Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2017, 15:16   #4651
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Sid, could you please let me know the name of the technician that you dealt with in the VW Andheri Workshop. I intend taking my car there over the weekend for a similar diagnosis.
Hi cedricsg,

Apologies for missing your earlier post. I dealt with SA Kishan Mishra & Technician Zubin at VW Andheri. Also apart from them, other SAs also seemed fairly aware of the issue as well as its diagnosis.

Cheers,
Sid.
sidparekh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 12:34   #4652
BHPian

For last seven years I a using Polo High Line (P). No major issues till date. (Touch wood).

Being first generation Polo my car does not have -
1. Electrically operated mirrors
2. Music control on steering.
3. USB slot on music system.
4. Mirror on Passenger side sun visor
etc. etc.

Now that Car is 7 years old, I was thinking of replacing the same with GT-TSI.

After reading posts here, I am now wondering whether I should go for GT-TSI or stick to Highline. (Or even contintue with my existing car). Are DSG knocking as well as braking issues very common to GT-TSI?

The dealer told be that only GT-Sport is available. Personally, I did not liked black roof, spoiler and side graffiti. That has become another minus point.

Dealer is suggesting me to go for Vento highline DSG which after discount is selling for 1.26 L additional cost to Polo.

Bit confused. Any advise?

Last edited by CANPUSH : 19th May 2017 at 12:35. Reason: One spelling error
Old 19th May 2017, 14:36   #4653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
For last seven years I a using Polo High Line (P). No major issues till date. (Touch wood).
============
After reading posts here, I am now wondering whether I should go for GT-TSI or stick to Highline. (Or even contintue with my existing car). Are DSG knocking as well as braking issues very common to GT-TSI?

Dealer is suggesting me to go for Vento highline DSG which after discount is selling for 1.26 L additional cost to Polo.
If you need the extra space and legroom of Vento TSI , please go for that . If you still need a fun to drive car Polo GT is the one . Please note the newest model is High-line Plus with LED headlight & DRL's with some more new features . Since the dealer is offering you discount it might be the older one .

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th May 2017 at 15:18. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
csnanjappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 15:02   #4654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
==========

I was in a similar situation having owned the Polo(P) HL for 4 years. The GT TSI is however, a truly elevating experience. I have now owned the TSI for about two months (1300 kms on the odo) and there is not even a hint of the issues that you mention,
Ultimately, of course its your decision.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th May 2017 at 15:17. Reason: Fixed quotes
vkr15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:04   #4655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post
A quick update for all Bhpians who face a similar issue with the DQ200 DSG as above.

Apologies for the long post, just hope this can be of help to people who are facing similar issues with the DQ200.

P.S.: Total warranty claim amount by the dealer from VW was around 76k. I called the SA the same day and sheepishly handed him a cheque of 16k for a +2 years Extended Warranty. I have a copy of the invoice with the details of the parts replaced, will upload it in case anyone needs it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Sidparek, can you help with the technician name from Mumbai West workshop. I am having the same issue.
Quick update on the above issue.
Firstly, a big thank you to Sid for being able to figure this out and identifying the issue. This has been plaguing me every since I heard the sound in my car almost 3 years ago. This could not have been more timely as I run out of my extended warranty tomorrow (23 May). Based on his feedback, I called up the service head of VW Palace Cross in Bangalore and explained the issue. He just listened to me and did not commit anything, and asked me to bring in the car for inspection. He added that a technician would accompany for a test drive for however long it took to reproduce the noise upon explaining that the noise appears only in certain circumstances.

We then took the car on Friday (19 May) and reported the problem so that it falls within the Extended Warranty window. It took us about 40 mins to recreate the sound - finally happened after we drove it up on an incline. He recognized the problem as a clutch issue and immediately took a video of it. It would be helpful for everyone who has the issue to take a video next time they face this noise - it will help in documenting and explaining the problem without having to drive extensively to create the sound. The technician however started claiming that this would not be covered under warranty as this is treated as wear and tear similar to brake pad wear (which is absolutely ridiculous as the DSG is supposed to work for life without having to open it up). Similar stories by the Customer Exec. back at the showroom. I have to add that the good folks at VW Palace Cross tried their hardest to get out of the warranty claim citing whatever reasons. At no point were they helpful and on the customer's side - nothing along the lines of "We'll see what we can do" or "We'll try to bring whatever we can under warranty", just a blanket no or leaning towards no.

At this point, we furnished the document shared by sidparekh which clearly showed that the part replacement was covered under warranty. Only after this, the guys there started considering that this could be a potential warranty claim . Even then, they were doubtful stating that this is covered under Original Warranty, not the Extended Warranty (which has a few exclusions). We had to fight our way into getting them to consider this as part of the Warranty. Threats of consumer court action also had to be made

The next day, the car was looked at in more detail and we received a more positive message from them stating that this will most likely be covered in the Warranty. They went on to say that even if the 4 years had expired, VW would have borne part of the costs as this is a major internal fault which should not have occurred in the first place. A technician from VW would come in and check the car and apply for the claim accordingly. The part will probably have to be sourced from Germany as per the technicians. Next update would be provided in a day or two.

As things stand now, it looks like it will take a fair bit of time for the issue to get resolved. Looking at the historical behavior of VW Palace Cross, I foresee hardship ahead in getting this sorted :(. Very disappointed as to how this has been handled till now by VW Palace Cross

My message to BHPians facing this issue,
  1. Take a video of the issue for easy reference and problem explanation
  2. VW dealer might try to weasel out of warranty claim - so be strong in your stand and do not relent
  3. Get the list of components from sidparekh as solid proof
  4. Get an Extended Warranty (if you haven't already - more a general advice)

Big shoutout again to sidparekh and Team BHP - without which I would never have been able to identify the issue and start the resolution process
aditya9567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 15:20   #4656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post
I have a copy of the invoice with the details of the parts replaced, will upload it in case anyone needs it.
Hi sidparekh,

I am a jittery owner of a 18k run 16 month-old Octy TSI. Will you upload the relevant parts of the invoice anyway? It may help us in the future!
Old 22nd May 2017, 17:01   #4657
BHPian

Hi guys, I have a 7 year old punto which needs to be replaced with a new car. Abarth punto and GT TSI are the shortlisted cars. So confused between them.

I drive around 5-6k a year, the convenience of an auto is needed in mumbai at the moment, but the GT costs around 12.2 large ones on road( including the leatherette seats and rear cam options+ Company reg) On the other hand, the Abarth will cost me around 9.0 Lakhs with discounts ( on road + company reg)

DSG + TSI combo is amazing, but the sheer brute force of Abarth can't be ignored.

Any one has any idea about

1) Future of FIAT in india( or the car is going to be a fatherless child after a few years)

2) When is the new GT 2017 getting launched in India??

Thanks.

Last edited by MihirC : 22nd May 2017 at 17:23.
Old 22nd May 2017, 17:42   #4658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Hi guys, I have a 7 year old punto which needs to be replaced with a new car. Abarth punto and GT TSI are the shortlisted cars. So confused between them.
The only available Abarths right now are 2015 manufactured. I wouldn't recommend going for them personally without a very hefty discount, as they will be 2 years old when you take them. Heavy depreciation. Even if you decide to take the plunge it would be a good idea to get new tyres, batteries & all fluids replaced for free as a part of the deal.
Old 22nd May 2017, 18:54   #4659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was in same dilemma, couple of months back with regards to the 2015 manufactured Abarth. The best deal that was offered to me was 10.2L on road which did not make any sense given the car was 1.5 years old already.

Finally, I sold off my Punto and settled for a Used 2011 Jetta at less than half of its worth when it was new. Was lucky to get a thoroughly maintained 40K run Jetta and I am quite happy that I saved a lot of moolah already
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 19:25   #4660
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:

The abarth's Achilles heel lies in the ergonomics and 'rubbery' gearbox. As you have been driving a Punto for a long time the abarth should be your best bet because in other departments it's just got no competition, be it the steering, ride, handling, braking, built quality and those 145 horses coupled with diesel like torque.

I would suggest you to do a thorough PDI if you are interested in old stock and get all the necessary things changed like tyres etc. If you intend to keep the abarth for long time then resale and depreciation should not matter to you. And lastly bargain hard. In Pune a 2016 manufactured Abarth is available for 9.8 lacs ONR.

Alternatively you can check the second hand market. Today in olx I saw one white abarth '16 available for 7.5 lacs with 22.2k on the ODO.

It's a rare breed which is future proof as far as power is concerned and as GTO says, it can give you the fun what a car that costs 2-3 times more would.

In case you want to go for an auto, go for the TSI hands down.

Best of luck.

Last edited by Waspune : 22nd May 2017 at 19:27.
Old 22nd May 2017, 22:17   #4661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
The only available Abarths right now are 2015 manufactured. I wouldn't recommend going for them personally without a very hefty discount, as they will be 2 years old when you take them. Heavy depreciation. Even if you decide to take the plunge it would be a good idea to get new tyres, batteries & all fluids replaced for free as a part of the deal.
On average i believe cars depreciate @10-15% a year, considering that a 20-30% discount would be my thinking. ( which i did manage for my Punto when i bought it in 2010) in addition to the tires battery etc with you mentioned above. Thanks.
Old 22nd May 2017, 22:18   #4662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I was in same dilemma, couple of months back with regards to the 2015 manufactured Abarth. The best deal that was offered to me was 10.2L on road which did not make any sense given the car was 1.5 years old already.

Finally, I sold off my Punto and settled for a Used 2011 Jetta at less than half of its worth when it was new. Was lucky to get a thoroughly maintained 40K run Jetta and I am quite happy that I saved a lot of moolah already
Wow thats a good deal man and a major upgrade! congratulations
Old 22nd May 2017, 22:25   #4663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
The abarth's Achilles heel lies in the ergonomics and 'rubbery' gearbox. As you have been driving a Punto for a long time the abarth should be your best bet because in other departments it's just got no competition, be it the steering, ride, handling, braking, built quality and those 145 horses coupled with diesel like torque.

I would suggest you to do a thorough PDI if you are interested in old stock and get all the necessary things changed like tyres etc. If you intend to keep the abarth for long time then resale and depreciation should not matter to you. And lastly bargain hard. In Pune a 2016 manufactured Abarth is available for 9.8 lacs ONR.

Alternatively you can check the second hand market. Today in olx I saw one white abarth '16 available for 7.5 lacs with 22.2k on the ODO.

It's a rare breed which is future proof as far as power is concerned and as GTO says, it can give you the fun what a car that costs 2-3 times more would.

In case you want to go for an auto, go for the TSI hands down.

Best of luck.
Im not so lucky when it comes to used cars mate! not one of the lucky ones. I test drove the GT TSI a couple of times and will be taking more TD's but let me tell you, for a car purist who needs his HPS, enough bite in the brakes, Polo Gt TSI comes close to Punto Abarth in steering feel and braking. The first gen polo 1.6 that i had driven ages back had a "dead steering" VW has improvised in the past few years on their drawbacks.

Having said that, the test drive of the abarth leaves me giggling like a 5 year old kid! something which the TSI couldn't. The TSI seems more mature, well behaved, gentlemanly so to say. Abarth is a monster !!
MihirC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 00:07   #4664
BHPian

Quote:
Im not so lucky when it comes to used cars mate! not one of the lucky ones. I test drove the GT TSI a couple of times and will be taking more TD's but let me tell you, for a car purist who needs his HPS, enough bite in the brakes, Polo Gt TSI comes close to Punto Abarth in steering feel and braking. The first gen polo 1.6 that i had driven ages back had a "dead steering" VW has improvised in the past few years on their drawbacks.

Having said that, the test drive of the abarth leaves me giggling like a 5 year old kid! something which the TSI couldn't. The TSI seems more mature, well behaved, gentlemanly so to say. Abarth is a monster !!

Yes abarth is for the purist. Then you must go for the abarth. What's stopping you? A 2015 manufactured Abarth doesn't exactly mean problem provided you do a thorough PDI and get the appropriate discount.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 01:59   #4665
BHPian

Quote:

I have driven neither of the two cars but always glued to both the threads just out of curiosity and keen interest. I have always been a Maruti fan just because of its reliability factor, after sales and resale value. However, I am tempted to test drive both the cars and intend to buy one of these two. The 7 speed gearbox fascinates me but the thought of 'monster' image of Abarth just makes me go berserk. Incidentally, on my way back from office today I saw a black Abarth and could not resist myself from following it for a while till the time it's acceleration made it disappear. I read the 2017 Abarth is due sometime soon in the next few months with minor changes and if so, I think it would be worth the wait. I am not sure whether one would be available for a TD in Gurgaon though I am sure VW will have one for TD. I will seriously give Abarth a shot just by the mere image it has got and the fun factor it is being associated with. Please continue to share your views. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks