Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2023, 19:01   #7141
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

A few updates:

- Dechromed the front and rear, except for the GT logos. (Forgot to take a pic)
- Added the aftermarket OEM type armrest. (Forgot to take a pic)
- Upgraded my brake pads to EBC Ultimax2. Thought of getting Brembo rotors as well, but my current rotors seem to be in pretty good shape.
- Upsized my stock 185/55/R15's to OEM 16"s. Along with a fresh set of 205/55/R16 Continental UC6 rubber.

I can't speak much about the tires since I've barely driven 5kms with them. But my immediate impressions are extremely positive. Calling it a night and day difference is not doing it justice. What a different going from 7 years old dry/harden tires to a fresh set does to the feel of a car. Can't wait to take it out for a decent stretch.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230729-18.51.52.jpg  

PrisonMike is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 19:50   #7142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonMike View Post
- Dechromed the front and rear, except for the GT logos. (Forgot to take a pic)
- Added the aftermarket OEM type armrest. (Forgot to take a pic)
Please post the pics when you have a chance.

Quote:
Upsized my stock 185/55/R15's to OEM 16"s. Along with a fresh set of 205/55/R16 Continental UC6 rubber.
How much did you pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If you guys are looking for leather wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters, look-up that.red.sells (linked with BHPian fluidicjoy IIRC) on Instagram.
I somehow prefer the steering with the round centre. Looks sportier and chunkier that the new Polo wheel.

Quote:
I procured one some months ago via them for approximately 30k INR for my GT TSI.
But at this price I guess it's worth it.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 02:05   #7143
BHPian

Hello everyone, I have come across a 2016 June Polo Gt TSI,
The condition of the car is good and it drives well. The only thing is the insurance has expired and the owner doesn't have any copy for reference. I was looking at insurance online and wanted to select the IDV based on the ex showroom price. Can anyone help me with the approximate ex showroom price of June 2016 Gt.

I am getting a quote of 16k from bajaj Allianz with zero depp(2 times) and Consumables cover with IDV of 3.5 lakhs, it has complimentary RSA too. For a car with expired insurance and 0% NCB and 7 years old, seems okay to me.
Old 2nd August 2023, 07:36   #7144
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
For a car with expired insurance and 0% NCB and 7 years old, seems okay to me.
You should look at previous insurance, should be downloadable if insurer is known to check NCB, will give you indication if claim was taken.

I have Acko for my 2015 TSI, no 0 Dep, but 4.5L IDV.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-screenshot_20230802_073114_onedrive.jpg
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 10:55   #7145
BHPian

Joined the OG GT gang yesterday, offered my prayers to the DSG gods to not visit me for some years It is a 2016 June make carbon steel colour, comes with the RCD 330 unit which doesn't have android auto functionality unfortunately, let's see if I am able to find a RCD 340 for a good rate. Couldn't sleep till 3 am in the morning, was going through the 2016 threads to get more information about the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20230812_214901.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 15:19   #7146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Joined the OG GT gang yesterday, offered my prayers to the DSG gods to not visit me for some years It is a 2016 June make carbon steel colour ... ... ...
That sounds so good! Congratulations, and may your prayers be answered by a trouble-free driving experience.

Whilst I continue to love my TDI after seven years ownership, I do often dream of automatic transmission in city traffic, and muse that probably only the DSG would satisfy
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 18:18   #7147
BHPian

Quote:
Joined the OG GT gang yesterday, offered my prayers to the DSG gods to not visit me for some years It is a 2016 June make carbon steel colour, comes with the RCD 330 unit which doesn't have android auto functionality unfortunately, let's see if I am able to find a RCD 340 for a good rate. Couldn't sleep till 3 am in the morning, was going through the 2016 threads to get more information about the car.
Congrats! And welcome the the club!.
Has your car only done 16k kms so far? If so you found a really really low mileage example.
Old 13th August 2023, 19:01   #7148
BHPian

Glad to see this thread alive and kicking after all these years. I have been running a 2015 Polo GT TSI for around 50k kms with stock DSG and its running perfectly. So I can assure you that this is a good product.

Also just in case I have a set of brand new B6, incase any of you enthusiasts are interested. Pls. DM me.

Mods, if this is not allowed on a forum, pls. delete the 2nd paragraph.
Old 13th August 2023, 19:31   #7149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That sounds so good! Congratulations, and may your prayers be answered by a trouble-free driving experience.

Whilst I continue to love my TDI after seven years ownership, I do often dream of automatic transmission in city traffic, and muse that probably only the DSG would satisfy
Well I've been driving a manual for the last 10 years and automatic is a bliss indeed , you do get irritated when the car doesn't downshift/upshift according to your need, but most of the time no need to do anything. Thank you!

Quote:
Congrats! And welcome the the club!.
Has your car only done 16k kms so far? If so you found a really really low mileage example.
14400 kms to be precise, even i couldn't belive when I saw it for the first time, but after checking everything it turned out to be correct so made the deal. I had been looking for 1.0 TSI ATs but due to the asking prices of around 9 lakhs, didn't go ahead. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Glad to see this thread alive and kicking after all these years. I have been running a 2015 Polo GT TSI for around 50k kms with stock DSG and its running perfectly. So I can assure you that this is a good product.

Also just in case I have a set of brand new B6, incase any of you enthusiasts are interested. Pls. DM me.
That is reassuring to read, there was a thread too sometime ago of a polo DSG crossing 100k kilometers without any issues and many other commenting with similar results. So just enjoying the car and not worrying about anything.
What is a B6? Couldn't guess that.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 19:44   #7150
BHPian

Quote:
What is a B6?
This https://bilsteinindia.in/product/bilstein-b6/
Old 16th August 2023, 02:59   #7151
BHPian

Update:

Upgraded the stock headlights to 35W 4700K Bi-Xenon HIDs
Highbeams and Fog lights to 30W 4300K LED's
Parking light to Osram T10 LEDs.

My baby is slowly taking shape.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20230816wa0005.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20230816wa0007.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20230816wa0009.jpg

Last edited by graaja : 16th August 2023 at 06:02. Reason: Inserting pictures
PrisonMike is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 15:12   #7152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Highbeams and Fog lights to 30W 4300K LED's
The functions of high-beam and fog lights are so different that I wonder at using the same high-power lamp for both?

High beam is meant to have a long throw. Fog lamp is meant to illuminate the road just in front of the car.

Of course, if one is seldom driving in actual fog, I guess they can be given a different purpose. That's true for me, but I find the stock fog lamps of my '14 GTI TD good enough for illuminating potholes, etc.
Old 16th August 2023, 16:41   #7153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Upgraded the stock headlights to 35W 4700K Bi-Xenon HIDs
Did you actually retrofit bi-xenon (high-low with solenoid) projectors in place of your low-beam reflector, with HID bulb? Or just an HID bulb into the stock reflector? (Asking because I cant make it out clearly in the very bright area of the headlamp in the photo ).

If just HID into the stock reflector - isn't it illegal per se? IIRC - only cars that come with stock HID in reflector setup, are allowed to have them. Halogen reflectors aren't allowed to be used with HID bulbs. It will also give extreme glare to oncoming traffic always with an HID. And with LED in the rather good high-beam reflectors of the GT - I'd never want to be oncoming with your Polo .

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th August 2023 at 16:49.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 20:00   #7154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The functions of high-beam and fog lights are so different that I wonder at using the same high-power lamp for both?

High beam is meant to have a long throw. Fog lamp is meant to illuminate the road just in front of the car.

Of course, if one is seldom driving in actual fog, I guess they can be given a different purpose. That's true for me, but I find the stock fog lamps of my '14 GTI TD good enough for illuminating potholes, etc.
Personally for me, my stock halogen foglamps were pretty weak and barely did any useful illumination at all. I barely use the high beams, except to flash oncoming/cars ahead. And only drive with them completely on in an empty stretch of road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Did you actually retrofit bi-xenon (high-low with solenoid) projectors in place of your low-beam reflector, with HID bulb? Or just an HID bulb into the stock reflector? (Asking because I cant make it out clearly in the very bright area of the headlamp in the photo ).

If just HID into the stock reflector - isn't it illegal per se? IIRC - only cars that come with stock HID in reflector setup, are allowed to have them. Halogen reflectors aren't allowed to be used with HID bulbs. It will also give extreme glare to oncoming traffic always with an HID. And with LED in the rather good high-beam reflectors of the GT - I'd never want to be oncoming with your Polo .
I should have specified this: The Bi-Xenon projectors were retrofitted into the stock headlight housing, the HID bulbs weren't fitted into the stock reflector housing. Only the highbeam has an LED chip instead of the stock halogen.

There is absolutely zero glare/bloom from the headlights. My camera's sensor seemed to have over compensated for the exposure at night.

Last edited by PrisonMike : 16th August 2023 at 20:03.
PrisonMike is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 14:19   #7155
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a very noticeable difference between the 55 and 60 profile tires in terms of ride comfort? I am about to switch my tires to a new set, and have been on the fence for a while.
Yes , the cushioning of the car improves dramatcally as the sidewall height increases the tyre gets to flex more
Dead Head is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks