Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2019, 17:14   #6226
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ish View Post
SO guys,

I have an update. This is what happened to my Polo GT. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4620942 (Help! Car submerged in flood)

I am unable to find another car and thinking of buying the GT again. This time in Lapiz Blue. Colour looks beautiful.

I am getting the car for 11 lakh on-road with 6 year warranty and arm-rest thrown in.

Good deal? I really need suggestions and perspective.

Also, the fact that face-lift is coming next week which is just redone bumpers. Price is likely to go up by 20-30k.

HELP!
Go for it, the prefacelift lapiz blue. The single reason those speed warning chimes. I cant believe it comes with new 7th Gen 3er as well.

If it doesnt bother you, facelift is the way to go. Why not spend money on GTI looking GT.
Old 27th August 2019, 17:25   #6227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Go for it, the prefacelift lapiz blue. The single reason those speed warning chimes. I cant believe it comes with new 7th Gen 3er as well.

If it doesnt bother you, facelift is the way to go. Why not spend money on GTI looking GT.
Thanks!

The facelift has nothing different but the bumpers and tail-light and the grill. Mechanically and everything else is the same. So I dont see a point of payinf some 30k more for just this.
Old 27th August 2019, 21:20   #6228
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Must be the lack of real competition. I bought one recently too, knowing a more modern version is available abroad. The only other performance car with good quality inside and out from an established maker was the City with a manual gearbox. I wanted an automatic.

Last edited by Cayman360 : 27th August 2019 at 21:21.
Old 27th August 2019, 21:22   #6229
BHPian

Does the current one come the 1.2L 4 pot or has it been changed to the 1L 3 pot one? Personally, I feel they should have the 4 pot engine, even if 1L.
Old 27th August 2019, 22:06   #6230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Does the current one come the 1.2L 4 pot or has it been changed to the 1L 3 pot one? Personally, I feel they should have the 4 pot engine, even if 1L.
I don't think there's a 1 litre 4 cylinder version of the TSI engine.

What VW ought to have done is replace the ageing EA111 1.2 TSI with the EA211 1.2 TSI. The newer engine has 4 valves per cylinder and forged internals, amongst other things.

Not only is it more efficient, it's quicker and more refined!
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 07:06   #6231
BHPian

Quote:
The single reason those speed warning chimes.
The Polo already comes with warning chimes for 80 and 120, unfortunately

The mandate is that every car manufactured from July 1st needs to have them. My car is an August unit and comes with the beeps.

As much as I hate it, fact is that every other car will have it now. Also I'm hoping that there's some way to get it removed from outside. Any suggestions on the same for me and future Polo owners would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 28th August 2019, 15:15   #6232
Distinguished - BHPian

Facelift?

Looks to me like inventive to keep the Polo we have!
Old 29th August 2019, 14:08   #6233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Facelift?

Looks to me like inventive to keep the Polo we have!
I would agree that it is indeed a face-lift only if it comes with:

1. Projector headlamps
2. DRL
3. Reverse parking camera

The grill/bumper/tail lamp changes are not worth the upgrade IMHO
Turbopetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 00:38   #6234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS8939 View Post
Also I'm hoping that there's some way to get it removed from outside. Any suggestions on the same for me and future Polo owners would be greatly appreciated.
Entirely depends on how they've incorporated the beep. If it is from a separate warning buzzer, it makes sense to just rip out the buzzer/speaker.

However, if it is from the same buzzer as the one for the warning chimes, then it is likely to need a software level mod. I'm sure it won't take long for independent garages to sell this "fix" for every other car.
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 18:10   #6235
BHPian

Hello GT owners,
I am interested in getting Bilstein B6 in my GT. I am already doing petes remap in coming months. I am travelling to munich during Octoberfest and was thinking to buy and bring it along. Then i found that it comes under HAZMAT category because of compressed gas and can not be brought via passenger aircraft. It has to come through Cargo or Ship. Is that true? Anyone here have any experience of bringing suspension struts? Is it safe?

Option 1) TDC automotive UK. It will come with about 52K including customs. Installation is separate. No warranty for parts here.
Option 2) Petes is running an offer of 63500/- for GT TSI for this month excluding installation. Comes with warranty from Bilstein if needed in future.

Please suggest the best alternate.
Old 30th August 2019, 18:16   #6236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anyone here have any experience of bringing suspension struts? Is it safe?
Most of us have imported it through flights. Although a friend carried it for me and it was in the checked-in luggage, the airlines did not bother.

Courier services may require a MSDS (material safety data sheet) to be enclosed along with the invoice. Bilstein has it; search for it on Google and ask the dealer to take a print and attach it with the invoice.

Struts can be shipped through airlines. They are absolutely safe.
Old 30th August 2019, 19:18   #6237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then i found that it comes under HAZMAT category because of compressed gas and can not be brought via passenger aircraft. It has to come through Cargo or Ship. Is that true? Anyone here have any experience of bringing suspension struts? Is it safe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Most of us have imported it through flights. Although a friend carried it for me and it was in the checked-in luggage, the airlines did not bother.
Technically it is banned to be carried in an airline. But sometime you may get lucky.
Old 31st August 2019, 00:25   #6238
BHPian

Quote:
Hello GT owners,
I am interested in getting Bilstein B6 in my GT.
Please suggest the best alternate.
Hi. I bought the Bilstein B6 kit from TDC Automotive in January (Pete's gave me a quote of Rs 78,000 at that time), and while the buying experience was smooth, I faced a lot of challenges in getting them installed. I finally ended up having to buy a fresh set of the front struts, and I got them installed at Kundanmal Service which is the official Mumbai partner for Pete's. And even then, I faced issues. The struts were making a tak tak sound at low speeds over bad roads, and the springs would turn with a groaning sound whenever I turned the steering wheel. I took it back to Kundanmal, who opened up the front suspension and found that both struts had lateral play. The TDC rep says that this is normal, and is not the reason for the noise. Rishad, the owner of Kundanmal, says that if I had bought the struts from Pete's, they would have been replaced under warranty. I'm living with the noise for now. It is not a good feeling, after all the money I've spent.

Moral of the story: Given the nominal difference in prices, it makes more sense to buy the struts from Pete's. You will be assured of installation and warranty support, and have peace of mind.
TheLizardKing is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 11:16   #6239
BHPian

I was trying to repair my horn and in the process i removed both the fog lamps, i found the horn behind the right side fog lamp but behind the left side one i found a cable hanging, does anyone know the purpose of this cable? My car has been repaired recently so maybe the mechanics forgot to put it into its place
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20190831wa0001.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20190831wa0000.jpg  

Old 31st August 2019, 12:14   #6240
Team-BHP Support

That's for the second horn, should you choose to install it.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks