Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2021, 01:35   #6796
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
What coding was required? In my case, the steering wheel with paddle shifters was simple plug and play, no VCDS/OBD11 coding was required. Mine is the last lot of 1.2 GT TSI, bought in Jan 2020.
Its been a while, but this one https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post3848125 (VW Polo DIY: Mk7 Flat-bottom Steering wheel upgrade)

Maybe newer models don't need it but it was a simple flick of a button in mine.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 12:31   #6797
BHPian

Drove down from Mumbai to Pune today. When I tried engaging the cruise control on the expressway, nothing happened. No cruise indication in the instrument cluster also.

Has anyone else experienced this and any idea what could be causing this issue? I'm driving down to Hyderabad next week and would really like to have it working.
Old 20th September 2021, 11:59   #6798
BHPian

I can't seem to play music through the BT of my car. The phone connects to VW RADIO and I do receive calls through the infotainment system, but when I try playing a track on the phone it doesn't play through the car speakers. Is there a fix for this? or am I doing something wrong?
Old 27th September 2021, 12:17   #6799
BHPian

Just completed 30K happy Kms on my 1.2 GT TSI.

Of all the cars I've driven and owned, this one has been the most fun (and exhilarating) to drive. The combo of TSI + DSG, the pickup, butter-smooth gear shifts are a sheer pleasure and as other owners have mentioned, definitely a keeper. Even after 7yrs, I still look forward to the drive at every opportunity.

I have read about various owners who've had issues with the DSG and am cognizant of that. Hope that keeping to a regular servicing schedule will take care of potential issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_2348.jpg  

vraned is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 20:34   #6800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonMike View Post
I can't seem to play music through the BT of my car. The phone connects to VW RADIO and I do receive calls through the infotainment system, but when I try playing a track on the phone it doesn't play through the car speakers. Is there a fix for this? or am I doing something wrong?
Yes I’ve this issue on my car as well. It’s a 2014 model. The fix which I do when this happens is to switch off the car, take the key out of ignition and press the unlock button a couple of times.

Then when I move the key to ignition, the music starts playing again on Bluetooth.

I know this is not a permanent fix but can’t ascertain the exact cause of it. Happens at random, sometimes after a couple of months, sometimes within weeks.

I thought it was my unit which is getting faulty. But now that you also have this, guess we would need to look into it.
KapilD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 21:11   #6801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
Yes I’ve this issue on my car as well. It’s a 2014 model. The fix which I do when this happens is to switch off the car, take the key out of ignition and press the unlock button a couple of times.

Then when I move the key to ignition, the music starts playing again on Bluetooth.

I know this is not a permanent fix but can’t ascertain the exact cause of it. Happens at random, sometimes after a couple of months, sometimes within weeks.

I thought it was my unit which is getting faulty. But now that you also have this, guess we would need to look into it.
Interesting, I will give that a try. In my case it happens almost every alternative day. Pretty annoying to say the least.

I just purchased by 2015 GT TSI over a week ago now. All I can say is that this car keep surprising me every time I get behind the wheel. The gearbox is literally alien tech, and when mated to this sweet sweet engine, the power delivery is just so good. I do feel a little lag at the bottom end, but that's very easily forgotten once you get over 1500rpm.

The steering feels really direct and confidence inspiring, although it does feel a LITTLE too firm at slow speeds? Maybe I'm comparing to the likes of Hyundai etc.

I do tend on keeping her for a long time, preferably till electric car become a more affordable and viable alternative.

Mods I intend on doing:
- Auto LED headlight/taillights with Welcome/follow me home enabled.
- Touch infotainment system.
- VW Logo flip rear camera.
- Wider tyres, better rims.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-fullsizerender.jpg  

PrisonMike is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 20:13   #6802
BHPian

Hey Guys - Very keen on acquiring a GT TSI however pre-owned. Needed a hatchback and automatic specifically and dont see anything to beat this. Have driven cars like the Octavia and few beamers and I think this would be apt.

Need some guidance on how to go about acquiring a used one here in Bangalore. The dealer prices seem all over the place. What would be a fair price for models 2016-2019 please? Im looking at something under the 50k on the ODO. Ive kept aside a budget of 5.5 to 6L max. Im a serious buyer and would like to find something that suits me and close ASAP with a hassle free complete payment.

Any leads on this would be much appreciated. Cant seem to find cars being directly Sold by individuals directly.

Many Thanks !
Old 30th September 2021, 13:44   #6803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter Mile View Post
Hey Guys - Very keen on acquiring a GT TSI however pre-owned. Needed a hatchback and automatic specifically and dont see anything to beat this. Have driven cars like the Octavia and few beamers and I think this would be apt.

Need some guidance on how to go about acquiring a used one here in Bangalore. The dealer prices seem all over the place. What would be a fair price for models 2016-2019 please? Im looking at something under the 50k on the ODO. Ive kept aside a budget of 5.5 to 6L max. Im a serious buyer and would like to find something that suits me and close ASAP with a hassle free complete payment.

Any leads on this would be much appreciated. Cant seem to find cars being directly Sold by individuals directly.

Many Thanks !
It would be best to browse dealerships like Cars24, Spinny and Mahindra First Choice. You may not get a car you're looking for, but at least it can acclimatize you to the the price range.

Since you have max budget of 6L, it's highly unlikely you'll find a GT TSI with anything less than 50k, let alone between 2016-2019. I recently purchased a 2015 GT with 23k done via Mahindra First choice and paid exactly 6L. I believe I got really lucky to find such a deal. because from what I've noticed was that 2016 onwards costed at least 6.5-7L. It took me almost 6 months and 10+ test drives from different dealerships to find the right car for me.

However you could get equally lucky if you're patient and play your cards right. Maybe even browse the classifieds here at TeamBHP.
PrisonMike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 17:29   #6804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonMike View Post
It would be best to browse dealerships like Cars24, Spinny and Mahindra First Choice. You may not get a car you're looking for, but at least it can acclimatize you to the the price range.

Since you have max budget of 6L, it's highly unlikely you'll find a GT TSI with anything less than 50k, let alone between 2016-2019. I recently purchased a 2015 GT with 23k done via Mahindra First choice and paid exactly 6L. I believe I got really lucky to find such a deal. because from what I've noticed was that 2016 onwards costed at least 6.5-7L. It took me almost 6 months and 10+ test drives from different dealerships to find the right car for me.

However you could get equally lucky if you're patient and play your cards right. Maybe even browse the classifieds here at TeamBHP.
Thanks PrisonMike. Seems I am in luck as well. Stretched the budget a bit and found a 2016 White Polo GT TSi through a network of friends.

At 6.6L I got a genuine 35,000kms on the ODO Single Owner vehicle. Checked the record at VW and seems clean. Spic and span both engine and aesthetics for a 2016 model, bone stock. Quite excited and plan an upgrade for a new set of shoes and 16" alloys to start with.

Many thanks again for your inputs. Cheers !
Quarter Mile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 18:25   #6805
Senior - BHPian

Clicked during a visit to IKEA Navi Mumbai last month. Although not packed to its gills, the fact that I could accommodate a 50cmx70cm blackboard this way on top of other items is a testament to the Polo's usable boot space
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-pxl_20210904_0514048062.jpg
Old 8th October 2021, 22:27   #6806
Distinguished - BHPian

Just as you can't pack in three generations of family, you can't take three people to the airport, with their suitcases. But my wife and I have never run out of shopping-carrying space, on top of the full-time-rubbish-stuff that I fill half the boot with.

I have to say that the same was also true of my last British car, Rover 620, which was a British-badged Honda Accord. A bigger car, but the coupe style has little cargo capacity compared to a real saloon. And no shifting back seats.

It's important to love the Polo for what it is.
Old 11th October 2021, 13:07   #6807
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_1924.jpg

Khardungla pass! I recently did a Bangalore-Leh trip on my GT TSI, will try to pen down the experience soon.
anshumandun is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 17:12   #6808
BHPian

Does anyone know a good place to get some VCDS mods done in Mumbai?
Old 13th October 2021, 10:28   #6809
BHPian

Has anyone bought 7th year (last possible) add-on warranty for VW Polo? My car is completing its 6th year in Oct end and VW Downtown, Mumbai is refusing to issue the 7th year add-on warranty. This is even without inspection of the car. My car is in pristine condition and has been regularly serviced at VW Downtown. Its odo reading is also just 50000 km.

Any ideas on how to approach this? Visit workshop and discuss with them? Tweet or email VW India? The website clearly says that 7th year warranty is available.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-screenshot-20211013-10.27.39-am.png
Old 13th October 2021, 14:41   #6810
BHPian

I have a 2013 GT TSI which has run about 45k km, not used extensively. On my service visit to the VW workshop a few days ago, they told me that they need to check the suspension thoroughly after lifting the car up and I agreed. As I suspected they came out with a dire scenario for most parts of the suspension and told me I need to replace a list of them with a total expense of Rs 35k.

I have had no apparent issues with the suspension at all and see nothing that is urgent but of course the car is 8 years old, and I do intend to keep it some more years.

So now I plan to give it to a friendly neighborhood garage who also does VW cars. My question is, are VW parts easily available outside because in the past with another brand it was very difficult to get parts? Also, are there ways to order them online?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks