Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2016, 13:57   #4051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
The 7.5k / 6 month inspection is nothing but just inspection. They will only inspect the car, oil levels etc, give it a good wash, attend to the issues faced by the customer (if any) and that is all.
It is in no way linked to the service schedule as such, which remains at 15k Kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier.
I ask this because during th 7.5k inspection the SA entered details in the service schedule bookley and he put the next service km as current km + 7.5k and next service date as current date + 6months. i was wondering if that had any significance to warranty.
Old 15th September 2016, 21:17   #4052
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

So I have finally taken the plunge and booked a white Polo GT TSI for myself. The wait begins
Aston Singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 22:11   #4053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Call me crazy, but I ordered the arm rest before booking the car
There were news articles that spoke about VW launching a special edition for Diwali. It is supposed to come with the arm rest and other new features.

https://www.rushlane.com/updated-pol...-12201116.html
Old 15th September 2016, 23:16   #4054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
There were news articles that spoke about VW launching a special edition for Diwali. It is supposed to come with the arm rest and other new features.

https://www.rushlane.com/updated-pol...-12201116.html
Not sure what rushlane is smoking there - those features are already there in the polo and vento. Only new things rumored is the stuff that comes with the all-star edition aka rims, headlamps and arm rest.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 00:41   #4055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Not sure what rushlane is smoking there - those features are already there in the polo and vento. Only new things rumored is the stuff that comes with the all-star edition aka rims, headlamps and arm rest.
My thoughts exactly, my Jan 2016 Tsi has all those features mentioned, except for the arm rest and i dont think the polo would be getting DRL's as per their "article"
nova9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 08:25   #4056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
My thoughts exactly, my Jan 2016 Tsi has all those features mentioned, except for the arm rest and i dont think the polo would be getting DRL's as per their "article"
I think there's only the updated Vento lined up for Diwali which will have LED headlamps and black alloys (top model I suppose)

I haven't heard/read about any Polo update coming this Diwali. If there is one then by Oct first week or so there will be confirmation regarding the same.
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 09:11   #4057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Hi Anshuman, can you tell me how much the duty was? I am looking to order one and would like to know what I can expect my bottom-line to be.
I have a correction to make to my previous reply to this. When Fedex just asked me for some forms to be filled, I thought that there is no custom duty but when the package was delivered, I had to pay a duty of Rs 1093. There was a proper receipt of this. Custom duty was 600 change, 300 were warehouse charges for customs department and rest some miscellaneous charges.
anshumandun is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 12:12   #4058
BHPian

Guys from where should I buy a reverse camera for the GT and does VW ASS install it if you buy it from somewhere else? Also, are there any warranty concerns if one opts to get the reverse camera installed?

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th September 2016, 13:57   #4059

Hello.
I have done 35k on my gt tsi.

1. Recently got brembo break pads on the car. After a week, had a spirited driving for 10km with good use of brakes. When I came to halt, there was bad smell and smokes from the brakes. Has not happened before anytime on the stock break pads. Any help?

2. Got yoko s drives 205/55r15 last week on the stock alloys. Got a puncture in the tyre next day. Should I be prepared for this happening often?

Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 14:39   #4060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish13 View Post
Got a puncture in the tyre next day. Should I be prepared for this happening often?
My belief is that it is just chance, and that the same nail/screw/etc would puncture any tyre.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 16:51   #4061
BHPian

Quote:
Guys from where should I buy a reverse camera for the GT and does VW ASS install it if you buy it from somewhere else? Also, are there any warranty concerns if one opts to get the reverse camera installed?
Irrespective of brand I doubt any authorised service centre will install accessory bought elsewhere. If you know the service engineer well, he might, though unofficially.

You may already know this, the reverse camera of the Ameo can be installed on Polo and Vento. It cost 40,000 Rupees at an authorised service centre.
Old 20th September 2016, 18:23   #4062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
You may already know this, the reverse camera of the Ameo can be installed on Polo and Vento. It cost 40,000 Rupees at an authorised service centre.
40 grand!!
Got to look for alternatives. Definitely not looking to spend such an exorbitant amount for a rear view camera !
Old 20th September 2016, 18:56   #4063
BHPian

I got mine done when I bought the car in 2014 from the dealer. It cost me 10 grand. So if you have good equations with the dealer, try it.
Old 20th September 2016, 19:30   #4064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post

Common Guite, you gotta be kidding !!

If you got that kinda money to blow up, I would strongly recommend the following as a much better option:

http://www.vagtune.in/secure/car-typ...olf-rgb-detail

@ Aston Singh - From what I know, as long as no electrical cables are spliced/cut, warranty claims will not be a 'Major' concern. You can also explore various (much cheaper) options available from Aliexpress as well.
Old 20th September 2016, 20:53   #4065
BHPian

I am not kidding guys. I enquired at multiple dealers. You replace the entire music system with that of the Ameo. If you are okay with detached screen they have two options for about 8k rupees.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks