Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2016, 23:28   #3916
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
. Don't think Polos/GTs ever came with spare remote key.
Yes, they did. My 2012 Polo came with two remote keys. When I found that my 2014 car did not, I thought it was mean cost cutting. I then recalled that the spare key for my previous car had never been out of our spare-key box!
Old 2nd July 2016, 23:36   #3917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi Tanveer,

Can you please suggest where exactly to buy the most genuine OEM steering with paddles as I am very keen on that?

Thanks a lot.
Cheers.
Hello! I have replied to your pm as well have a look, Also you might want to check this thread out.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...l-upgrade.html
Old 3rd July 2016, 00:15   #3918
BHPian

My polo tdi 2016 comes with 2 remote keys. By the way can u please tell me how this cornering lights work?? I have never seen my corner lights working when turning left or right with indicators, fog lights and low beam in lit condition..
highwaypatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 01:00   #3919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
My polo tdi 2016 comes with 2 remote keys. By the way can u please tell me how this cornering lights work?? I have never seen my corner lights working when turning left or right with indicators, fog lights and low beam in lit condition..

Its the fog lights that work as cornering lights. So when fog lights are on, nothing will happen Turn off fog lights and turn,you will see fog lamp of that side glowing. Not exactly how a cornering light should work,but i find it useful since i don't drive with fog lamps on.
sid93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 02:42   #3920
Distinguished - BHPian

It seems like a joke to me. Turn on the fog lamps and you can turn either way!

I do us the fog lamps, a lot, in my city streets.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 13:18   #3921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
Its the fog lights that work as cornering lights. So when fog lights are on, nothing will happen Turn off fog lights and turn,you will see fog lamp of that side glowing. Not exactly how a cornering light should work,but i find it useful since i don't drive with fog lamps on.
Thanks ... now i realised that the compartment next to fog lamp is actually a dummy as i cant see any bulbs inside. I was under the impression that this corner compartment is one which acts as cornering lights along with the regular fog lamps.

One more change VW brought in the new 2016 polo is the much more brighter LED cabin lights. The new series warm white LEDs are so bright to even read comfortably at night. The one which i took delivery yesterday was a May 2016 make model. Earlier versions seems to be having normal bulbs as my friend who took delivery of the same in 2015 dec confirmed it.
highwaypatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 22:11   #3922
BHPian

Guys,
I was testing the Cruise Control system in Polo MPI. I observed that in some situations due to the momentum of the car the speed of the vehicle increases than that of the cruising speed. Was testing this feature in one of the ghats section assuming that the car would maintain the cruise speed but i think that does't happen that way. I have not tested it in uphill drives though.
My understanding is that the cruise control can only increase the acceleration to the set speed but it would not brake if the speed is more than the cruising speed.

Any experienced petrolhead please comment who knows the Cruise Control system in and out of VW cars.
Old 3rd July 2016, 22:22   #3923
kat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Guys,
I was testing the Cruise Control system in Polo MPI. I observed that in some situations due to the momentum of the car the speed of the vehicle increases than that of the cruising speed. Was testing this feature in one of the ghats section assuming that the car would maintain the cruise speed but i think that does't happen that way. I have not tested it in uphill drives though.
My understanding is that the cruise control can only increase the acceleration to the set speed but it would not brake if the speed is more than the cruising speed.

Any experienced petrolhead please comment who knows the Cruise Control system in and out of VW cars.
Cruise control system doesn't apply brakes but only cuts off the fuel when the current vehicle speed goes above the set speed. So, during downhill driving the momentum of the vehicle is more than enough to create an acceleration effect even though fuel is cut off. I think this is normal functioning of all cruise control systems. And usually in such scenarios, if the vehicle speed goes above the set speed by more than a limit (like 10kmph) , then the cruise control system will automatically switch off cruise control.
Old 3rd July 2016, 23:12   #3924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

If you have activated the cruise control for instance on 100 kph and your going downhill the car will naturally cross the set speed and again maintain 100kph once the surface is flat, The car won't accelerate once the set cruising limit is crossed and when the surface is flat again the car will eventually slow down and again maintain the desired speed.

I actually turn off cruise control on incline and decline both just because i prefer having complete control on incline and declines.
Old 4th July 2016, 10:40   #3925
BHPian

The way I use the cruise control on the Jetta is, i set a speed, say 80 kph when cruising on the highway. In case I need to get a move on to overtake a truck soon, I use the buttons on the steering wheel to increase the speed by multiples of 10, so press it once, and it becomes 90 kph. Once I am done with the overtaking move, I reduce the speed to 80 kph again.

And I swear I can feel the car brake automatically. Tanveer is this how it works?
Old 4th July 2016, 11:12   #3926
BHPian

Well thanks for reply.

Ok by knowing the dynamics of CC system,I think it would be best to go uphill with the cruise control set to 15KMPH(for steep incline) in second gear or say 10 KMPH in first gear (incline +traffic).

How about this for a thought. As we know a lot of clutch burnout happens on inclines where you have a stop and go traffic. Is it possible to use CC in such situations ?
Old 4th July 2016, 11:14   #3927
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I was driving around a 2015 Renault Clio last week in France & this had a brilliant version of cruise control that controlled speed both downhill & uphill. It also had the ability to keep a speed limit in memory, which kicks in again automatically if you have to use the brake or accelerator for a short period (15 secs, I think) due to traffic. I thought of researching a bit & found this online:

http://www.motoring.com.au/cruise-co...behavin-17887/

Last edited by gsurya : 4th July 2016 at 11:16.
Old 4th July 2016, 11:28   #3928
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
The way I use the cruise control on the Jetta is, i set a speed, say 80 kph when cruising on the highway. In case I need to get a move on to overtake a truck soon, I use the buttons on the steering wheel to increase the speed by multiples of 10, so press it once, and it becomes 90 kph. Once I am done with the overtaking move, I reduce the speed to 80 kph again.

And I swear I can feel the car brake automatically. Tanveer is this how it works?

I guess Jetta has Hill Decent Control, which is why it can brake automatically. Polo can only accelerate to set speed,not decelerate. I haven't tested it by decreasing the set speed,but my GT TSI does shoot the set speed in declines. Ill check and confirm this though. BTW how do you increase speed in multiples of 10? In polo it increases by 1kmph :(

PS: i still cant figure out how CC works in manual transmission. Can we change gears after setting? Or will it disable CC? If yes, i guess its very difficult to use in India.

Last edited by sid93 : 4th July 2016 at 11:32.
Old 4th July 2016, 11:41   #3929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
PS: i still cant figure out how CC works in manual transmission. Can we change gears after setting? Or will it disable CC? If yes, i guess its very difficult to use in India.
I dont think even the latest versions of CC allow changing of gear & retain limit set.

But what I have seen is a clever workaround: allow a short period of acceleration or deceleration while retaining limit. In a Renault Clio I drove last week in France, it was about 15 secs. Just enough to handle traffic & overtaking maneuvers.
Old 4th July 2016, 13:48   #3930
BHPian

Quote:
Well thanks for reply.

Ok by knowing the dynamics of CC system,I think it would be best to go uphill with the cruise control set to 15KMPH(for steep incline) in second gear or say 10 KMPH in first gear (incline +traffic).

How about this for a thought. As we know a lot of clutch burnout happens on inclines where you have a stop and go traffic. Is it possible to use CC in such situations ?

CC can only be used for speeds above 40kmph

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks