Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2016, 21:09   #3781
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdrive View Post
The VW website give very little info about GT. No info about colours.
Any one know about it ?
You mean the colors in which the GT is available? Red, white and grey.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 21:34   #3782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander View Post
Picked up the GT last friday.
Congrats on that car.

Just out of curiosity, doesn't the GT come with indicators on the ORVMs? Fairly sure this is true for CL and HL Polo models as of 2015 and later.
Old 18th March 2016, 22:28   #3783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Congrats on that car.

Just out of curiosity, doesn't the GT come with indicators on the ORVMs? Fairly sure this is true for CL and HL Polo models as of 2015 and later.
Commander picked up a GT of the batch previous to the previous batch cos he got a hefty discount! There was a sizable discussion on that too.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 20:26   #3784
BHPian

When I am driving my GT TSI at a low speed, between 25 kmph and 35 kmph in D mode, I hear a very low frequency hum. It increases with acceleration and above 35 kmph just vanishes (probably the frequency is increasing and I do not hear it anymore). The AC and all electricals inside cabin are turned off. I hear it coming from the passenger side. I have checked the left wheels for anything that might be stuck and brushing against the body, but could not locate anything.

Any thoughts what I should further look into? The car is due its first service in June.

Note to mods: I thought this thread is the best to post about the issue. Please feel free to move the post to a more apt thread.

Cheers,
Srinivas
Old 19th March 2016, 23:14   #3785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasnvns View Post
When I am driving my GT TSI at a low speed, between 25 kmph and 35 kmph in D mode, I hear a very low frequency hum. It increases with acceleration and above 35 kmph just vanishes (probably the frequency is increasing and I do not hear it anymore). The AC and all electricals inside cabin are turned off. I hear it coming from the passenger side. I have checked the left wheels for anything that might be stuck and brushing against the body, but could not locate anything.

Any thoughts what I should further look into? The car is due its first service in June.

Note to mods: I thought this thread is the best to post about the issue. Please feel free to move the post to a more apt thread.

Cheers,
Srinivas
That's the turbo burping,

On a serious note, i think what you are hearing is the GT's turbo spooling up before the kick. Pretty normal i would say and i hear it all the time when you build up speed at leisure.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 09:33   #3786
BHPian

Ahh I see. Thank you drpudhi for the note. If that is indeed the turbo, I am surprised to hear it in the cabin. Shouldn't the bonnet insulation prevent it? Just thinking out loud.

-Srinivas
Old 20th March 2016, 13:23   #3787
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ahh I see. Thank you drpudhi for the note. If that is indeed the turbo, I am surprised to hear it in the cabin. Shouldn't the bonnet insulation prevent it? Just thinking out loud.

-Srinivas
Hi Srinivas,

Maybe if you can take a small video with the sound and post it here, someone may be able to identify the issue (if any). You could also take it to the dealer and get it checked.
Old 20th March 2016, 23:29   #3788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi Srinivas,

Maybe if you can take a small video with the sound and post it here, someone may be able to identify the issue (if any). You could also take it to the dealer and get it checked.
Hi graaja,

I was able to capture the hum today on video. Between 0:03 and 0:06 the hum is clearly audible. You might have to use a headset and bump up the volume a bit. As you can see from the video, I am doing around 35 kmph @1700 rpm. All windows were up, AC and other cabin electricals were off.

-Srinivas
Old 22nd March 2016, 10:08   #3789
BHPian

I have covered 1700 KM and can now officially use Sports mode
I avoided it till I crossed 1500. Man sports mode is something else

I have two observations so far...
  1. I can hear the suspension hiss quite well when coasting at lower speeds over
  2. undulating roads. No complaints on the suspension but is the hissing sound normal? This is with all windows rolled up.
  3. While reversing if the front wheels are on the edge of a curb then the car moves forward when I release the brakes before starting to reverse. This caused a panic situation recently since I took her close to a tree and had to reverse. The car kept moving forward and I almost hit the tree. Since then I avoid going too close to objects if I need to reverse and I know the slope is against me. These situations call for the handbrake? I though the hill hold function works in reverse as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
Meanwhile is there anyone who shipped any products with China Airmail from Aliexpress. Any idea on how the customs dealings are done in India with China Airmail. I'm badly waiting for front grill emblems but they seems stuck at customs :(
I have done this a lot with ebay.com, aliexpress, dx.com, ... and usually don't have an issue. It all depends on how big, heavy the package is and the value declared by the seller. The customs are usually looking for iphones and stuff. If its a low value package it usually gets cleared in 2-3 days depending on the load at customs. I just got a parcel yesterday and you can see here that it took 3 days to clear customs.
Old 22nd March 2016, 12:02   #3790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
I have covered 1700 KM and can now officially use Sports mode
I avoided it till I crossed 1500. Man sports mode is something else

I have two observations so far...
  1. I can hear the suspension hiss quite well when coasting at lower speeds over
  2. undulating roads. No complaints on the suspension but is the hissing sound normal? This is with all windows rolled up.
  3. While reversing if the front wheels are on the edge of a curb then the car moves forward when I release the brakes before starting to reverse. This caused a panic situation recently since I took her close to a tree and had to reverse. The car kept moving forward and I almost hit the tree. Since then I avoid going too close to objects if I need to reverse and I know the slope is against me. These situations call for the handbrake? I though the hill hold function works in reverse as well!

I have done this a lot with ebay.com, aliexpress, dx.com, ... and usually don't have an issue. It all depends on how big, heavy the package is and the value declared by the seller. The customs are usually looking for iphones and stuff. If its a low value package it usually gets cleared in 2-3 days depending on the load at customs. I just got a parcel yesterday and you can see here that it took 3 days to clear customs.
The suspension hissing is normal. I had the same query a few months back and looks like this behavior is normal.

I havent felt the behavior with the reverse gear. i will verify the same and update.
ngauravmalhotra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 17:47   #3791
BHPian

Quote:
Hi graaja,

I was able to capture the hum today on video. Between 0:03 and 0:06 the hum is clearly audible. You might have to use a headset and bump up the volume a bit. As you can see from the video, I am doing around 35 kmph @1700 rpm. All windows were up, AC and other cabin electricals were off.

-Srinivas
I might have gotten rid of the audible hum. I spent time cleaning the wheel wells and also the tires. Turns out that there was a big stone embedded on the inside edge of the left front tire. It was cut and polished due to the run and was a big pain to get it out. I believe it was hitting the road and sound was travelling through the well into the cabin. I went on a long drive testing my hypothesis; did not hear anything both on good tarmacs and bad ones. Hopefully I won't get to hear it at all in the future.
Old 26th March 2016, 21:05   #3792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
[*]While reversing if the front wheels are on the edge of a curb then the car moves forward when I release the brakes before starting to reverse. This caused a panic situation recently since I took her close to a tree and had to reverse. The car kept moving forward and I almost hit the tree. Since then I avoid going too close to objects if I need to reverse and I know the slope is against me. These situations call for the handbrake? I though the hill hold function works in reverse as well!
Hi Sansa, are you saying that the hill hold doesn't work while reversing?
I am not sure if I understand your concern correctly. While would you need to put in reverse gear when you're gonna go back naturally to reverse while upslope or are you trying to reverse while down sloping? I have observed that the hill launch only works while upslope on my Vento TSI. I am new to automatic and may be wrong.
Old 26th March 2016, 21:24   #3793
BHPian

Hi all! This is regarding the Touchscreen audio head unit in the 2016 GT &highline variants.

The VW Radio app for iOS works like a charm! Has anyone been using it?
Old 27th March 2016, 12:49   #3794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Hi Sansa, are you saying that the hill hold doesn't work while reversing?
I am not sure if I understand your concern correctly. While would you need to put in reverse gear when you're gonna go back naturally to reverse while upslope or are you trying to reverse while down sloping? I have observed that the hill launch only works while upslope on my Vento TSI. I am new to automatic and may be wrong.
Yes, I think the hill hold doesn't work in reverse gear in a slope when the car is pointing downhill. I haven't confirmed this on a sloping road but I have experienced this while the front wheels are on the edge of the curb. I put the car in reverse gear and let go of the brakes and the car slid forward on the curb instead of holding and reversing.
Old 27th March 2016, 16:51   #3795
BHPian

Just an update from my end in case anybody else here had an issue importing contacts to the RCD330G while using a samsung S6 edge+

Well, i just updated to android 6.0.1 and today lo and behold it just imported the contacts on its own as soon as i started bluetooth and the phone paired with the head unit.

So it was an android issue and not an issue with the RCD330G

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks