Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2016, 03:21   #3706
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Are you sure its a monochrome display ? i thought its a color display on GT. Could you post few pics please ? Is new infotainment system compatible with USB 3.0 ?
My bad. You are right its a color display, but the use of white predominantly in the interface with such subtle color use made me think its monochrome..

For mirrorlink i use my Galaxy S6 edge+ and connect it with the USB interface that comes with the phone, which i believe is USB 2.0 and the interface that comes with the unit doesn't look like 3.0. not sure though

Here is a quick video I shot with my phone. hence the break in the continuity when filming as i forgot to turn on bluetooth on my phone.

I can get you some DSLR footage over the weekend when i have the time, please forgive the sloppy phone camera work.

Cheers!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th February 2016 at 13:17. Reason: Please avoid typing.... like.... this.... Thanks!
nova9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 13:13   #3707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
you are right its a color display, but the use of white predominantly in the interface with such subtle color use made me think its monochrome.
Thanks a lot nova !

We do have an exclusive review of RCD 330G available on Team BHP

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ento-ameo.html

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th February 2016 at 13:18. Reason: Quoted post edited.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 09:21   #3708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
Alloy painting cost me Rs. 4800. Well the alloys is not exactly black, it's a mixture of dark violet + dark grey, but in photos it will look black.

Sure I'm looking at these emblems.

Here are the pictures for you
They sure look good.

There are lot of old forums of painting vs powder coating. Did you check the pros and cons of both? Even I want to paint/powdercoat the alloy, but not sure which is better.
What I understand from reading some reviews is that painting has a chance of peeling off in one year's time, but the positive side is that painting has lot of color options to choose from.
Powder coating has less peel off effect, but still could peel off in 2 years time. Downside being less color options to choose from and alloy will be treated to almost 180 degrees which can affect the chemical properties of the alloy.

May be the new age paint is able to hold longer than the earlier ones? What is the life told by the shop who painted it for you?
Old 21st February 2016, 11:40   #3709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
They sure look good.

There are lot of old forums of painting vs powder coating. Did you check the pros and cons of both? Even I want to paint/powdercoat the alloy, but not sure which is better.
What I understand from reading some reviews is that painting has a chance of peeling off in one year's time, but the positive side is that painting has lot of color options to choose from.
Powder coating has less peel off effect, but still could peel off in 2 years time. Downside being less color options to choose from and alloy will be treated to almost 180 degrees which can affect the chemical properties of the alloy.

May be the new age paint is able to hold longer than the earlier ones? What is the life told by the shop who painted it for you?
Powder coating will last a bit more than painting but it will cost you double it seems and will also affect the strength as far as I'm aware, I could be wrong. I do all my paint jobs at RedFox Autocare Cochin normally they don't say any warranty. But we do have another GT with their alloy paint job which is running strong for more than 2 years.
GT145 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 09:36   #3710
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am taking delviery of a white GT TSI by the end of this week. The Jury is still out on who gets the car. I am hoping my wife will agree to drive my Jetta so I can commute in the Polo, but we'll see. Any recommendations on how to run in the engine?

cheers

imp
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:03   #3711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post

Hi Guys,

I am taking delviery of a white GT TSI by the end of this week. The Jury is still out on who gets the car. I am hoping my wife will agree to drive my Jetta so I can commute in the Polo, but we'll see.
Hey imp!, i have a funny feeling that you are not going to win this battle buddy

Jokes aside, congrats on your 'To-be' acquisition and I believe this iteration of the GT you are getting is the latest one with Touch scree, camera, etc

Running in is the most vital part of a new car ownership and this almost certainly will impact the car. You can start off by going through the following threads from experts here:

- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html

- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...-your-car.html

- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...r-new-car.html
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 13:40   #3712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey imp!, i have a funny feeling that you are not going to win this battle buddy
I get the same feeling man!!

Thanks for the info Vik, I've read these threads and even used similar run in techniques in the past. I was just wondering if things have changed over the years since the thread was first started.
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 17:06   #3713
BHPian

Brought home a CS Grey GT TSI on 14th of Jan for my wife. Mine is the 2015 version without the latest updates.
So far driven 1500 kms and its always a fight between me and wife to drive the car . Absolutely fantastic car to drive. Converted a hard core manual guy like me into an Automatic loving one.

Now the not so good part. Lot of rattles from dash board especially the instrument cluster. Somewhere read about 2 screws which needs to be tightened. The whole dash needs to open for this or it can be done in an easier way ?
Both driver side window glass rattle.
A tick tick sound comes from the steering when turning at parking speeds.

Any pointers for above. Haven't taken the car to ASC for these. Hate to give a new car to ASC grease monkeys for fixing these issues .

Also how many spare keys do we get and of what type. I mean we got one key with remote and the second is only a key without any remote buttons. So every time i take out the car for a spin i have to ask my wife for the keys !! A car costing more than 10L and only one useable key !!
Or has the dealer misplaced my key and took me for a ride by saying that VW provides this only !
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:23   #3714

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post

Now the not so good part. Lot of rattles from dash board especially the instrument cluster. Somewhere read about 2 screws which needs to be tightened. The whole dash needs to open for this or it can be done in an easier way ?

Any pointers for above. Haven't taken the car to ASC for these. Hate to give a new car to ASC grease monkeys for fixing these issues .

Or has the dealer misplaced my key and took me for a ride by saying that VW provides this only !
I faced the rattling sound too but I could quickly attribute it to the front passenger side seat belt lock/bracket. Quick fix - I stuffed a tissue between the bracket and the lock. You could check if its the same for you.

Window glass rattling and the steering noises seems crazy in a new car. I would show it to the service guys and get it fixed under supervision. Volkswagen do call for feedback during the first couple of months if I remember correctly. Feel free to voice your feedback, they do get the showroom's service center to call back.

Tough luck with the keys. Its the same for everyone. During delivery I was told in case I need a replacement remote key, it would cost around 10-15k. I am not sure whether I heard that right, was too eager to start driving ;-)
rohn52 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 01:14   #3715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Brought home a CS Grey GT TSI on 14th of Jan for my wife. Mine is the 2015 version without the latest updates.
Now the not so good part. Lot of rattles from dash board especially the instrument cluster.

Any pointers for above.
I feel for you bro. I got mine on the 11th of Feb and thank god ive not faced any of the issues you face. Even a little noise in a new car is a major irritant, IMO

I face a jerk when it down shifts from d3 to d2. I've read that people faced this issue and got it fixed with a firmware update to the DSG.

Given that i have the latest model (with rain sensing wipers, auto dimming mirror etc, reason i point this is i dont know what they are calling it officially. I Think the prior one was called face lifted tSI?) so shouldnt the firmware be updated by default?

Do you face this issue? And could those folk who got the firmware update and eliminated this issue chime in... was it a DIY or did the workshop guys update it for you?

Thanks!
Old 23rd February 2016, 09:21   #3716
BHPian

Quote:
I face a jerk when it down shifts from d3 to d2. I've read that people faced this issue and got it fixed with a firmware update to the DSG.

Do you face this issue?
Thanks!
I have not faced the D3 to D2 jerk in my car. Its reasonably smooth.
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:52   #3717
BHPian

Quote:

Given that i have the latest model (with rain sensing wipers, auto dimming mirror etc, reason i point this is i dont know what they are calling it officially. I Think the prior one was called face lifted tSI?) so shouldnt the firmware be updated by default?

Do you face this issue? And could those folk who got the firmware update and eliminated this issue chime in... was it a DIY or did the workshop guys update it for you?

Thanks!
Hi

I drive a 2015 Vento TSI and had this firmware updated in last October. But still the jerking persists. About the update, it is not a DIY. You need to take the car to workshop and they need 4 hrs to do the update. May be you can check with your showroom if there is any latest update. But frankly I will be surprised if it can be resolved because this is happening for almost everyone and doubt VW has a fix. Try your luck.
senthils27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 00:59   #3718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthils27 View Post
Hi

I drive a 2015 Vento TSI and had this firmware updated in last October. But still the jerking persists. But frankly I will be surprised if it can be resolved because this is happening for almost everyone and doubt VW has a fix. Try your luck.
Thanks Senthil, any idea what your version of the firmware update was?

I can use that as a reference to ask them if they have any new update.

But yes, you are right if the issue exists in the latest model, which i assume should have the latest version of the firmware then it may be an issue that they still havent solved
Old 25th February 2016, 12:09   #3719
BHPian

Hi
I was speaking to the Petes guys about a remap for the GT TSI and came to know that they also had the superspint exhaust for the TSI.
Does anybody have experience with the superspint exhaust? Kindly share your views.

Am planning on a blistein b6 with lowering springs, remap and exhaust. Still working on the financials and trying to convince people at home.

Planning to run with 15 inchers, but better tyres. Looking at yoko s drives in 205 55 r 15. Will the tyre be too wide for the standard rim. I think the standard rim is a 6J rim. Brake upgrade also on the cards.
differential is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 12:53   #3720
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Planning to run with 15 inchers, but better tyres. Looking at yoko s drives in 205 55 r 15. Will the tyre be too wide for the standard rim. I think the standard rim is a 6J rim. Brake upgrade also on the cards.
I have 205/55 Continental MC5s installed on the stock rims. These fit fine on the rims. There is a little bulge on the side, but not very bad though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
I was speaking to the Petes guys about a remap for the GT TSI...
How much does Pete's remap bump up the power and torque? Can you share the price?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks