive (almost 32K converted to INR). And then our stupid Indian laws, the higher the shipping the higher the import duty because duty calculated on CIF value.

although for those impatient,

handlerparts.de

Last edited by Racer911 : 14th October 2023 at 14:42.
Racer911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 14:40   #7185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot_tsi View Post
Was looking for 15” wheels and HUD options for my 2016 Polo GT TSI.
I am in Bangalore so suggestion for any local dealers would be helpful.
For the HUD, had evaluated the VW new unit seen in newer polos. Worth the upgrade?
For the 15” was looking for momo wheels but not available at one dealer I contacted.
Please suggest.
The HUD seems to be from the MQB platform, whereas polo in india is the PQ25 platform. So I have my reservations whether the electronics would be compatible or not. AFAIK HUD was not sold in any of the PQ cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks