Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2019, 15:36   #6451
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
But insurance company handling warranty claims also? That's new for me...
VW and BAL have insurance cover such as the Drive Assurance that provides for warranty coverage.

More information on this page
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 18:08   #6452
zen
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Trrrr is probably a more accurate description.
I consistently hear this between 1.6k and 2k rpm in all gears. Haven't noticed it at higher revs. I'm at 42k on the odo.

I plan to get the service center to have a look at this since I have to visit them anyway since the a/c has stopped cooling as well.
Old 21st November 2019, 18:38   #6453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Is the warranty provided via Bajaj? Interesting, I didn't know this. How does that work?

As for the noise - many a times its resonance of one of the many items in the engine bay. .... Keep the engine running & maybe ask one of the attendants to be at the wheel modulating the throttle on your signals.
So the relationship is that VW has taken some sort of insurance from Bajaj Allianz to provide coverage for EW claims. All extended warranty work has to be approved by Bajaj first, so when something is rejected, it is because Bajaj said no.

It isn't relevant to us as such, because we pay VW for the warranty. What they do with a third party isn't important. BAL is a crappy company though, so I've had to intervene a time or two for some things. I only discovered this when I signed on a warranty document which was a bill to Bajaj for the work carried out.

Coming to the noise, it only appears under load, so using a pit etc. is out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen View Post
I consistently hear this between 1.6k and 2k rpm in all gears. Haven't noticed it at higher revs. I'm at 42k on the odo.

I plan to get the service center to have a look at this since I have to visit them anyway since the a/c has stopped cooling as well.
I've done some reading and it seems it is the turbo wastegate valve making the noise. A known shortcoming of the 1.2 TSI apparently.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th November 2019 at 12:07. Reason: Minor spacing
Viraat13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 10:12   #6454
BHPian

Quote:
Trrrr is probably a more accurate description.
I also have noticed this Trrr noise in my GT TSI since a month. The noise comes between 1800 to 2000 rpm. Best noticed with a light foot on accelerator.
Old 23rd November 2019, 00:40   #6455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
From what I know, Polo offers a static cornering light in the fog lamp, not a dynamic one like the one seen on Skoda Octavia.

I am pretty sure that on Polo, this is activated only if the headlight is switched on and the corresponding turn indicator switched on, unless I am missing something here. Can anybody else confirm this please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Ok let me check that on my car as well! But it definitely works without the indicator too, when you turn the steering with headlights on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Yes this is what is the behavior on my car also. 2017 model.
In my 2016 Highline, it only works when the headlights are on and the indicators are switched on.

Does not come on with only the steering angle with the headlights on. Is there a vcds tweak for this?
Old 26th November 2019, 14:55   #6456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I also have noticed this Trrr noise in my GT TSI since a month. The noise comes between 1800 to 2000 rpm. Best noticed with a light foot on accelerator.
Seems like a winter thing. I've got the same on mine. ~18k on the odo. Only comes under load.

I was able to capture it on a video too (at 00:03). Is everyone talking about the same noise? Any idea what it is?

veyron999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 16:24   #6457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron999 View Post

I was able to capture it on a video too (at 00:03). Is everyone talking about the same noise? Any idea what it is?
I think I know what that is. In the first 1000 kms in my Octavia I had this similar noise coming just at the same RPMs and I could hear it evidently. Upon checking it was said to be coming from the CatCon. They suspected bad fuel quality, did a system flush, removed and washed the fuel tank, cleaned the fuel lines, and it was back to normal.
Old 26th November 2019, 21:26   #6458
BHPian

Quote:
Seems like a winter thing. I've got the same on mine. ~18k on the odo. Only comes under load.

This is it!
How did you capture it?

Supposedly this is the turbo waste gate valve.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th November 2019 at 12:07. Reason: Removing url from quoted post
Old 26th November 2019, 22:55   #6459
zen
BHPian

Quote:

Yeah that's it!

I agree - there does seem to be some co-relation to cooler temperatures. I used to hear it consistently throughout the rains. Unable to do so now in warmer weather.
Old 27th November 2019, 10:51   #6460
BHPian

Typical smell above 400 rpm:
I have observed this phenomenon for couple of times now. When i take the RPM above 4000 in manual mode / S mode, i get a typical burning smell inside cabin. I like fresh air so i keep the ventilation mode off during winters and thats how i feel i get that smell from engine bay. I checked the engine and everything is normal. I am sure the smell is not normal and something needs to be done about it. Question is what? Whats the reason, is it that Turbo waste gas?
Old 27th November 2019, 10:59   #6461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Typical smell above 400 rpm: Question is what? Whats the reason, is it that Turbo waste gas?
Did you check the cabin air filter? Sometimes some nasty smell gets stuck in it and difficult to get rid off.
Old 27th November 2019, 12:36   #6462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Did you check the cabin air filter? Sometimes some nasty smell gets stuck in it and difficult to get rid off.
yeah but this smell is momentary and not permanent. It comes only when i pull the car above 4000 rpm. so i am sure its not cabin air filter. I will ask VW guys when car goes in for service next month.
Old 28th November 2019, 12:53   #6463
BHPian

Quote:
This is it!
How did you capture it?

Supposedly this is the turbo waste gate valve.
Well, it's happening pretty much every single time in this cold weather right now. Was easy to get it on video.

If it is indeed the turbo waste gate actuator/valve - what's the solution? How helpful was your SVC in diagnosing the problem?

Also, could you mention which SVC did you visit? I got my service done from VW Noida, and my experience was mediocre. Is there any SVC you'd recommend in/around Delhi?
Old 28th November 2019, 13:46   #6464
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it's happening pretty much every single time in this cold weather right now. Was easy to get it on video.

If it is indeed the turbo waste gate actuator/valve - what's the solution? How helpful was your SVC in diagnosing the problem?

Also, could you mention which SVC did you visit? I got my service done from VW Noida, and my experience was mediocre. Is there any SVC you'd recommend in/around Delhi?
You are 100% right. As the temperature has dropped, the noise has become far more apparent.

The solution is a replacement. My car is under extended warranty, so not too worried.

I'm going to VW Frontier on Mathura Road. The experience has not been great at my end either. In fact, with the paint shop it was a rather miserable experience. I was planning on trying out a new workshop (Patparganj/Noida), but they're just too far.
Old 28th November 2019, 14:37   #6465
BHPian

Quote:
You are 100% right. As the temperature has dropped, the noise has become far more apparent.

The solution is a replacement. My car is under extended warranty, so not too worried.

I'm going to VW Frontier on Mathura Road. The experience has not been great at my end either. In fact, with the paint shop it was a rather miserable experience. I was planning on trying out a new workshop (Patparganj/Noida), but they're just too far.
Okay. Mine is under warranty as well. We could possibly plan to visit the workshop together. Might help in getting more attention, and hopefully a speedier resolution this way.

Talking about the paint shop, I had a terrible experience with VW Noida as well. They charged a whopping 8k for painting the rear right side door, and quarter panel, and weren't able to match the original colour (Lapiz Blue).
I was lucky to have found an incredibly competent paint shop in Chattarpur, who brought it back to the original colour. Now one can't make out anything was ever done to the car.

I'll be happy to share the details in case someone needs it.

Last edited by veyron999 : 28th November 2019 at 14:58.
veyron999 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks