Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2017, 23:39   #4591
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Doc, it is 60 Ah for the Polo. I had mine swapped last month to an Amaron Flo 60 Ah model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Hi. Finally changed the oem batteries to the amaron hi flo 60 Ah model. But i was in for a rude shock while changing the battery. When he removed the oem battery, it was a 36 Ah rated battery
How is this possible?. You can't just replace a 36Ah battery with a 60Ah battery. That's a huge difference. You'll kill either alternator, or the battery itself.

Also, isn't 60Ah a bit excessive for a car with a small capacity petrol engine? Such cars usually have a 35Ah setup. 60Ah is diesel territory. In fact, Honda diesel cars make do with a smaller still 45Ah unit.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 00:03   #4592
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Hi. Finally changed the oem batteries to the amaron hi flo 60 Ah model. The process as such was very smooth without much hiccups. But i was in for a rude shock while changing the battery. When he removed the oem battery, it was a 36 Ah rated battery
That seems incredibly low!

This Youtube video indicates 51 Ah for a 2011 model 1.2 TSI:

All the recommendations for a 1.2 TSI engine from this UK based website points to a 60 Ah battery.

BHPian shetty_rohan IIRC, has had the battery replaced before. Please send him a PM.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 01:16   #4593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
I believe, in addition to the camera, they added a little piece of hardware (that's what I meant by the kit in my previous post) to the 330G that's present in my GT TSI.
Hi,

Could you please post picture of the camera, is it OEM the same one available in New Vento (2017) and Ameo.

Regards.
Old 23rd April 2017, 12:11   #4594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
BHPian shetty_rohan IIRC, has had the battery replaced before. Please send him a PM.
I have put the 45 Ah battery in my Polo TSI. When I search online stores(like batterybhai.com, getbattery.in) they show 45 Ah for 1.2 petrol and 60 Ah for the diesel.
Old 23rd April 2017, 13:19   #4595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I have put the 45 Ah battery in my Polo TSI. When I search online stores(like batterybhai.com, getbattery.in) they show 45 Ah for 1.2 petrol and 60 Ah for the diesel.
This is right. My friend's Polo TSI too has 44Ah battery while my Vento TDI has the 60Ah.

Last edited by rejeen : 23rd April 2017 at 13:28.
Old 23rd April 2017, 14:26   #4596

Go to autopsyche for any mod work. They are the best in Delhi NCR.
Old 23rd April 2017, 15:59   #4597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Could you please post picture of the camera, is it OEM the same one available in New Vento (2017) and Ameo.
Here are a few pictures of the camera. I do not think it is the same as in the Ameo and new Vento.

The camera is centrally placed just above the license plate:

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_1.jpg

by the side of the license plate light:

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_2.jpg

Close-up:

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_3.jpg
asitkde is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 00:01   #4598
BHPian

Quote:
Here are a few pictures of the camera. I do not think it is the same as in the Ameo and new Vento.
Hi asitkde,

Thanks a lot for sharing picture of camera, looks like dealers have started installing aftermarket accessory. I believe the hardware kit they are talking about is the delay timer that provides power to camera for 10 seconds after you disengage reverse gear. If delay timer in not installed in camera which are not CANBUS enabled that you will get "rear view camera system is not available" error.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4163431

I feel they charged premium for this installation but its the same with all dealers.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 00:46   #4599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
looks like dealers have started installing aftermarket accessory.
=====
I feel they charged premium for this installation but its the same with all dealers.
Yes, I also felt that the camera was aftermarket and the charges were a bit on the higher side. However, the armrest was OEM, it was opened from a sealed box (with VW accessories or something like that written on it) in front of me. Compared to what others ended up paying for the arm-rest (DIY or dealer-installed), I thought mine (6k) was quite reasonable and was professionally installed at that price.

By profession I am a physicist and hence I could easily dig into the details of the camera installation, if I had the time and will at this point of time. Since parking in Kolkata is always very tight, the reverse camera is a necessity, something I needed quickly. Regardless of the price, what I liked about my dealer's approach was that they had not been interested in installing the camera at the time I had bought the car (about 7 weeks ago), since they were not happy with the solution at that time, with an extra screen etc on the dashboard. This time when I went in for the arm-rest, I enquired about the camera again, and they showed interest and said it would be nice fit now with this 'kit'.

The reason I agreed with their price is that I did not want to worry about the details of the camera installation. Since it was being installed by the dealer (with official receipts etc), I can expect it would be hassle-free, it would be immediate and it would not have any issue with warranty. In fact, I was out of there in an hour or so..

I hope the camera works out really well in real life situation. The picture is quite acceptable in my view, and you are right, the rear view persists for a few seconds after the gearshift is moved from "R".
Old 24th April 2017, 09:22   #4600
BHPian

While driving to office today I got this mileage. IS this something off the charts or have other GT owners seen this figure?

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170424-9.11.33-am.jpeg

Also, few days back an elderly man, bumped into the right side fender. I now have an ugly looking dent on a new car and it is an absolute eye sore. Should I take it to the ASS or should I go to a FNG. Any recommended body shops in and around South Delhi??
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170424-9.13.01-am.jpeg
Old 24th April 2017, 09:28   #4601
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknebula View Post
While driving to office today I got this mileage. IS this something off the charts or have other GT owners seen this figure?

Attachment 1632370
Thats not Mileage that's average Speed
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 10:03   #4602
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo GT Sport variant now appears in VW's website,

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-1.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-2.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 10:56   #4603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Polo GT Sport variant now appears in VW's website,
But there is still no specification sheet available on the website or otherwise. Last weekend during my visit of the showroom, I asked if they have the brochure or any information on the specs of the new Polo GT TSI with 16" rims. Nothing is available so far. The specs at the VW website are still for the older version with 15" rims.

The GC of the previous version with 15" rims was 165 mm. After the switch to 195/55/R16 tyres, the GC should increase by 9 mm to 174 mm. However, there is a possibility that they may have tweaked the suspension. In that case, the GC may generally be expected to be different from 174 mm. My car with 16" rims appears to grip better on turns with more feedback on the steering (especially with the Conti MC5s) than the memory I have of my two test-drives in cars with 15". Hence I am interested in the new numbers.
Old 24th April 2017, 14:27   #4604
BHPian

Quote:
The reason I agreed with their price is that I did not want to worry about the details of the camera installation. Since it was being installed by the dealer (with official receipts etc), I can expect it would be hassle-free, it would be immediate and it would not have any issue with warranty. In fact, I was out of there in an hour or so..
Sorry if I have missed the post: how much did the camera cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknebula View Post
I keep looking for km/l but can't find any in your photo. It's km/h!

Quote:
Also, few days back an elderly man, bumped into the right side fender. I now have an ugly looking dent on a new car and it is an absolute eye sore. Should I take it to the ASS or should I go to a FNG. Any recommended body shops in and around South Delhi??
Attachment 1632371
VW Atrica does a very good job of denting and painting. While their showroom is in Patparganj, the workshop is in Noida. They have a proper paint booth in their basement. If there is no paint chipping off they will just do denting, which will cost quite low. However if re-painting is required they will repaint whole front bumper, which will cost Rs.3000+.
Old 24th April 2017, 16:44   #4605
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
They quoted me 175 GBP shipping charge for Rotors and a full suspension kit, so even if the pads weigh more it looks steep. �� Shipping cost for rotors alone is 77 GBP.

Yes, we need to use tarox pads for better braking.

I assume the duty is on product invoice and does not apply on shipping charge.
Just had an online chat with AwesomeGTi rep. It looks like there was a severe price hike on shipping costs with the couriers - maybe they adjusted for weakening of British pounds!

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-awesomegti-chat.jpg

But still a hike of 100 pounds is insane

EDIT1: Found another site that sells Tarox rotors.

http://www.ricambituning.it/en/produ...r=Polo&md=2315

The rotors cost 195 Euros and the shipping is 130 Euros, which works out to 22K.

EDIT2: Tarox also has an online stores. The total including shipping works out to 340 Euros

http://www.tarox.co.uk/product/front...6r-09-1-2-g88/

Last edited by graaja : 24th April 2017 at 17:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks