Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2019, 18:48   #6016
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealStig View Post
Hi, I am told by the dealership that the reverse parking camera unit would cost INR 12,500. Could someone with experience confirm if it costs as much?
Is it a Volkswagen genuine accessory? I've not been able to find a genuine VW reverse camera for Polo.
Old 29th May 2019, 18:54   #6017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
Is it a Volkswagen genuine accessory? I've not been able to find a genuine VW reverse camera for Polo.
I am given to understand that the unit is from Vento.
Old 29th May 2019, 20:34   #6018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Urgent help requested:
Anything particular to the GT which I should look out for? What is the company warranty period for this car? Any extended warranty which I could purchase as a second owner?

What features would I be missing out on this 2016 vs a new 2019 model.

Cheers
Couple of things.
Firstly, take a nice long TD in different scenarios. You don't want a jerky DSG, especially after the car having done 29k Kms. Have it checked out from a VW service centre. Also, check for its service history and any issues with DSG in the past.

Secondly, the suspension is starts making a creaky sound over bad roads. You don't want that in your "new" car. An overhaul would be a costly affair.

Do check of the previous owner had taken extended/add-on warranty. You need it for a peaceful ownership of any German.

As for the features, I guess you would miss out on HU which supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay, cruise control, rain sensing wipers and an auto dimming IRVM, I believe. Experts, correct me if I'm wrong.

You would not really miss the 16 inchers on the latest Polo. The 15s offer a better ride.

I'd leave the cost estimate to the more seasoned members of the tribe.

Hope the car is in good condition and you like it. It's a pretty little devil, this car.
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 20:49   #6019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Secondly, the suspension is starts making a creaky sound over bad roads. You don't want that in your "new" car. An overhaul would be a costly affair.
Thank you so much GrandTourer for your prompt reply. I will be taking care and checking out the points you mention.

Do suspension creaks and rattles start this early in the life of the GT? I mean generally around the 30k kms mark there should be no real suspension issues, unless the vehicle has been badly abused.

Appreciate other inputs from our team and also regarding pricing.

Will update after my inspection.

Cheers
Old 29th May 2019, 20:58   #6020
BHPian

Quote:
As for the features, I guess you would miss out on HU which supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay, cruise control, rain sensing wipers and an auto dimming IRVM, I believe. Experts, correct me if I'm wrong.
I own a Jan 2016 model and it has rain sensing wipers and an auto dimming IRVM. In fact these features were introduced in Jan 2016.

You are right about the HU. The RCD 330G doesnt support apple car play or android auto, but it does have mirrorlink (which is crap anyway IMHO)
nova9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 19:15   #6021

Hi folks,

I picked up my GT TSI earlier this month and posting for the first time on Team-bhp

The booking and delivery experience from VW Palace Cross were . I read enough about various experiences of fellow bhpians and honestly, I think I got lucky. Haven't made the time to stretch her legs yet but managed to spruce up a few things almost immediately after taking delivery.

Additions include - Air filter (K&N stock), Michelin PS4, leather seats (Karlsson), reversing camera and 3M PPF pro. Planning to address braking next, after reading up on all the work done by other owners here. Fingers crossed.

In a nutshell, after 5 manufacturers in 5 years, I can honestly say this is the most fun I’ve had driving an everyday workhorse. Quick, brutish, quite the history, a whole lotta character (love?), and the kind of German demeanour that isn’t all about precision, luxury and decisive performance but attempts to bring one back to a nonchalant box of absolute boring basics that delivers a smile every time I step on the gas!

Look forward to contributing actively.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_1449.jpg  

roopesh1326 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 20:17   #6022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Before going to see this car, I dropped in to a VW dealership and took a test drive just to get a idea and feel relatively informed about how a GT TSI should feel. The TD vehicle had done around 7xxx kms. Enjoyed the drive throughly. The showroom display car was in the new Lapiz blue colour, I am the odd one out in our team, did not like it at all.

The broker car has completed 29xxx kms and seemed quite abused by the owner. The price quoted by the dealer was INR 6.9 lacs, 2016 model. The suspension and doors were making all sorts of noises. Acceleration was not explosive as it should be. Declined and departed the dealer dejected, but really happy I had chosen to do a TD of this car earlier.

The hunt goes on

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 20:30   #6023
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopesh1326 View Post
I picked up my GT TSI earlier this month and posting for the first time on Team-bhp
Congratulations on acquiring the GT and welcome to team-bhp. Wishing you a lot of happy and fun miles ahead. Could you please let us know about your previous cars, as you mentioned you have experienced 5 manufacturers in 5 years.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 21:38   #6024

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Congratulations on acquiring the GT and welcome to team-bhp. Wishing you a lot of happy and fun miles ahead. Could you please let us know about your previous cars, as you mentioned you have experienced 5 manufacturers in 5 years.
Thanks, @pavi! I've enjoyed every mile driven from 2014 to present in my Verna, Rapid, XUV5OO, Alto K10 and now the GT. And I had the privilege to occasionally take out my late father-in-law's 1990 Maruti 800
roopesh1326 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 09:57   #6025
BHPian

Quote:
Hi folks,

Congratulations and what size are those PS4's?
keith2524 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 10:38   #6026

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith2524 View Post
Congratulations and what size are those PS4's?
Thanks! The spec is 205-50-R16. The profile is sweet, steering is a lot heavier than on the stock 195-55. The stock rims are drool-worthy!
roopesh1326 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 19:56   #6027
BHPian

Quote:
, reversing camera and...
Congratulations on your new GT TSI!

Can you tell more about the reverse camera? Did you get it installed at the showroom? What is the brand and how much did it cost? Did it integrate with the OEM HU? Thanks in advance.
Turbopetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 11:26   #6028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
Congratulations on your new GT TSI!

Can you tell more about the reverse camera? Did you get it installed at the showroom? What is the brand and how much did it cost? Did it integrate with the OEM HU? Thanks in advance.
It’s quite a basic camera tbh. I had two options - a camera that integrates to the boot opener or one that gets housed instead of the number plate light - I chose the latter as the boot opener installation needed more work/time. There’s a post on Tbhp of a gentleman getting this done, will find the link and post it here.

The one I have doesn’t give dynamic guidelines but does the job well, even in low light. And yes, the video output is on the stock HU. I got the installation done at EVO, Indiranagar and the box was from VW, assuming it’s used for Vento(?).

I’ve posted pictures below. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-ff694c3c74814b5982a4f86a4ab0bf9f.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-2e25b7d1148842609ce468a30bb70c1b.jpeg  

roopesh1326 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 18:05   #6029

Quote:
It’s quite a basic camera tbh. I had two options - a camera that integrates to the boot opener or one that gets housed instead of the number plate light - I chose the latter as the boot opener installation needed more work/time. There’s a post on Tbhp of a gentleman getting this done, will find the link and post it here.

Could you tell how much did the camera and its installation cost? If possible could you share snapshots of lowlight footage of the camera.
Old 2nd June 2019, 10:01   #6030
BHPian

Quote:
Hi folks,

The booking and delivery experience from VW Palace Cross were . I read enough about various experiences of fellow bhpians and honestly, I think I got lucky. Haven't made the time to stretch her legs yet but managed to spruce up a few things almost immediately after taking delivery.

Additions include - Air filter (K&N stock), Michelin PS4, leather seats (Karlsson), reversing camera and 3M PPF pro. Planning to address braking next, after reading up on all the work done by other owners here. Fingers crossed.

In a nutshell, after 5 manufacturers in 5 years, I can honestly say this is the most fun I’ve had driving an everyday workhorse. Quick, brutish, quite the history, a whole lotta character (love?), and the kind of German demeanour that isn’t all about precision, luxury and decisive performance but attempts to bring one back to a nonchalant box of absolute boring basics that delivers a smile every time I step on the gas!

Look forward to contributing actively.
Congrats Roopesh!

Picked up mine from them in March. Unfortunately, not the best experience especially with tons of swirls all over the car and a squeaky, springy sound from the steering right after leaving the dealership.

Wondering if you have experienced anything similar with the steering.

Also, it doesn't happen always, but the car feels a bit jerky sometimes when slowing down around the 3rd and the 2nd gear, no matter how light you are on the brakes when slowing down.

Palace Cross took the vehicle in twice to diagnose these issues, but hasn't been rectified yet. Worst thing is, the dark grey plastic under the gear lever has come back with one edge looking like someone tried to pry it open. Attached a picture of it below. Palace Cross vehemently denies making opened it up for any reason. Funny thing is, the car didn't have any jerking issues before that first service.

Been a pretty bad experience so far. Thinking of taking this up with VW. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20190426wa0002.jpg  

Last edited by rawdeal : 2nd June 2019 at 10:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks