Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2016, 02:05   #4156
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Take a test drive. Drive thru your daily commute route. Take multiple test drives.
Thanks! That seems a good idea. I just found out a friends flatmate has a GT TSI. Going to see if I can take her for a spin for a few hours. And take more test drives from dealerships too.

If all goes well, I'm just waiting for the new minor refresh of the car with the reverse camera, and armrest before I book mine. One SA seemed to be talking about DRLs in the next refresh but that seems a tad fanciful, no? Especially considering the GTI launching. I'm sure they'd want to set it apart from the regular GTs.
Old 6th November 2016, 02:56   #4157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebanaff View Post
Especially considering the GTI launching. I'm sure they'd want to set it apart from the regular GTs.
The GTI is going to be just 99 cars. It isn't going to affect anything. It'll barely even exist.
Old 6th November 2016, 08:53   #4158
BHPian

Hello people. This is my 1st post on tbhp forum after having got membership approval a couple of days earlier. Elated!
Im planning to acquire a Polo GT TSI as my 1st car, and being a newbie, need some advice regarding the following
1. How is the After Sale Support of VW? (I heard there were issues. Should I be worried about that in Delhi?)
2. What is the feedback regarding its performance in Delhi-like traffic?
3. Is there any specific dealer in Delhi who I can rely upon for a hassle-free pre-sale, sale and post sale experience?
Thanks in advance.
Old 6th November 2016, 20:24   #4159
BHPian

Hello. Are the new HU a direct plug n play for the 2014 Gt? Or does it need a BCM change?
Old 6th November 2016, 20:32   #4160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax_SP View Post
Hello people. This is my 1st post on tbhp forum after having got membership approval a couple of days earlier. Elated!
Im planning to acquire a Polo GT TSI as my 1st car, and being a newbie, need some advice regarding the following
1. How is the After Sale Support of VW? (I heard there were issues. Should I be worried about that in Delhi?)
3. Is there any specific dealer in Delhi who I can rely upon for a hassle-free pre-sale, sale and post sale experience?
Thanks in advance.
1. A.S.S support is fine as far as my personal experience is concerned. They even fixed problems that I forgot to tell them
2. It will do well in traffic no problem at all. For most situations D mode will do. It you want to be like a honey bee, all darty and agile, then there is always S mode
rageshgr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 21:24   #4161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
1. A.S.S support is fine as far as my personal experience is concerned. They even fixed problems that I forgot to tell them
2. It will do well in traffic no problem at all. For most situations D mode will do. It you want to be like a honey bee, all darty and agile, then there is always S mode
Thanks for a prompt reply!
I read that the city mileage hovers around 8kmpl - 9.5kmpl, with a max of appx 14kmpl on highway! Is that what most automatics now a days are capable of?
Old 7th November 2016, 08:15   #4162

Quote:
I read that the city mileage hovers around 8kmpl - 9.5kmpl, with a max of appx 14kmpl on highway! Is that what most automatics now a days are capable of?
City - from personal experience 10kmpl is about right if you are forced to take one hour to cover 20kms. This is with AC and a smooth driving style. If you are aggressive like blasting off signals only to stop again in another 50 mtrs this will drop off to 8 or even lesser.

Highway though is much higher than 14, I've clocked 18-19kmpl easy with moderately aggressive driving.

Driving style is equally important to traffic conditions when thinking about mileage. It defers from person to person. My dad manages to easily get 3-4kmpl more than I do on the same routes with the same traffic conditions. Honestly, I've personally witnessed it and I don't know how he does it. I guess, sheer will power! ;-)
rohn52 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 08:42   #4163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
First of all congrats! Welcome to the club. It looks delicious in Red. I am surprised about the tyre pressure. My fuel lid says 29/29 with 2 front pax. 32 f and 35 r with 5 pax and luggage. Can you post a snapshot of the fuel lid?
Thank you rageshgr. Attached photo of the fuel lid:
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20161106_083758-large.jpg  

TheStig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 09:15   #4164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
What I can say is that there is a definite change in the behavior of VW Sales and Service personnel after the scandal. I've gotten really good sales support while purchasing my car (May 16) and service there after when I had some issues with the brake lining in the rear brakes of the car. As for Delhi related questions, well I'd allow someone from Delhi to answer those.

Also there is some insider news that VW might be changing the engine in the GT TSI to EA888 (110HP, 1.2 DOHC) in 2017. The production of the current 1.2 EA211 has been stopped and no more engine kits are being imported since the last 3-4 months. This engine is way more potent and apparently does 110HP at the wheel. So maybe you might want to wait a while!

Last edited by reignofchaos : 7th November 2016 at 09:16.
Old 7th November 2016, 09:55   #4165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post

Also there is some insider news that VW might be changing the engine in the GT TSI to EA888 (110HP, 1.2 DOHC) in 2017.

This engine is way more potent and apparently does 110HP at the wheel. So maybe you might want to wait a while!
That is great "News" reignofchaos if it actually materialises

There have been many reports/data to support the theory that VAG groups usually share the actual numbers 'At the Wheel' unlike the other manufacturers who share the Engine Output figures at the Crank.

Considering the fact that VW have recently launched the GTI at preposterous price and the 'Rumours' floating around about the more 'Affordable GTI' from VW, this could well be it.

Dream On - 2017 VW Polo GTI (India ONLY) with 120 BHP & 200 NM Torque
Old 7th November 2016, 10:19   #4166
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohn52 View Post
Highway though is much higher than 14, I've clocked 18-19kmpl easy with moderately aggressive driving.
Check this post
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
My car does have a fresh dose of Engine Oil via the 1 yr service I did last week. But, I have been seeing 18+ on good highways pretty consistently even with an 15K old Engine oil
I did a Pune-Thane-Pune trip over the weekend. And MID showed 22 for Pune-Thane leg (downhill) and 19 for Thane-Pune leg (uphill).

You will surely get much better milage in Delhi and the plains. Winters will help too.
Mumbai-Pune involves climbing up 600 m in elevation. The good part is I can use Cruise Control to drive at 85-90 and get excellent FE.

Once you get off the highway, FE goes for a toss sad but true
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 10:26   #4167

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
36f 33r is quite far off from the 29psi I always fill up according my 2015 documentation. I have the Apollo Alnacs as stock. Have they changed the stock tires?
rohn52 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 10:28   #4168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
That is great "News" reignofchaos if it actually materialises

There have been many reports/data to support the theory that VAG groups usually share the actual numbers 'At the Wheel' unlike the other manufacturers who share the Engine Output figures at the Crank.

Considering the fact that VW have recently launched the GTI at preposterous price and the 'Rumours' floating around about the more 'Affordable GTI' from VW, this could well be it.

Dream On - 2017 VW Polo GTI (India ONLY) with 120 BHP & 200 NM Torque
Actually for the cars sold in India so far, the numbers are at the crank. GT TSI is roughly 90 HP at the wheel in stock state of tune. However the EA 888 engine is probably under rated for tax/emission benefits in the EU.

The Affordable GTI doing rounds could be VW thinking of plonking the national petrol engine (1.4 TSI ) in the Polo. This is strictly speculation though. However such a car does exist in China and the EU (where its called the Blue GT).
Old 7th November 2016, 10:49   #4169

Quote:
I've been consistently filling in 29psi as per 2015 documentation. 36f and 33r seem to be way off - almost 20% for f. I have the stock Apollo Alnacs. Have you been provided different stock tires?
Old 7th November 2016, 12:49   #4170
BHPian

Quote:
I've been consistently filling in 29psi as per 2015 documentation. 36f and 33r seem to be way off - almost 20% for f. I have the stock Apollo Alnacs. Have you been provided different stock tires?
Quote:
36f 33r is quite far off from the 29psi I always fill up according my 2015 documentation. I have the Apollo Alnacs as stock. Have they changed the stock tires?
Quote:
Yes I am really surprised. Either they have stuck the wrong sticker, or they did this to increase fuel economy. Or, something fundamentally has changed. Can you cross check with your user manual also? Because 29/29 and 32/35 (full load) has been the norm so far

Quote:
Well not all, because many ancient 4 speed Torque Converters will give lesser economy. DSG can give good mileage on light throttle. But ya your numbers are pretty much on par.
These are my experiences
Sedate city drive in medium traffic: 9 kpl
Aggressive city drive in medium traffic: 7.5-8 kpl
Sedate city drive on light traffic : 11 kpl
Sedate Highway drive : 14-16 kpl
Aggressive highway drive - 10-11 kpl

Last edited by rageshgr : 7th November 2016 at 12:54.
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks