Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2014, 16:48   #2176
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

After reading the below posts called up the SA with whom I have been interacting @ VW Free-da-Bad. Per this chap the following colours are available on the two GT models

Tsi : Red, White & Carbon Steel

Tdi : Orange, Dark Blue, Reflex Silver, White, Black & Red

Per the Web site for both Tsi & Tdi colours are Red, White & Black

Go figure

I am going to go with what you guys have seen and await the advent of of the TSi in Reflex Silver or the Tdi with DSG.
If neither happens till February 2015 then and only then will I book the TSi to get delivery in time to avail the depreciation for the given F.Y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
I know my cars and I can assure you it was the GT TDi. (peeked in and saw the manual gear lever)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Here's a link to a review of the GT TDI facelift, shot completely on a Silver coloured car:
Old 26th September 2014, 15:48   #2177
BHPian

I do not recall reading about resetting transmission (when the DGS become lethargic) without using vag-com here (manual reset).

Here is what akshay1234 posted in an ownership thread:

Quote:
I remember there used to be a procedure to reset transmissions, I think it worked on DSGs too.
-Put the key in the ignition, turn to acc so everything besides the engine is on.
-Press down the accelerator all the way, past the kickdown button for about 20-30 seconds.
-Start the car and drive off (do not open doors or touch anything else while doing the reset)

Note - I also remember a reading that after pressing down the accelerator, the key should be turned off but left in the socket. And then you should wait 2 mins (again no opening doors or touching anything) and then start the car and drive off.
I did some search I got to know more about it:

Quote:
Yes there is some content on this which I was able to find on some random forums. Worked for some, not for some. I guess it should make a difference if the car has got into a confused "Fuzzy Logic" mode, and the reset is done correctly.

More on this Fuzzy Logic here (under Transmission Controller): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswa...M_transmission

This is like cheat code to reset the sloppy transmission!
Anybody knows more/tried this? (probably the old owners; worked for JishD!)
Old 26th September 2014, 22:31   #2178
BHPian

It certainly worked for me ! With of course a healthy dose of 97 as steroid. Here's the car back in its full glory ( flicked from awesome bros IDE FB page)
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-image.jpg  

JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 14:19   #2179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I am going to go with what you guys have seen and await the advent of of the TSi in Reflex Silver or the Tdi with DSG.

Hello,

Here is a video which clearly shows the GT in Reflex Silver color.

I have spoken to a lot of dealers across the country and only a couple of them say that they will deliver the car in Reflex Silver. Rest all of them keep repeating red, white and carbon steel.

How to confirm whether Silver will be available as I am really interested in that color?
Old 29th September 2014, 15:03   #2180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Guys, VW dealers are finding new ways to cheat, here is the scam:
I asked what would be the cost of extended warranty, I was quoted 22448 inclusive of tax. This is the slab for a vehicles where the sale date is > 546 days< 730.
Hi anshurao, did you finally end up paying 22448 or did the dealer adhere to the official price on the website?

I am facing a similar predicament. I am being quoted 18718 for extended warranty on the New Polo TSi for the 3rd and 4th year by a dealer in Bangalore.

The price as per the official extended warranty matrix available at this link is 11606 + Service Tax. Note that this is obviously an updated price list which specifically calls out both the "Polo GT-TSI" as well as the "New Polo GT-TSI". Both have the same rates, anyhow.

I called up the VW Customer Care hoping to clear this confusion, and spoke with the rudest and most arrogant customer service person ever. "We don't have any information on extended warranty rates. Please speak with your dealer." When I told him that the rate from the dealer was different from that quoted on their very own VW website, he raised his voice and asked me to send a "complaint" mail to VW Customer Care.

Sickening behaviour, most unprofessional and unhelpful, and I had to control myself from not blasting him to smithereens.

Can any BHPians shed some light on this extended warranty price discrepancy? Has anyone opted for this, and how much did it cost?

Last edited by TNAWAYAJ : 29th September 2014 at 15:32.
TNAWAYAJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 15:18   #2181
Distinguished - BHPian

I have done ~8000 km on my GT TSi and I can tell you that it's one "blind car". Are the headlights on the new GT TSi any better?
Old 29th September 2014, 15:23   #2182
Senior - BHPian

Who are these dealers? Anyone in the Northern or Western part of the country?

I would not mind buying out of state as long as the car is indeed a GT TSi in Reflex Silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hello,

Here is a video which clearly shows the GT in Reflex Silver color.

I have spoken to a lot of dealers across the country and only a couple of them say that they will deliver the car in Reflex Silver. Rest all of them keep repeating red, white and carbon steel.

How to confirm whether Silver will be available as I am really interested in that color?
Old 29th September 2014, 17:07   #2183
BHPian

Same here. The VW bangalore dealer Elite Motors has overcharged me as well. He hasn't bothered to reply to my emails. I have also been chasing them for the gear oil replacement that has to be done as part of DSG recall but they are evasive on that. Keep saying we don't have the right part.
Old 29th September 2014, 18:44   #2184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAWAYAJ View Post
Can any BHPians shed some light on this extended warranty price discrepancy? Has anyone opted for this, and how much did it cost?
I paid Rs. 13,041/- for 3rd-4th year extended warranty for a GT TSI with VW Downtown Mumbai. Have got the official VW Extended Warranty Card also.

The 3rd-4th year RSA is Rs. 3,333/-, which I did not take.
vinodbollini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 00:14   #2185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I have done ~8000 km on my GT TSi and I can tell you that it's one "blind car". Are the headlights on the new GT TSi any better?
The lights aren't bad in the new Polo, the throw of the high beam is too short according to me. But feel there is adequate illumination. The fog lamps too are pretty powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAWAYAJ View Post
Hi anshurao, did you finally end up paying 22448 or did the dealer adhere to the official price on the website?
Hi TNAWAYAJ, I haven't yet opted for the extended warranty. Will take it up in the coming months. ~13K plus tax is what I will pay

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th September 2014 at 08:32. Reason: please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT / QUOTE + functions within 30 minutes instead. Thanks! :)
Old 30th September 2014, 01:47   #2186
BHPian

Would request if any of you can post a picture of the polo with 185 and 195 section tyres for comparison, and if the 195 section tyres fit in the spare wheel bin. On stock size 15 alloys, as I have to take a decision tomorrow
Old 30th September 2014, 09:44   #2187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
Would request if any of you can post a picture of the polo with 185 and 195 section tyres for comparison, and if the 195 section tyres fit in the spare wheel bin. On stock size 15 alloys, as I have to take a decision tomorrow
Hi Gowtham,
Most of us have upgraded 4 tyres(to 195 section), and kept the OEM spare tyre. May be you could also do the same.
Regards,
Rohan
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 12:36   #2188
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gautam,

dont have a comparison pic between the two, but I did upgrade the tyres to 195.

Also, the spare is not a 15 incher. it is 14 inch steel wheel with 170 section. so may need to keep the same spare.
Old 30th September 2014, 15:54   #2189
BHPian

any guesses as to why VW are not updating their website with the new GT TSI and GT TDI? that should put to rest the colour options available.
Old 2nd October 2014, 10:57   #2190
BHPian

Quote:
Wouldn't VW void the warranty if you upsize the tyres?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks