Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2023, 05:09   #7081
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Hi guys,

I've almost set my sights on a set of Sachs shocks for my 2015 GT.
I've heard a lot of good things about these from various sources.
I just wanted to know that are these specific set the right ones to use?

Front Part no: 314 717
Rear Part no: 317 336

I believe these are more sporty when compared to the stock OEM ones.

Would really appreciate some insights regards this!

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230420-20.24.35.jpg  

PrisonMike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 22:46   #7082

Hi @PrisonMike, I had recently changed my dampers to Sachs 314717 for the front and 317336 for the rear. Springs are stock. The work was done at Engineering exponent Bangalore.

The damping is now spot on. I don't feel nervous anymore at highway speeds. lane changes are very comfortable with no more pitching and rolling which was very prominent with the stock dampers.

However low speed ride over bad and gravelled roads are stiff though not as much as my friends car with Bilstein B6. Another car I have driven extensively is my father's Skoda Yeti and it is a stiff vehicle. I will rate the experience with Sachs on the polo around 20 percent stiffer that the Yeti with its stock suspension.

I was earlier running 36 psi for the front and 33 for the rear as is indicated on the fuel lid for 2 passengers and minimal cargo. I have dropped it to 30 all around and it seems like a good trade-off however I am yet to experiment with different tyre pressures. Tyres are Continental UC6.

All in all I am fully satisfied as the polo feels so much more stable and confidence inspiring at highway speeds.
Deepak George is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 20:15   #7083
BHPian

HELP
My 2015 make GT TSI with 1,27,000kms on the ODO started throwing engine emission warning yellow light today. Currently I am at my parents place and atleast 200kms away from the nearest VW authorized service center. I am able drive the car, sometimes it doesn't go beyond 2nd gear but when I switch off the engine and start again it does engages all the gears. I have driven around 10kms after this problem started. I am really worried now and extremly stressed with this and wondering if it's one of those infamous VW engine/gearbox failure.
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-vw.jpg

I am trying to get in touch with my regular service advisor but meantime I would like to know if anyone has faced this perticuler issue.
Old 27th April 2023, 21:35   #7084
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
I am trying to get in touch with my regular service advisor but meantime I would like to know if anyone has faced this perticuler issue.
Any ODBII scanner can help scan and get a problem code. And then if the issue is identified to be fixable or could have a workaround, you may be able to make some headway without VW.

But I'm interested to know how is GT TSI holding at 127k and what about DSG.
Old 28th April 2023, 01:51   #7085
BHPian

Tiny update:

Switched out my type 2 (gen 2) tail-lights to the latest GTI (type 3) tail-lights on my 2015 GT. I personally feel it just looks a lot sharper and tidies up the back a lot better.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-capture2.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th April 2023 at 11:55. Reason: Headlights -> tail-lights
Old 28th April 2023, 08:07   #7086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
If the issue is identified to be fixable or could have a workaround, you may be able to make some headway without VW.
This is what I want. Once you are in the VW center, you are at their mercy, however big or small the problem is.

Quote:
But I'm interested to know how is GT TSI holding at 127k and what about DSG.
Absolutely fine. There are tons of mods done on this car (nothing mechanical), no major issues whatsoever until this came along! All the services are done at authorized centers even after warranty got over.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th April 2023 at 11:53. Reason: Typos
BlueEyes is online now   Received Infraction
Old 28th April 2023, 11:20   #7087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonMike View Post
Switched out my type 2 (gen 2) tail-lights to the latest GTI (type 3) tail-lights on my 2015 GT. I personally feel it just looks a lot sharper and tidies up the back a lot better.
Hey PrisonMike this looks good.

Can you please share the details on where did you source these? Also, was it an easy swap or did you have to struggle a bit with these tail lights while installing on your GT?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th April 2023 at 11:56. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 28th April 2023, 12:21   #7088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey PrisonMike this looks good.

Can you please share the details on where did you source these? Also, was it an easy swap or did you have to struggle a bit with these tail lights while installing on your GT?
I got them off OLX.
The swap is relatively straight forward provided you have the following:
- A longer bolt that screws the tail light assembly onto the car. The type 2 tailights have a shorter screw compared to the type 3. You can easily get the part off Boodmo.

- You need a type 2 to type 3 tailight connection adaptor, although this isnt completely necessary. Basically the type 2's tailight has a notch on the side that could easily be cut/filled down so that it clips into the type 3's socket.

- The most annoying this would be the clip required to fasten the light onto the car. Basically the type 2's tailights had 2 clips, each specifically made for the left and right side of the car. However, for some bizarre reason, VW designed the type 3's tailight to require 2 of the same kind of clips. Specially, 2 of the passenger side tailights clips.
PrisonMike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 19:30   #7089
BHPian

Major Update:

Finally got around to upgrading my front and rear struts to Sachs. The car is currently being worked upon by the team at Mates and Mods in Mumbai.

Upon further inspection, Nirmit from the team there suggested I get my steering rack assembly changed as well because they noticed some significant wear and tear since my car is technically 8 years old now. And mainly because the Sachs struts are far superior to the stock ones, having it run on the old stock steering rack would have been an injustice to the car.

Eagerly waiting to have the car back and experience the new ride and handling in person.

Will post an update as soon as I can.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230505-19.23.06.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th May 2023 at 17:34. Reason: spacing for improved readability
PrisonMike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 17:52   #7090
BHPian

Our ~4 year old Polo GT TSI threw the first surprise. I noticed check engine light and traction/ESC light error while starting up today. The car stutters and then starts sometimes. Other times, the engine makes an effort but fails to start. When it starts, there is no difference in how it feels or runs.

Thank fully, this happened while the car was parked at home and not outside.

VW service center is closed tomorrow. Service advisor recommended to flat bed it to the service station and not drive even if it starts.

Any thoughts on what might have caused it? Anything that I can do while the car waits at home until Sunday?
Old 6th May 2023, 18:01   #7091
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhushan08 View Post
Any thoughts on what might have caused it? Anything that I can do while the car waits at home until Sunday?
Could very well be the battery. Has it been changed yet?

One thing which you can do is to get your local trusted battery guy to come over and check the voltages. Maybe even replace temporarily with a spare battery and check what happens.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 18:10   #7092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

One thing which you can do is to get your local trusted battery guy to come over and check the voltages. Maybe even replace temporarily with a spare battery and check what happens.
Thanks. The car is still running on the stock battery. Getting a local guy to check it!
bhushan08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 19:21   #7093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Battery is ok. 12V+ and charging when the car does start after a stutter. Opened the engine bay and noticed this cut wire right next to the place where the TSI branding is. Could this explain the engine check and traction light error?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20230506_190831.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20230506_190855.jpg  

Old 9th May 2023, 15:08   #7094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhushan08 View Post
Battery is ok. 12V+ and charging when the car does start after a stutter. Opened the engine bay and noticed this cut wire right next to the place where the TSI branding is. Could this explain the engine check and traction light error?
Closing the loop here. This turned out to be a rate bite caused wiring damage. I had visited a relative and parking zone rats there had a special liking for the wiring. The repair cost 3.5K at VW PPS motors.

It is good to get the car running normally again
Old 20th May 2023, 17:36   #7095
BHPian

So my car is up in the lift for washing. I casually checked the underside and found what seems to be a drive shaft leakage. The car is 6 years old and had run 30k kilometers. Last year it had an engine overhaul due to flood damage. Looks like the ASS screwed up.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20230520_172437545_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by corvus corax : 20th May 2023 at 17:40.
corvus corax is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks