Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2022, 20:49   #7051
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNG-motorhead View Post
Advice needed!! Getting a 2015 55K driven Polo GT TSI. Worth it? What should I look for? Read some concerning reviews abt DQ200. How do I know its going bad. Someone mentioned keeping car in D and holding the brakes in city stop-go traffic destroys the DQ200
I have a 2015 GT as well. I found a used one with 23k done. As long as you get into the habit of switching to N during traffic stops, and switching to the triptronic mode in stop go traffic, the DSG should be good.

Although 55k is slightly on the higher side, I'd suggest you get your transmission oil changed. If you spoil your car with care, the car will definitely spoil you right back. I literally can't get enough of mine.

I've always felt that stories of DSG's going kaput have had way too much light thrown at them. There are far more examples of DSG's that have done well over 1lakh kms and have no issues what so ever. I personally believe it's just the way you drive your car.
PrisonMike is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 18:13   #7052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonMike View Post
Recently switched up to paddle shifters. I think this is a 100% must have for all GT owners. It completely changes the driving dynamics of the car. Having the ability to hold the gear to almost it's redline and then feeling that DSG shift after you pull on the upshift paddle is something else. Ordered a set of extensions so that I have a bit more surface are to use my fingers on.
This was one of my most sought after updates for my car ever since I purchased it.

More to come.

Attachment 2387126
Where did you source the paddle shifter wheel from ?
Old 16th December 2022, 18:19   #7053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Revs View Post
Where did you source the paddle shifter wheel from ?
Knew someone who was selling his barely used wheel.
Old 29th December 2022, 12:23   #7054
BHPian

37K service & new tyres for my GT TSI

Quick update on completing 37K on my Polo GT TSi.

Received the car back from annual service yesterday. In addition to the standard service (engine oil change, oil filter, AC filter, etc.,) replaced the front wipers and a rear brake light bulb that had gone kaput. Some observations after service:
  1. Car is definitely smoother than before in terms of acceleration, gear shifts (which always has been butter smooth), etc.,
    Service experience was OK as expected from VW service centres (can't compare it to the experience delivered by Maruti or even Toyota).
    Car was picked up on Wed morning and dropped off on Thu evening. Not sure why they need to keep the car for 2 days, but that's been the experience over the last few years
    Quality of cleaning is quite poor. I understand most of them do only a "dry wash) but there was layers of dust in various places that weren't cleaned. Took a video and shared with VW
    Overall annual service cost (incl cost of replacing wipers etc.,) has remained by and large around the Rs.10K mark. (2022 - Rs.13K, 2021 - Rs.9K, 2020 - Rs.13K)

I also changed all 4 tyres from OEM stock tyres to Bridgestone ER 300. Stuck to the OEM specified tyre size (185/R15). Had a great experience at Madhu Tyre Centre in Bangalore. Cost of replacing all 4 tyres incl alignment and balancing came up to Rs.24K
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_3802.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_3804-1.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_5863.jpg  

vraned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 15:20   #7055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNG-motorhead View Post
Advice needed!! Getting a 2015 55K driven Polo GT TSI. Worth it? What should I look for? Read some concerning reviews abt DQ200. How do I know its going bad. Someone mentioned keeping car in D and holding the brakes in city stop-go traffic destroys the DQ200
Get the car checked thoroughly by the SC. This should tell if there are any major issues in the car. I know someone who has used POLO GT DSG for almost a lac KM and no issues so far.
TJ02 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 10:00   #7056
Senior - BHPian

Folks, what should be the price for a 2017 Polo GT TSI done 19k. Red Color and in all original condition with full service records and in 6th year extended warranty as well with option to take 7th year warranty in April 2023.

It's Bangalore registration and first owner. Has been driven by a lady driver single handed for small city runs only.

It has original tyres and brakes and apart from regular service no part replacement has ever been carried out. The head unit was upgraded to original VW unit that has Android Auto and Carplay.

Last edited by Traveler : 14th January 2023 at 10:02.
Old 14th January 2023, 10:48   #7057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Folks, what should be the price for a 2017 Polo GT TSI done 19k. Red Color and in all original condition with full service records and in 6th year extended warranty as well with option to take 7th year warranty in April 2023.
2017 Polo GT means it's a 1.2-litre TSI with DQ200 automatic transmission. Buying an used GT TSI for anywhere between ₹ 7.5 - 9lakhs represents decent value. Low-run examples like this can be a tad pricier at ₹ 9.5 - 10lakhs I guess.

Last edited by Shreyfiesta : 14th January 2023 at 10:51.
Shreyfiesta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 11:17   #7058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks, the On-Road price in Bangalore is 1115193/- additionally I took two years extended warranty for another 13.5K, and I guess I will end up getting the RV camera and Center Armrest from another 15 to 20K total. Have already ordered the Viofo 119 Dashcam from Aliexpress for around 6K + Customs and waiting for it to be delivered.
Quote:

It's Bangalore registration and first owner. Has been driven by a lady driver single handed for small city runs only.

It has original tyres and brakes and apart from regular service no part replacement has ever been carried out. The head unit was upgraded to original VW unit that has Android Auto and Carplay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyfiesta View Post
2017 Polo GT means it's a 1.2-litre TSI with DQ200 automatic transmission. Buying an used GT TSI for anywhere between ₹ 7.5 - 9lakhs represents decent value. Low-run examples like this can be a tad pricier at ₹ 9.5 - 10lakhs I guess.
@Shrey. You are kidding right? Please refer to Traveler’s post from 2017. He paid around 11L when it was new. So just 1-1.5L depreciation in 5 years ?

Adding the funds which the prospective owner might have to keep aside for the potential gearbox failure, he/she will be paying more than the 2017 price. Are VWs holding better value than Marutis now? God save the Bangalore used car market.

8L sounds about right although still feels high considering this version of the gearbox has a history of failing.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th January 2023 at 12:42. Reason: As requested
Old 14th January 2023, 12:17   #7059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
@Shrey. You are kidding right? Please refer to Traveler’s post from 2017. He paid around 11L when it was new. So just 1-1.5L depreciation in 5 years ?

Adding the funds which the prospective owner might have to keep aside for the potential gearbox failure, he/she will be paying more than the 2017 price. Are VWs holding better value than Marutis now? God save the Bangalore used car market.

8L sounds about right although still feels high considering this has version of the gearbox has a history of failing.
Depending on the condition, no of owners and odometer reading, Polo GTs of < 5 years age usually changes hands in ₹ 7.5 - 10lakhs range here in the south. There’s no denying that the DQ200 is problematic. I totally agree with the fact that these cars are surprisingly expensive to maintain and one may end up with a white elephant if the person don't account for the high maintenance costs that come with it. Regarding the prices in used car market, you can check with any pre-owned car dealer in Bengaluru to clarify.

Last edited by Shreyfiesta : 14th January 2023 at 12:19.
Old 14th January 2023, 15:12   #7060
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyfiesta View Post
I totally agree with the fact that these cars are surprisingly expensive to maintain and one may end up with a white elephant if the person don't account for the high maintenance costs that come with it.
That's not true! Spares are expensive if they fail, based on all the chatter over the internet, it seems DQ200 does carry a high risk of that. Other that that, there is absolute no high maintenance costs. I have a GT TSI 2015 - 70k (drives very less now with Octavia (with same DQ200) around), and I have never paid more than 10-11k for service. I did change brake rotors on my own though.

When in warranty they changed the fuel lid servo lock, and the steering rack, without much fuss. While I don't let anyone touch my car, I can confirm that Ignis/ Ertiga/ Ritz in family have seen more failures, boot shockers/ reverse sensors/ central locking, etc. Polo: none!
SLK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 00:26   #7061

Greetings Guys,

Hope all are doing fine on their end! I had an experience so thought it will be worth sharing with the community.

My Polo 1.2 TSI 2017, and is running on a stock battery setup since then. following today after 5 years, where it just did not start up. So I had the battery problem with my other car a 2013 Alto as well! maybe it was the cold this time is not been good and secondly maybe it's the time for me to get a new one!! so I researched and found out that Excide offers a battery PAN INDIA

the service is free if you have a excide battery which is under warranty otherwise 200/- charges will be applicable in any other case. I am putting the link below for you to check and gain some more knowledge about the terms and services.

https://www.exidecare.com/batmobile?...EaAuO2EALw_wcB

You can see it for other Battery related issues as well.

The technician was friendly enough turned out be known as I purchased my alto battery 2 years ago from him so I got my other car jumpstarted for free being both out of warranty and needing a jump start.

So anytime you are stuck from 8 AM to 8 PM call these guys to come within a stipulated time and WhatsApp updates and the technician will call you within minutes and you can track it all as a ticket is raised. and are friendly enough to share information on issues and care.

Now I need some suggestions about which battery to buy for POLO GT 1.2 TSI and what the actual difference about zero maintenance and normal batteries having different warranty structures but providing the same output.

Any suggestions and information will be appreciated.
Old 19th January 2023, 11:54   #7062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramAditya View Post
Now I need some suggestions about which battery to buy for POLO GT 1.2 TSI and what the actual difference about zero maintenance and normal batteries having different warranty structures but providing the same output.

Any suggestions and information will be appreciated.
VW makes a lot of fuss when it comes to warranty (claims, add-on extensions) if the battery is after-market. Something to keep in mind. They also use any scheduled service items skipped (such as not changing spark plugs during 4th annual service) as an excuse to deny warranty claims. I have acquired a Polo TSI from a friend recently and when I applied for add-on warranty, they pointed out these two issues (after market battery and skipping spark plug change) to refuse add on warranty extension.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 20:55   #7063
BHPian

Hi guys

Has anyone had any experience with the Sachs shock absorbers for the Polo? Apparently these are the ones that come OEM fitted in the European Polos, and are said to feel more robust and more stable during cornering compared to the stock ones we get here.
I've been on the look out for a few set of shocks now since I feel like my car seems to feel like it's 'crashing' over sharp bumps.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-thumb.jpeg  

Old 14th February 2023, 12:17   #7064
BHPian

@traveler Curious to know what price it was sold at. I'm sure @Pancham and the rest of us on this thread would love to know what the market demand is for a used GT TSI.

Quote:

vraned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 13:20   #7065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraned View Post
@traveler Curious to know what price it was sold at. I'm sure @Pancham and the rest of us on this thread would love to know what the market demand is for a used GT TSI.
I plan to put it for sale in March. Haven't tried getting it evaluated at the moment.

Most Viewed