Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2013, 07:23   #676
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Congrats on the 1.2TSi. Don't bother with premium fuel, I have been using regular fuel for over 50,000 kms now in the 1.8TSi. I have never faced any fuel related issues till date. I have just changed the fuel filter during regular service.
As for Speed 97, availability and price is an issue. Besides on a stock car the difference is very small. After the mods/remap, there is a tangible difference with 97 octane fuel but its impractical for daily use.
Thanks robimahanta,
And thanks to all you guys for your well wishes, the car has come home, finally.
I have filled up only regular unleaded petrol. I wanted to share this important news yesterday itself, but was so endorsed in the car manual, totally forgot to.

The car production is temporarily halted for a period of 2months according to the Dealer, so if you are booking a GT ensure your dealer has stock of the car. I think VW has sold more than it has expected to, in a month and probably ran out of a stock for the quarter.(probably they will have to wait for next load of 1.2tsis maybe?)

Just for the benefit of Chennai and other vicinity members, Vellore dealer has a Black and red GTs in stock and one of them was being talked for yesterday.

Cheers,
D.
delta5 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 08:02   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post

Thanks robimahanta,
And thanks to all you guys for your well wishes, the car has come home, finally.
I have filled up only regular unleaded petrol. I wanted to share this important news yesterday itself, but was so endorsed in the car manual, totally forgot to.

The car production is temporarily halted for a period of 2months according to the Dealer, so if you are booking a GT ensure your dealer has stock of the car. I think VW has sold more than it has expected to, in a month and probably ran out of a stock for the quarter.(probably they will have to wait for next load of 1.2tsis maybe?)

Just for the benefit of Chennai and other vicinity members, Vellore dealer has a Black and red GTs in stock and one of them was being talked for yesterday.

Cheers,
D.
Congratulations for the new car. The car is so addictive to drive, I have been making long distance trips myself. Otherwise this car would have done hardly 500 kms but its already 1200 kms. Enjoy the ride.
drjanakpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 18:41   #678
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Polo GT TDI caught testing with a Vento's diesel engine and manual tranny - http://forum.autocarindia.com/index....aught-testing/

Last edited by dkaile : 21st May 2013 at 18:42.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 18:51   #679
BHPian

But I dont think GT TDI would be offered with DSG. In TSI half the fun is due to DSG.
drjanakpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 19:05   #680
BANNED

By now a lot of members have test driven the GT Tsi. Infact we have a few owners here too...

So what is the general consensus on the Brakes ? Is the Disc Drum combo good enough to tame the wild beast or not ?
Old 21st May 2013, 19:39   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
By now a lot of members have test driven the GT Tsi. Infact we have a few owners here too...

So what is the general consensus on the Brakes ? Is the Disc Drum combo good enough to tame the wild beast or not ?
When I did the TD I felt the brakes were lacking , I was driving at around 6 pm on the Chennai bypass and when I came down from 80+ to 20 it was not sufficient.
Old 22nd May 2013, 11:57   #682
BHPian

Brakes on the car are fine. Once you get used to how the DSG operates the car is a breeze to drive. As i have stated in my earlier posts the stock tyres are useless for this car so any new owners out there should invest in a set of good tyres.
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:40   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post
Brakes on the car are fine. Once you get used to how the DSG operates the car is a breeze to drive. As i have stated in my earlier posts the stock tyres are useless for this car so any new owners out there should invest in a set of good tyres.
I agree with you on the braking. It is adequate and always has been on the Polo. On the tires - The Apolo's though not the best, are not bad at all. They are no nonsense tires; acceptable grip considering a slightly harder compound and they don't become whiny when pushed hard as well. Overall acceptable in my opinion.
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:53   #684
BHPian

Need some help to convert my current status as fence sitter

What are the final performance numbers for the Tsi ?

0-100 ( reports vary between 9.7 and 11+)
20-80 (??)
40-100(??)
Old 22nd May 2013, 13:46   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Like I had said, I had gone on a TD almost 2 weeks ago. THe SA did not take my card, despite my asking, saying "it is there in the TD register". As of now, I have not received a follow up call from them.

Not a very good beginning (I was pretty much ready to commit) and mirrors my experience when the Vento was introduced. AT that time too VW displayed a fair amount of arrogance.

Any opinions on the buying experience folks?

Am actually dreading the service experience if (it is actually 'when', IMO) I buy the car

+1 to that.
To be honest, I am ready to buy this car just for the Turbo petrol hatch with a DSG! But VW has gone to great lengths to ensure I change my mind and NOT buy it!

about 3 weeks ago (on a sat) I went to the VW showroom on Hosur Road, they said that the car was at the downtown showroom and asked me to go there for a test drive the following day. I fixed an "appointment" after confirming with them for 1030 am - and was cursing myself for being late and landing there at 1034 - and the showroom was not even open! When they called the following day (Monday) for feedback I was quite ticked that they made me go there when the showroom was closed on a sunday morning - and their response "oh, sorry sir" seriously a moment.
Anyways, The sales guy said please come on the weekend, and I went to the hosur road showroom again on sunday afternoon- and guess what - The car was sent to the Downtown showroom again (or is it a shooroom)
Its a decent 15kms from my house to the showroom and having done the trip 6 times thats 90kms and have still not test driven the car- well - VW - Im not buying because if this is the service before, I shudder to think post sale how will I be made to run around.

Last edited by madan80 : 22nd May 2013 at 13:47.
madan80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 14:01   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
+1 to that.
To be honest, I am ready to buy this car just for the Turbo petrol hatch with a DSG! But VW has gone to great lengths to ensure I change my mind and NOT buy it!

about 3 weeks ago (on a sat) I went to the VW showroom on Hosur Road, they said that the car was at the downtown showroom and asked me to go there for a test drive the following day. I fixed an "appointment" after confirming with them for 1030 am - and was cursing myself for being late and landing there at 1034 - and the showroom was not even open! When they called the following day (Monday) for feedback I was quite ticked that they made me go there when the showroom was closed on a sunday morning - and their response "oh, sorry sir" seriously a moment.
Anyways, The sales guy said please come on the weekend, and I went to the hosur road showroom again on sunday afternoon- and guess what - The car was sent to the Downtown showroom again (or is it a shooroom)
Its a decent 15kms from my house to the showroom and having done the trip 6 times thats 90kms and have still not test driven the car- well - VW - Im not buying because if this is the service before, I shudder to think post sale how will I be made to run around.
+2 to that

I already own a Vento TDI, which is bought from the same showroom and I was interested in TD'ing GT and eventually planning to buy it as well as a second car.

But despite they know that I own a Vento bought from the same showroom, they showed zero interest in getting the car ready for TD. Made multiple runs to the showroom with no show of the car, finally one the SA confirmed that he will bring the car home. I took off the next day and I was excited to TD.

SA came home with the vehicle and called me, full enthu I went for the TD saw that they bought POLO TDI. .

However good may be the vehicle, VW sales and service people have their own innovative ways of screwing up the brand.

VW service is an even worse story which I don't wanna discuss here.
Chuchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:21   #687
BHPian

My story is a bit different. I went to the showroom late (around 8 pm), saw the car. Asked for exchange prices and TD was offered the next day. As usual the VW guy didnt call as he promised to, but once I called him he was up to the mark. I got a TD in the afternoon. But exchange price was a sore point. Other than that they were quite nice by VW standards I read in the forum. He tried calling a couple of guys for a better exchange price. Today after one week of the TD, he called my home to tell that he found a mahindra first choice dealer offering a better price !!!!. I am currently dealing with this guy. So a nice and warm.

Also he did mention about a 2 month waiting period if the colour was not in stock for GT

Regards

Last edited by 999 : 22nd May 2013 at 15:23. Reason: adding line
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:43   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
My story is a bit different. I went to the showroom late (around 8 pm), saw the car. Asked for exchange prices and TD was offered the next day. As usual the VW guy didnt call as he promised to, but once I called him he was up to the mark. I got a TD in the afternoon. But exchange price was a sore point. Other than that they were quite nice by VW standards I read in the forum. He tried calling a couple of guys for a better exchange price. Today after one week of the TD, he called my home to tell that he found a mahindra first choice dealer offering a better price !!!!. I am currently dealing with this guy. So a nice and warm.

Also he did mention about a 2 month waiting period if the colour was not in stock for GT

Regards
Hi,

Issue that we are discussing is specific to that particular showroom in Bangalore, 2 showrooms(Hosur Road & Whitefield) and service center in here are having this problem.
The other 2 showrooms(Rajaji Nagar & Down Town) and service center are better here as well.

The point that we are trying to make is if u want to experience a good service better avoid these showrooms.
Chuchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:53   #689
BHPian

Overall Buying Experience at VW Metropolitan Saket

I heard about the launch of the Polo GTI from Team Bhp Forum. Immideatly i called VW South (Bhasin Motors) who told me that the car was not officially launched as yet. Then i call VW Metropolitan and was told that booking for the car was open and that they had 3 Gt`s in Stock- Black, Red, White but could not offer a test drive as they had no TD vehicle.

Anyways i booked the car on Thursday and it was delivered to me on Saturday. So overall it was a nice buying experience. Further i was informed by the dealer when i went to pick up my registration papers that the other 2 Gt`s had been sold and now there was a waiting period because of the tooldown in the VW Plant.

If anyone else in delhi has purchased or is planning to purchase the GT please share your views on the dealerships..etc.
Old 22nd May 2013, 16:13   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
Hi,

Issue that we are discussing is specific to that particular showroom in Bangalore, 2 showrooms(Hosur Road & Whitefield) and service center in here are having this problem.
The other 2 showrooms(Rajaji Nagar & Down Town) and service center are better here as well.

The point that we are trying to make is if u want to experience a good service better avoid these showrooms.
If that is the case, my experience with the Hosur Road showroom has been quite pleasant. I went there last sunday afternoon without even calling. Polo GT was out on another TD. So, in the meantime, I asked for TD on Vento TDI and the sales guy politely obliged. After we came back from Vento TD, I drove the Polo GT TSI and totally loved the vehicle, even more than Vento.
May be I was plain lucky . But the point that I am trying to make here is these guys must not be doing this on purpose, right? Its just that they need to tighten their act together and be enthusiastic in whatever work they are doing. Also, I feel it would not be fair in associating human behaviour with showroom or brand as such. Had this guy been working in Rajaji Nagar VW showroom or for that matter with Hyundai/Maruti would his behaviour had changed? I don't think so
floyd.bell is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks