Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2016, 20:37   #4186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
60K Service update:
Congrats on the mileage clocked, I guess this makes it the highest clocked DSG vehicle on this forum. I own a Rapid DSG which has clocked 28K now. Happy to see that long term reliability is not really a concern now. ASS also seems to have improved a bit.
abhjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 08:21   #4187
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
DSG Oil Change:
Bopanna(General Manager) spoke to VW technician, and confirmed that Polo does not require oil replacement.
DSG Oil is sealed for life, but you can force service guys to change the oil if you really want to do it. You can find more details about DSG Oil Change here.
GT145 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 11:45   #4188
BHPian

Is it normal for the front suspension to make "woosh woosh" (Shocks doing their work) sound while going over bumps? I can hear it in my month old Polo GT when the windows are rolled down.

Last edited by capslock : 15th November 2016 at 11:51. Reason: Added more explanation
Old 15th November 2016, 12:17   #4189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock View Post
Is it normal for the front suspension to make "woosh woosh" (Shocks doing their work) sound while going over bumps? I can hear it in my month old Polo GT when the windows are rolled down.
I do see the same in my 2 month old Vento TSI and I guess this is expected.
nagarjun is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 12:46   #4190

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock View Post
I got concerned about this during the first few days as well.. it's totally normal though.
Old 15th November 2016, 15:40   #4191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9567 View Post
From my experience, driving sensibly using the triptronic mode / paddle shifters return atleast 10-20% better FE than driving similarly in the D mode. I've analysed the reason behind this and what I think is that in D, you are always a gear more than what the optimal should be and therefore you end up lugging the engine and also using more fuel to reach a particular speed whereas in the manual mode you are at the optimal gear and achieve the speed using relatively lesser fuel. The above is obviously true if you're not driving like a maniac. I've seen that 1700-2500 rpm is the best to achieve max efficiency when the turbo is spooled up and provides quick acceleration.

Another of my observation is that this DSG provides better efficiency with sensible driving than other ATs and even the Polo 1.2 manual for that matter when you're on the move. But takes a b-i-i-i-g hit in slow stop and go traffic.

Cheers!
Agree.
On a recent trip to Mumbai from Pune via the Expressway, my Vento TSI returned around 17.5 KMPL with 2 people, 2 bags and speeds around 100-120 kmph using cruise control.
At times the instantaneous mileage reading also went up to 19.1 kmpl.!!
All through out I was driving in D mode.

Also, this reading was for home-home, so it was a mix of city+highway conditions.

Thanks

Last edited by Mitz : 15th November 2016 at 15:44. Reason: add more info
Old 15th November 2016, 15:58   #4192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
She's here!
Took delivery on Friday and have clocked 800 kms. Dying to use the car in sports mode!
Congratulations!

White looks great on the TSI, especially with the contrast-black ORVMs.

Where did you take delivery from in Pune? Was it Vidyut Motors or B.U.Bhandari?
Old 15th November 2016, 16:04   #4193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
Congratulations!

White looks great on the TSI, especially with the contrast-black ORVMs.

Where did you take delivery from in Pune? Was it Vidyut Motors or B.U.Bhandari?

Thanks Abhishek! White does look good! Plan to get the roof and the alloys painted as well.

I took delivery from Ahmedabad. (Purchased through CSD - defense personnel)
Old 16th November 2016, 02:16   #4194
BHPian

Just Got the Insurance(Oriental Insurance) mailed to me for my new GT which i took delivery last week.The total insured value is given 8.70 lakhs in it wherein i have paid 10.50 lakhs on road.I know insurance is not calculated on the onroad price but still need some clarifications here in my case as to how they came up with this numbers.The premium i paid is 29k.
Old 16th November 2016, 02:38   #4195
Senior - BHPian

IIRC the IDV is 95% of the ex showroom price of the car.

What surprises me is that how the car was invoiced & delivered without a cover note in place. In fact the vehicle can't even be registered without an insurance cover in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Just Got the Insurance(Oriental Insurance) mailed to me for my new GT which i took delivery last week.The total insured value is given 8.70 lakhs in it wherein i have paid 10.50 lakhs on road.I know insurance is not calculated on the onroad price but still need some clarifications here in my case as to how they came up with this numbers.The premium i paid is 29k.
Old 16th November 2016, 08:01   #4196
BHPian

Quote:
60K Service update:
All my earlier services were done in VW Whitefield, and this time when I spoke to them, came to know that many of old people have moved out(including the manager). So, decided to take the car to VW Mysore for the servic
Hi Rohan,
I am surprised you went to mysore for car service. What about the VW palace cross people ?
Didn't you find any other service centre that is worth in blr ?
Old 16th November 2016, 10:38   #4197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Hi Rohan,
I am surprised you went to mysore for car service. What about the VW palace cross people ?
Didn't you find any other service centre that is worth in blr ?
I have not been to VW Palace Cross, but when compared to VW Whitefield it is way better.
For instance
- VW Whitefield services close to 100 cars, whereas I could see only handful of cars in Mysore. The Service bay was as big as VW Whitefield. In VW Whitiefield, they take lot of time in moving in/out cars(because of the lack of space and more number of cars)
- In VW Mysore, two technicians spent around three hours on my car.
- You can be with your car(during the service)
- Unlike Bangalore, in Mysore everybody has lot of time :-), Even the GM spends couple of minutes with every owner.
- I had been complaining about the steering rack problem to VW Whitefield, but this was not rectified. In Mysore, as soon as they took the trial, they told there is a problem, and it could be replaced under warranty.
shetty_rohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 11:58   #4198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
IIRC the IDV is 95% of the ex showroom price of the car.

What surprises me is that how the car was invoiced & delivered without a cover note in place. In fact the vehicle can't even be registered without an insurance cover in place.

Well, I had got a copy of the insurance when the car was delivered (Nov 1st)but didnt check out the idv value then.Moreover the car is still not registered but running with temp reg.As per the dealer registration will be happening this week.
Old 20th November 2016, 07:18   #4199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
I Just took delivery of my Polo GT TSI yesterday after waiting for more than 2 months post booking. The only issue i had was that the spare key i received was not remote .when i asked the executive he said for GT only one remote key will come. Is it true, because I remember seeing Fellow Bhpians here getting two remote keys for their GT.
Hey... @lancer_maniac Wanted to check when did you book your GT TSI. I booked it in Aug and yet to get a date from dealer. Hence checking.

Also does the GT now come with Arm rests? or any of the cosmetic upgrades from Allstar?
Old 21st November 2016, 09:54   #4200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinz View Post
Hey... @lancer_maniac Wanted to check when did you book your GT TSI. I booked it in Aug and yet to get a date from dealer. Hence checking.

Also does the GT now come with Arm rests? or any of the cosmetic upgrades from Allstar?
I booked during the mid of July and took delivery the first of this month ,a little more than what they promised, which was three months.But they were citing production issues as the reason.(Have to check its authenticity though) I guess you should get it by next month.

And No ,the GT doesn't come with any cosmetic upgrades from Allstar. Atleast they could have given the armrests which comes even with the Ameo now .They will give it as a accessory though but for a price which i personally found it to be steep (10k).Im checking out other options currently.
lancer_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks