Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2017, 06:52   #4441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
All said and done, why on earth are you willing to pay for it? It is clearly either broken by their mechanics or stolen. There is no third possibility right? Why will you offer to bear the brunt of their inefficiency?
Update: VW TRICHY actually kept their word! The service advisor called me last morning and said the ordered part has arrived and asked for a convenient time when they could send some one to fix it at home. The mechanic came home last evening, opened the fresh piece, replaced the standby and went his way.
I wasn't charged a single rupee.

VW mending their ways? 😇 One happy VW customer!
sunsetorange is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 10:49   #4442
Senior - BHPian

After a lot of deliberations (Read DSG apprehension) I finally bit the bullet and booked a Flash Red Polo GT TSI today . The fact that VW has done goodwill replacements of the DSG even after warranty ends helped me take the decision.

The car is too good to drive and I believe I can live with the fact that it has some of it's own idiosyncrasies, who doesn't.
Traveler is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 21:44   #4443
BHPian

I was one of the initial buyers. My car has run 32K Kms in four years. Since last few weeks started hearing a rattling noise from the suspension. Sent it to the dealer, but he was not ready to accept that something is wrong. Then took the car to trusted FNG. He diagnosed the sound to be from steering rack. Since my car was out of warranty, got it replaced at the FNG. The rattling was gone but had to again visit the dealership for recalibration of the steering position sensor. Steering rack was sourced from the dealership.
Had a few rattling sounds from around the dashboard. Got that too fixed at the same FNG. He used some kind of foam tape around the HU and AC console.
For door rattle I fixed it myself as described in other threads by inserting purifier pipe inside door beading.
After all these work the car is as good as new with no unwanted noise. It set me back by about 15000rs.
I think one of the weak points of this car is front suspension mounts. Have already replaced it twice in four years. Next time I am going to use powerflex purple. Have read some great reviews about it. I have already ordered it from eBay UK.

Last edited by drjanakpatel : 15th March 2017 at 21:54.
drjanakpatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 22:40   #4444
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_bajaj View Post
Dear All,

After going through all the threads and encouragement from some esteemed members, I've booked Carbon Steel Grey color Polo GT TSI. The car was booked last Sunday and delivery was promised for today. However as expected from our SA, the delivery is delayed by week due to non availability of color.
With profound grief I wish to inform that I had to cancel my booking of the car due to non professional attitude and behavior of VW Faridabad also known as Broadway Autoworld. The car was booked by SA Prince Sharma and 10 days delivery was confirmed by his sales GM Ravindra Kumar Singh. The SA also took payment of INR 4L promising the car would be delivered on time. He wanted me to transfer the complete amount by 28th for his benefit. But the truth was they never had the car available with them. Infact we later came to know that his dealership has been cancelled by VW. Both the SA and GM cheated on us by hiding this fact and then SA asking me for the payment. They kept on trying selling the white color which they had in their stock and probably wanted to clear it off.

Somehow, I have got my payment back and I would not buy VW for quite some time. The car is an absolute gem but VW experience is absolute disastrous . They must first learn to serve their customers first rather than selling products.

That's the sad end of my dream owning a VW. If somebody can share the right contact details of VW, i would like to highlight the matter to them. Although I believe that nothing would happen but still I would like to complain.
deepak_bajaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 03:03   #4445
Senior - BHPian

Don't let this experience keep you away from driving a VW. I can give you the contact details of the GM of the dealership from where I bought my Jetta last year. The dealership itself is in Noida.

Quote:
That's the sad end of my dream owning a VW. If somebody can share the right contact details of VW, i would like to highlight the matter to them. Although I believe that nothing would happen but still I would like to complain.
Old 17th March 2017, 03:15   #4446
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With profound grief I wish to inform that I had to cancel my booking of the car due to non professional attitude and behavior of VW Faridabad also known as Broadway Autoworld. ...
It's very sad to read this, and I hope that another dealer can give you an acceptable experience and a clean deal.

You mention that VW had cancelled the dealership. Seems to me that, if this is going to be meaningful to the public, they should take down the signs bearing their trade mark on the same day.
Old 17th March 2017, 05:41   #4447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The SA also took payment of INR 4L promising the car would be delivered on time. He wanted me to transfer the complete amount by 28th for his benefit. But the truth was they never had the car available with them. Infact we later came to know that his dealership has been cancelled by VW. Both the SA and GM cheated on us by hiding this fact and then SA asking me for the payment.
Why did you pay four lakhs even before confirming the availability of the car? Was that your booking amount?

A similar case was reported here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-now-what.html

Quote:
Somehow, I have got my payment back
Thank God.

Quote:
and I would not buy VW for quite some time. The car is an absolute gem but VW experience is absolute disastrous.
Absolute pleasure is always preceded/followed by a little risk. Please do not allow this sour experience to cloud your judgment and go for a different car. You dream car is just one good dealership away .

Quote:
If somebody can share the right contact details of VW, i would like to highlight the matter to them. Although I believe that nothing would happen but still I would like to complain.
As the dealer is no longer associated with VW, I doubt whether it would be of any use.

Last edited by dailydriver : 17th March 2017 at 05:42.
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 10:19   #4448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Why did you pay four lakhs even before confirming the availability of the car? Was that your booking amount?
The car was promised to be delivered by 05/03/2017 and I paid the amount on either 01/03/2017 or 02/03/2017 assuming that the PDI will be carried out either 03/03/2017 or 04/03/2017. I never thought that it could turn out to be this sore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Absolute pleasure is always preceded/followed by a little risk. Please do not allow this sour experience to cloud your judgment and go for a different car. You dream car is just one good dealership away .
VW is also party to it. They should have removed the dealer's name from their website. On top of it, they recommended me over E-Mail to this dealer.

Being in a manufacturing firm for last 15 years, I do take my customers seriously and strongly feel that only we can make difference to the customer service offered to us in our country. A MNC company with a hot shot product (which by the way has its own serious issues) expect me to hand over my hard earned money and expect no service? No thanks. I'm happy with other manufacturers who at least don't cheat me. This is my personal opinion and no intention to offend anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Don't let this experience keep you away from driving a VW. I can give you the contact details of the GM of the dealership from where I bought my Jetta last year. The dealership itself is in Noida.
Thanks for the encouragement but it is practically very difficult to manage service center of Noida from Faridabad. And as expressed above, VW should first invest in our country to provide an acceptable level of customer service rather than concentrating on selling cars alone.

I would be happy to change my decision if I can get a good response from VW India. That is why I wanted to raise this matter to them to see how seriously they treat this incident. So anyone having VW contact details please share.
deepak_bajaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 11:04   #4449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would be happy to change my decision if I can get a good response from VW India. That is why I wanted to raise this matter to them to see how seriously they treat this incident. So anyone having VW contact details please share.

Postal Address:

4th Floor, Silver Utopia
Cardinal Gracious Road
Chakala, Andheri East, Mumbai
Mumbai City District, Maharashtra
India - 400099

Phone: +91 22 3313 7000 Fax: +91 22 3313 7201

Customer Care
1800 102 0909/1800 209 0909

Last edited by dailydriver : 17th March 2017 at 11:11.
Old 17th March 2017, 14:27   #4450
BHPian

Quote:
VW is also party to it. They should have removed the dealer's name from their website. On top of it, they recommended me over E-Mail to this dealer.
With that mail you have a very strong case against them.

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement but it is practically very difficult to manage service center of Noida from Faridabad.
I bought my Vento TSI from Mathura Road, which by the way is close to you, and get service from Noida. The GM Sales at Mathura Road is a genial guy, I can share his contact details if you desire.
Old 17th March 2017, 16:45   #4451
BHPian

Quote:
With profound grief I wish to inform that I had to cancel my booking of the car due to non professional attitude and behavior of VW Faridabad also known as Broadway Autoworld.
Is this the one that is next to Thirty Six Toyota in Faridabad on Mathura Road?
Old 17th March 2017, 20:29   #4452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I bought my Vento TSI from Mathura Road, which by the way is close to you, and get service from Noida. The GM Sales at Mathura Road is a genial guy, I can share his contact details if you desire.
Yes please share the details. Although I'm not convinced at this moment but I can try. Does this one has service center also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Is this the one that is next to Thirty Six Toyota in Faridabad on Mathura Road?
Yes this is the same one near DP Doors. It is being rumored that it is taking dealership of Renault.
Old 17th March 2017, 23:57   #4453
BHPian

Quote:
Yes please share the details. Although I'm not convinced at this moment but I can try. Does this one has service center also?
I tried sending private message to you but you don't seem to have that facility yet. I wouldn't post his mobile number here in open forum. Anyway call up on their landline 011 6650 3300 and ask for Mr Karan Kapur. If you go to the showroom try to catch a tall South Indian looking guy: he is nice and knowledgable (I forgot his name).

Mention your previous experience, it might help.

Yes, they have a service centre close to the showroom, but not same complex.
Old 18th March 2017, 00:00   #4454
BHPian

Quote:
Although I'm not convinced at this moment but I can try. Does this one has service center also?
Yes, they do have a service centre. Automark Motors is the name of the company and the Dealer is Volkswagen Capital. They have dealerships of Volkswagen in various cities.

, How did you get to know they are closing down?
Old 18th March 2017, 00:06   #4455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Yes, they do have a service centre. Automark Motors is the name of the company and the Dealer is Volkswagen Capital. They have dealerships of Volkswagen in various cities.

, How did you get to know they are closing down?
Thanks for the information. I came to know first from two other dealers. I didn't believe them first thinking some sales strategy but later the SA confirmed it. In fact he had already applied and got selected in VW Gurgaon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I tried sending private message to you but you don't seem to have that facility yet. I wouldn't post his mobile number here in open forum. Anyway call up on their landline 011 6650 3300 and ask for Mr Karan Kapur. If you go to the showroom try to catch a tall South Indian looking guy: he is nice and knowledgable (I forgot his name).
Thanks. Will contact him and see how it turns out.
deepak_bajaj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks