Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2014, 16:19   #2071
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
if I'm in signals type Short to Long ie from 45 second upwards I keep the car in P mode with engine running.

- no stress of engaging foot brake or the hand brake.

is the above practice correct or am I damaging my gearbox ?
This is very flawed practice. If someone comes and hits you from behind, you'll end up causing massive damage to the transmission. Only put the car in P when you are parking it.

Also, you're supposed to engage the hand brake when in P, not leave it just with the parking pawl holding the car in place.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 22:59   #2072
blr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
The PDI was done at the showroom location in a bright bay area behind the building.
Hey diffsoft,

Would you please do me a favor after you take delivery of your car? I am trying to find out if the Indian version of Polo has the anchor points (holes) that hold the roof rack. These would be at the roofline inside of the door opening. Could be covered with screw or rubber grommet. I would love to see a couple of pictures of the above area (one each for the front and back door areas) to see which type of OEM roof rack would fit the car.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort!

Blr
Old 14th September 2014, 01:48   #2073
BHPian

@santosh. Polo is 1.2L sohc engine, laura is 1.8L dohc. Big difference the extra cam makes.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th September 2014 at 08:20.
Old 14th September 2014, 18:08   #2074
BHPian

I got word yesterday that my Polo TSI has been allocated. I hope to take delivery hopefully sometime next week. Hopefully the second batch of deliveries are starting to roll out.
Old 14th September 2014, 21:07   #2075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
I got word yesterday that my Polo TSI has been allocated. I hope to take delivery hopefully sometime next week. Hopefully the second batch of deliveries are starting to roll out.
Yes they are. The cars reached the yard in Bangalore last Wednesday and got allotted to me.

All the best!
Old 15th September 2014, 00:20   #2076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post
Yes! Post your experience after taking delivery. If you don't mind, then I would like to PM you after that to ask a few questions.

Thanks!
I am also waiting for a carbon steel tsi from palace cross. Do let me know if you make any tyre upgrades or the like and your review. Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 02:33   #2077
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the new gt tsi getting the dohc engines? Guys getting delivery kindly find out.
Old 15th September 2014, 03:40   #2078
blr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
I am also waiting for a carbon steel tsi from palace cross. Do let me know if you make any tyre upgrades or the like and your review. Thanks
Hi Gautam,

I am deferring my possession of the car for a few more months as I will be away from Bangalore. Yes, I do plan to upgrade my tires but guess you will be leading the way!

I think diffsoft is taking delivery of the car this week; eagerly waiting to hear the details from diffsoft.

Thanks!
Old 15th September 2014, 05:06   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
I am not planning any tyre upgrades for now, but I plan to take it to 3M Car Care for paint sealant, mats and so forth. Will keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Is the new gt tsi getting the dohc engines? Guys getting delivery kindly find out.
I will find out. I should caution you that my knowledge of the mechanics of any car is extremely limited.

I will be taking delivery today if all goes as per plan and keep you posted, including blr's earlier query.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 08:28   #2080
BHPian

@Robi, sadly no, the new ones still get the ea111 engine. Weirdly the EU versions are coming with the dohc 211.
Old 15th September 2014, 09:46   #2081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
@Robi, sadly no, the new ones still get the ea111 engine. Weirdly the EU versions are coming with the dohc 211.
Could be that VW is playing it safe as DOHC engines have lower fuel economy as compared to SOHC engines.

Although I have never driven a DOHC turbo but a Honda R series Dohc 2ltr vtec has a better top end as compared to the 1.8 K series Sohc vtec. The Sohc has better low end torque though (observations from driving a crv and civic back to back)

Theoretically a Dohc turbo could be best of both worlds having high low end torque and a better top end

* The Honda 2ltr DOHC is the K series and the 1.8 SOHC is the R series.

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th September 2014 at 00:50. Reason: Back to back posts merged, thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 13:43   #2082
BHPian

A quick update. I will be taking delivery tomorrow at about 11:30 am and not today, as it will take till late evening for number plate et. al.

Delivery pictures guaranteed (though quality is not)

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 15th September 2014 at 13:49.
diffsoft is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 15:07   #2083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but I plan to take it to 3M Car Care for paint sealant, mats and so forth.
Congrats on your GT TSi. Just one advice, rather than 3M paint sealant go in for C-Quartz glass coating from either Ultimate Detailerz or Quantum Detailing. 3M is good for car wash & just mats.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 17:17   #2084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
...........Just one advice, rather than 3M paint sealant go in for C-Quartz glass coating from either Ultimate Detailerz or Quantum Detailing. 3M is good for car wash & just mats.
Don't quite agree to that and seeing you and diffsoft are in different cities, i don't think the advise is sound.

3M Car Care in Bangalore, the one in HSR layout is more than capable of providing class leading paint sealant application job, amongst many others. Of course, it is different from c-quartz coating or opti-coat or Gtechniq coating, but their paint correction and sealant programs are also top notch (I say this because i have my car sealed by them in 2013 and my car still gleams, due to proper and good preventive care).

In fact, I've heard negative about an attempt at C-quartz coating by Ultimate Detailerz, customer who later had to rectify it elsewhere.. Going wrong with a lacquer coating is more disastrous than a bad sealant application.

I would recommend that both be reviewed in person and then a decision taken, based on visual experience/satisfaction.

Last edited by k_ajay : 15th September 2014 at 17:25.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 23:04   #2085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Don't quite agree to that and seeing you and diffsoft are in different cities, i don't think the advise is sound.

Advise has nothing to do with cities. Let me elaborate and reason with you and prove it how 3M paint sealant is no match for glass coatings like Modesta BC-05, C-Quartz, etc.

Quote:
3M Car Care in Bangalore, the one in HSR layout is more than capable of providing class leading paint sealant application job, amongst many others. Of course, it is different from c-quartz coating or opti-coat or Gtechniq coating, but their paint correction and sealant programs are also top notch (I say this because i have my car sealed by them in 2013 and my car still gleams, due to proper and good preventive care).
Longevity of coating in India
Glass coatings>Paint sealants>Wax.

Glass coatings would beat any paint sealant hands down. Try C-Quartz once at either Ultimate Detailerz or Quantum Detailing. Modesta BC-05 glass coating would leave you in amazement.

Quote:
In fact, I've heard negative about an attempt at C-quartz coating by Ultimate Detailerz, customer who later had to rectify it elsewhere.. Going wrong with a lacquer coating is more disastrous than a bad sealant application.
I would suggest you to re-verify it before posting any further comments. I'm aware of it and some detailer(Known to me) tried to malign image of Ultimate Detailerz.

Quote:
I would recommend that both be reviewed in person and then a decision taken, based on visual experience/satisfaction.
Go through post by Paul Dalton and Jim White Details on facebook and you would understand why worlds top detailer use glass coatings like Modesta BC-05 and not just paint sealants.

Quote:
A quick update.
Just wanted to add, try Modesta BC-05 glass coating by Quantum Detaling, Bangalore, if your budget permits. Its the best you can get and will outlast any 3M pant sealants by far.

Note: I'm not associated with any detailing entity, just passing information for bhpians benefit.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks