Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2019, 21:32   #6436
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Cayman360, Suhaas is correct, but here is how it works on Polo:

- Headlights must be switched on but not the fog lamps.
- Turn on the desired indicator (right/left).
- Turn the steering in the direction of the indicator, and the fog lamp comes on as part of the static cornering light
For example, if you turn right with the headlights turned on and the indicator stalk set to right, the right fog lamp comes on.
They come on without the indicators. As long as the headlamps are on, the cornering light will come on basis the steering angle.
Viraat13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 21:38   #6437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
They come on without the indicators. As long as the headlamps are on, the cornering light will come on basis the steering angle.
From what I know, Polo offers a static cornering light in the fog lamp, not a dynamic one like the one seen on Skoda Octavia.

I am pretty sure that on Polo, this is activated only if the headlight is switched on and the corresponding turn indicator switched on, unless I am missing something here. Can anybody else confirm this please?

Last edited by Vik0728 : 20th November 2019 at 21:40.
Old 21st November 2019, 00:32   #6438
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what I know, Polo offers a static cornering light in the fog lamp, not a dynamic one like the one seen on Skoda Octavia.
No. It works only basis steering angle, nothing to do with indicators.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 07:26   #6439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Nope. If the headlamps are on and you put on any of the indicators, the corresponding fog lamp does come on.
Old 21st November 2019, 07:40   #6440
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope. If the headlamps are on and you put on any of the indicators, the corresponding fog lamp does come on.
Ok let me check that on my car as well! But it definitely works without the indicator too, when you turn the steering with headlights on.
Old 21st November 2019, 07:55   #6441
BHPian

Quote:
Ok let me check that on my car as well! But it definitely works without the indicator too, when you turn the steering with headlights on.
Yes. That's what I said a couple of posts ago. What I should have said is, it also works with the indicators in addition to steering angle.

Team, I have another query. Are any of you getting that irritating brrrr noise the turbo valve makes? It's basically a noise around 2K rpm when you have your foot down 3/4th of the way. It reappears around 3.5K rpm for a bit. Further, since the temperature dipped in Delhi I've noticed that it makes the sound even when I'm lifting my foot off the accelerator 2.5k - 3k rpm. It disappears as soon as the car up shifts.

Is there a fix? Or does it need to be replaced?
Old 21st November 2019, 10:34   #6442
BHPian

Quote:

I am pretty sure that on Polo, this is activated only if the headlight is switched on and the corresponding turn indicator switched on, unless I am missing something here. Can anybody else confirm this please?
The dynamic cornering in the VW group cars works on the low beam bulbs, NOT the fog lamps. The more advanced systems sold in Europe even have TWO bulbs in the headlamp, one dynamic and the other static.

It is pure cost-cutting on VW India's part to get the fog lamps to double up as static cornering lights. And as confirmed by other members, the static cornering works both with the turn indicators and the steering wheel inputs.

Hope this clears up any confusion in your mind.
Old 21st November 2019, 10:58   #6443
BHPian

Quote:
Yes this is what is the behavior on my car also. 2017 model.
Old 21st November 2019, 11:07   #6444
anb
BHPian

Quote:

Will the cornering lamp get activated if the parking light is switched on ?
Old 21st November 2019, 11:28   #6445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
And as confirmed by other members, the static cornering works both with the turn indicators and the steering wheel inputs.

Hope this clears up any confusion in your mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Yes this is what is the behavior on my car also. 2017 model.
Thank you guys for the confirmation. I remember very distinctly that me and my friend had tried this feature when it was introduced in Ameo that he had bought. I will check this again on my 2019 GT TDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Will the cornering lamp get activated if the parking light is switched on ?
Nope, for the cornering light (Fog) to work, the headlight must be switched on and the fog lamps must be turned off (obviously).

Guys, hope I am not wrong on this as well!!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 12:11   #6446
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are any of you getting that irritating brrrr noise the turbo valve makes? It's basically a noise around 2K rpm when you have your foot down 3/4th of the way.
It was more of a trrrr, used to happen in my car too during its mid life, 20-30k kms. It stopped later probably because I shifted to K&N! not sure, but no sound anymore.

My car does make a high pitched clatter for about 3 secs after starting cold, i guess its ok, just age, close to 70k kms.
Old 21st November 2019, 12:43   #6447
BHPian

Quote:
It was more of a trrrr, used to happen in my car too during its mid life, 20-30k kms. It stopped later probably because I shifted to K&N! not sure, but no sound anymore.

My car does make a high pitched clatter for about 3 secs after starting cold, i guess its ok, just age, close to 70k kms.
Trrrr is probably a more accurate description.

I'm almost at the 40K mark. I'll just have to ask for a warranty replacement I guess. The issue is that the sound is difficult to capture on a video, and the workshop asks me to leave the car so that the warranty guy from Bajaj can inspect it.
For some reason the workshop guys are never able to reproduce the sound on their own. I wonder why.

I get that noise at start up too, but only when the car is close to needing a service.
Old 21st November 2019, 14:53   #6448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Trrrr is probably a more accurate description.

I'm almost at the 40K mark. I'll just have to ask for a warranty replacement I guess. The issue is that the sound is difficult to capture on a video, and the workshop asks me to leave the car so that the warranty guy from Bajaj can inspect it.
Is the warranty provided via Bajaj? Interesting, I didn't know this. How does that work? Or this is some VW dealership named owned & named after a different Bajaj?

As for the noise - many a times its resonance of one of the many items in the engine bay. You'll have to be really lucky for the workshop to identify it. I'd suggest you take your car to a friendly neighborhood garage that has an under-car pit. Keep the engine running & maybe ask one of the attendants to be at the wheel modulating the throttle on your signals.

Check the car carefully yourself from under the engine & in the engine bay. Try to zero-in on the source of the noise & press the components near that area. See which one stops the noise & get specifically that portion tightened / replaced / re-fastened at VWASC afterwards.

This is how I got a similar noise in my Omni & Vista fixed. Omni had a resonating catalytic converter & Vista's intercooler plumbing was resonating with under-body protection plate!

Pay the garage some bucks for using their area. They generally agree.
Old 21st November 2019, 15:21   #6449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Is the warranty provided via Bajaj? Interesting, I didn't know this. How does that work? Or this is some VW dealership named owned & named after a different Bajaj?
Bajaj Allianz Insurance, I would think. VW and BAL have a working relationship.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 15:30   #6450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Bajaj Allianz Insurance, I would think. VW and BAL have a working relationship.
But insurance company handling warranty claims also? That's new for me...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks