Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2016, 11:53   #3691
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Hi,

Where would we find fusebox layout of Vento/Polo TSI? I did not find this behind fusebox cover or owner manual.

Regards.
Old 14th February 2016, 17:12   #3692
BHPian

I just got the new GT, 3 days ago and am lovin' it.

A question for folks that have this model. I'm trying to sync my address book with the RCD 330G and the sync always fails. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+.

My wifes Samsung A8 syncs perfectly, my S6 doesnt. Anybody here have similar issues?

Thanks
nova9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 17:29   #3693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
Painted alloys, grill, grill and trunk emblems, and the chrome part on the front bumper, customization ends there. Maybe will go for dual colour emblems, checking Aliexpress for best deal. And yes removed the GT/TSI badges, mainly I hate chrome and don't enjoy colouring them

VCDS was showing 115BHP and 210Nm torque with stock map I'm not technically sound enough to understand things to core, will try to meet them personally and gather more info on that.
Congrats on your GT! Speaking as a long term owner of this car, you'll always have a smile plastered on your face when you're driving it. Wishing you many happy KMs on it.

Could you please share some more pics of the painted alloys and the other changes? I was planning to go for a similar paint job (gloss black on existing alloys) and its great that someone has done it and looks fantastic.

Stock map with such high figures? 104 bhp and 175 Nm are the stock numbers if I'm not mistaken

Cheers
Old 15th February 2016, 14:35   #3694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
I just got the new GT, 3 days ago and am lovin' it.

A question for folks that have this model. I'm trying to sync my address book with the RCD 330G and the sync always fails. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+.

My wifes Samsung A8 syncs perfectly, my S6 doesnt. Anybody here have similar issues?

Thanks
Could you please share some more information on the new features of the new infotainment system. Also does it have a rear parking camera or visual guide? The sales people seem to be quite clueless since they haven't yet received a demo car.
Old 15th February 2016, 15:02   #3695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crhysis View Post
Could you please share some more information on the new features of the new infotainment system. Also does it have a rear parking camera or visual guide? The sales people seem to be quite clueless since they haven't yet received a demo car.
Wow, then i guess i must be on the first few to get the new model, in fact i got the delivery just 5 days after it was launched at the auto expo

Sure, the unit is the RCD 330G. It has a touch screen monochrome interface.

It doesnt have navigation or a rear parking camera. The old audio proximity alert has been retained and still doesnt mute the music when you are reversing. I would have loved it if the unit muted or lowered the music thats playing so that one can hear the proximity alert.

The SD card and the usb port have been moved to the bottom of the interface which is way better than the old unit in which you had the dummy media button.

There are 8 programmable presets for FM and AM to store your favorite stations

You can pair your phone with the unit via bluetooth and take and make calls as well as SMS's. There is a keypad that appears which lets you type like how you would on your phone.

The unit supports import of contact and sms's from your phone, i however has not been able to do this successfully with my Samsung Galaxy s6 edge+. I however could import contacts from a Galaxy A8, so not sure if the issue is with the car or my phone.

Mirrorlink was one feature that had me excited when i heard about it, however after checking it out, its more of a gimmick at this stage, as it only supports a handful of apps. (13 at the time of writing this)

More info at mirrorlink.com

Sygic navigation seemed promising at first, but its about $30 for the paid version and is extremely archaic compared to google maps or here maps.

Another irritation is that the menu nuttons of sygic and the menu of the head unit overlap at times, so you would need to keep changing the orientation of the units menu ( which you can either orient to the right side or the bottom)

The rain sensing wipers only work when you set the lever to the on position. After that they change speed/stop as per the intensity of the rain. Pretty sweet.

The autodimming mirror is brilliant and im really pleased with it.

Let me know if you want to see pics or a video and i can shoot one for you

Cheers
nova9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 15:32   #3696
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, then i guess i must be on the first few to get the new model, in fact i got the delivery just 5 days after it was launched at the auto expo
Let me know if you want to see pics or a video and i can shoot one for you

Cheers
Please share a few pics of your beauty along with pics of new added features.
Any discount were you offered?
which dealer?
Old 15th February 2016, 18:32   #3697
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, then i guess i must be on the first few to get the new model, in fact i got the delivery just 5 days after it was launched at the auto expo ..
Thanks much. That was quite a comprehensive answer. Sorted out all my queries.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th February 2016 at 18:37.
Old 15th February 2016, 19:14   #3698
BHPian

Hello Folks
Had the first service done in December wherein had opted for the AC pollen filter to be checked too. After they service noticed a foul smell emanating from the vents. Took it back where they accepted the fact. Car was kept for a day as had other issues of jerks and lag. Problems seemed sorted, until last week when the foul smell once again emerges on start of the car. It fades once the AC is switched on, but persists on a fresh start up. Have once again complained to the SA and have taken an appointment. Any pointers, advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Vishyvish : 15th February 2016 at 19:16.
Old 15th February 2016, 19:32   #3699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
Got the baby monster last Thursday. It's just unlimited fun when you drive your own baby TSI. Upgraded tyres to 205/55/R15 Yoko S drives, 99% happy with the comfort and ride quality so no plans to upsize to 16 inch. Painted alloys, grill, grill and trunk emblems, and the chrome part on the front bumper, customization ends there. Maybe will go for dual colour emblems, checking Aliexpress for best deal. And yes removed the GT/TSI badges, mainly I hate chrome and don't enjoy colouring them
Hi, how much did alloy painting cost? Also pl post some front shots of the emblem and grill in black. Also pl post if you find some good emblems from Aliexpress.
Old 15th February 2016, 19:56   #3700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishyvish View Post
Hello Folks
Had the first service done in December wherein had opted for the AC pollen filter to be checked too. After they service noticed a foul smell emanating from the vents. Took it back where they accepted the fact. Car was kept for a day as had other issues of jerks and lag. Problems seemed sorted, until last week when the foul smell once again emerges on start of the car. It fades once the AC is switched on, but persists on a fresh start up. Have once again complained to the SA and have taken an appointment. Any pointers, advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
This exact thing happened to me. Suggest you change the AC filter & if the problem still persists, get an AC disinfection done from VW. They connect the machine near the AC filter on the passenger side & ask them to keep it running for atleast 15 mins. I stood there while it was being done at the exterior/interior cleaning bay of 3M at VW Andheri workshop. I haven't faced any problems after that. I'm also using activated charcoal deodorizer. Hope it gets sorted. Cheers!
Old 15th February 2016, 20:17   #3701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Please share a few pics of your beauty along with pics of new added features.
Any discount were you offered?
which dealer?
I got it from Volksvagen East (Chembur, Mumbai). I had negotiated a 15k discount on the earlier model even though it was a Jan 2016 manufacture.

This one obviously didnt come with any discount, but still worth every penny

Will put up pics soon!
nova9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 20:30   #3702
BHPian

I face a similar issue. Whenever I pass through thick foul/pungent smell outside, it creeps in slightly. But the smoke from other vehicles (even beside a heavily loaded kersone-run kind of smoke/smell never enters the car). People who know silk board (Bangalore) knows that a sewage drain kind of thing passes exactly through the side of ORR and my car pulls in that smell whenever I pass that area. (I am double sure that I have kept the air circulation to inside only). I am not sure to take the car to service centre for this issue, they might give me more issues once they return the car. Anyone else facing the same?
Old 15th February 2016, 20:37   #3703
BHPian

@polo_ankit
Disinfection was done during first service due to high dust factor. The appointment is at Andheri and lets hope the issue is resolved. Had some issues during first service which was advised to VW customer care, so aye am not backing off now.
Thanks for you input. Some indication that this issue does exist with others.
Old 16th February 2016, 16:36   #3704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Hi, how much did alloy painting cost? Also pl post some front shots of the emblem and grill in black. Also pl post if you find some good emblems from Aliexpress.
Alloy painting cost me Rs. 4800. Well the alloys is not exactly black, it's a mixture of dark violet + dark grey, but in photos it will look black.

Sure I'm looking at these emblems.

Here are the pictures for you
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20160211_171627_1.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20160211_171700_1.jpg  

GT145 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 17:20   #3705
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, the unit is the RCD 330G. It has a touch screen monochrome interface.
Are you sure its a monochrome display ? i thought its a color display on GT. Could you post few pics please ? Is new infotainment system compatible with USB 3.0 ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks