Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2013, 10:58   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
I got a total saving of about 19000 bucks over insurance. What I did was transfer my Punto's insurance on to it, I had 65% no claim bonus, plus the zero dep insurance from Tata Aig was already 13000 cheaper than what VW guys had quoted to me.

VW zero Dep insurance - Rs.29665
Tata Aig zero dep from outside - Rs. 11390
Do both insurances offer the same coverage? Is that Tata also comprehensive. I think the quote is too low.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th May 2013 at 11:48. Reason: fixing quote
Old 27th May 2013, 11:43   #737
BHPian

I currently have the insurance with HDFC. Can we transfer the no claim bonus to any other insurance?.
Old 27th May 2013, 12:34   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some more pics of my Devil
Many Many congratulations Berry on getting her!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
I currently have the insurance with HDFC. Can we transfer the no claim bonus to any other insurance?.
Yes the no claim bonus can be transfered or at the very least even if you dont want to use it as a leverage with the new insurance provider to reduce his/her quote!
Old 27th May 2013, 16:32   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations! Beautiful red number there.

Did you manage to get the air-con issue checked?
Congratulations berry. Im assuming that you purchased this car from VW in Saket? As when i had gone to take delivery of my car i saw a Red Gt in Stock.

Did you get the tyres replaced? I replaced the ones in my car with Michelin Primacy.

What is the average that you are getting? Im getting 9-0 Kpl with normal fuel.

And finally did you get the extended warranty? I have called the dealership a few times to no avail.
Old 27th May 2013, 19:21   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

Do both insurances offer the same coverage? Is that Tata also comprehensive. I think the quote is too low.
The only two things not covered in Tata AIG are - hydrostatic lock coverage and a new car on total damage anytime during the tenure. (Both of these things are just verbal from the VW SA that may be untrue as we got in to an argument)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post

Congratulations berry. Im assuming that you purchased this car from VW in Saket? As when i had gone to take delivery of my car i saw a Red Gt in Stock.

Did you get the tyres replaced? I replaced the ones in my car with Michelin Primacy.

And finally did you get the extended warranty? I have called the dealership a few times to no avail.
Yes I bought it from saket and my GT had reached their yard on the 22/5 evening.

I have put Yokohama ES100 because I am in love with them since 2008.

Mileage - 12.5 to 13.5 normal fuel , I repeat it is strictly a light foot car.

No extended warranty was ever extended towards me. ;-)

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th May 2013 at 09:46.
Old 27th May 2013, 22:29   #741
BANNED

What were the other options you considered for the tyres ?

Any specific reasons you prefer the Yoko ES100 ?
Old 27th May 2013, 23:09   #742
VEA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post

I got 13.7 kmpl on my first tankful with a light foot, AC on all the time and fully loaded 50% of the time. I still think its good considering the trip covered 520 kilometres on Kerala highways, which are essentially crowded single carriageways.
VEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 23:15   #743
BHPian

Congrats to Berry and other new owners, welcome to the club.

Quote:
The only two things not covered in Tata AIG are - hydrostatic lock coverage and a new car on total damage anytime during the tenure. (Both of these things are just verbal from the VW SA that may be untrue as we got in to an argument)
I have taken the Bajaj Allianz policy offered by VW, When I finally got a quote from BhartiAXA and decided 45k policy of Bajaj isn't worth the money the dealer had already invoiced the insurance amount and ordered it. I have to live with it now.
Bharti AXA quote for a zero depreciation policy was 27518, compared to Bajaj's 45k. Please do compare offers outside your dealer before finalising your insurance.

Update on my RedAngel:
I have driven about 250kms in the past week, and completely in city traffic and full time AC with varying levels of traffic and 95% light foot. MID averages have varied from 10.5 to 13kmpl. I am quite satisfied with the efficiency as of now.

No issues and haggles till now, the car gives you completely peace of mind in city traffic. Only complaint I have is against the horn sound intruding into the cabin. Any suggestions for insulating it out?

Cheers,
D.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-image.jpg  

Last edited by delta5 : 27th May 2013 at 23:17.
Old 28th May 2013, 00:00   #744
BHPian

I have completed 2000 kms today. The FE shown in MID is confusing. Yesterday it was showing 18kmpl after 200 kms of highway trip and today after 30 kms of city driving it is showing 14 kmpl, even though I have not reset the tripmeter.

I find the headlights weak for highway drives. May be its due to front windshield sunfilm or due to the throw.

Yes the sound of the horn is very much intruding in the cabin. Another irritating thing is that the horn sounds everytime you lock or unlock the car. In day time it is okay but at night it is embarrassing. Is there any way to deactivate it?

Everytime I turn off the engine I hear whoooshh whoooshh sound from the engine compartment. Is this normal? Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited by drjanakpatel : 28th May 2013 at 00:04.
Old 28th May 2013, 01:29   #745
BHPian

Whoosh sound is normal, its the liquid intercooler flushing itself out.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 01:51   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjanakpatel View Post

Yes the sound of the horn is very much intruding in the cabin. Another irritating thing is that the horn sounds everytime you lock or unlock the car. In day time it is okay but at night it is embarrassing. Is there any way to deactivate it?
This can be done through VCDS / VAGCOM. The software and cable is the same for VAG (Volkswagen Audi Group) cars and is quite a simple procedure. If you are not able to hit up any folks in your area with this software / cable, please take it to the VW service center. The whole procedure shouldn't take you more than a couple of minutes.

And, Heartiest congratulations on the car!

Best,

Azeem
azeemhafiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 07:16   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have completed 2000 kms today. The FE shown in MID is confusing. Yesterday it was showing 18kmpl after 200 kms of highway trip and today after 30 kms of city driving it is showing 14 kmpl, even though I have not reset the tripmeter.

I find the headlights weak for highway drives. May be its due to front windshield sunfilm or due to the throw.
Congrats for the Tsi. Its such a wonderful car.

As for tripmeter, there are actually two of them in there. One (No. 1) gets reset every two hours of non activity. The other one (No. 2) is I think longer running one (gets reset after certain km etc). You can refer to the Vento features and Quirks thread for more (accurate) details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...es-quirks.html

As for headlights, they are definitely on weaker side for highway use (and also during rains). I'd advise to go for 100/90 setup from a good place. I upgraded my Vento to 55W NPBs but they are ok for the city but still feel really weak during rains.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 08:26   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Congrats for the Tsi. Its such a wonderful car.

As for tripmeter, there are actually two of them in there. One (No. 1) gets reset every two hours of non activity. The other one (No. 2) is I think longer running one (gets reset after certain km etc). You can refer to the Vento features and Quirks thread for more (accurate) details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...es-quirks.html

As for headlights, they are definitely on weaker side for highway use (and also during rains). I'd advise to go for 100/90 setup from a good place. I upgraded my Vento to 55W NPBs but they are ok for the city but still feel really weak during rains.
Has anyone tried out the "bi xenon" lights with DRL that vagtune.in are offering? Any feedback?
Old 28th May 2013, 09:01   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post

Has anyone tried out the "bi xenon" lights with DRL that vagtune.in are offering? Any feedback?
I think they are too costly (rs 44000). And I think it would void warranty.
Old 28th May 2013, 13:44   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post

Congrats!! Do share the OTR breakup and any freebies. Any particular reason for choosing ABRA ? Do you have any experience with sundaram VW ? How do they compare regarding customer care and ASS ?
OTR chennai breakup as follows

New Polo 1.2 Petrol Highline GTI
ex show 813205
Insurance 30194
Road tx and regn 91321
Total on road 934720
Optional
EXTN. WARRANTY 7584
ELITE INSURANCE 45646
PERSONAL CARE 1579

Quote:

I think they are too costly (rs 44000). And I think it would void warranty.
Would VW offer any of these accessories or enhancements so to speak off their shelves?

@mods pls merge these two posts as I'm unable to do it from my app. Apologies

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 28th May 2013 at 22:11. Reason: Back-to-back posts
thiagust is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks