Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2013, 18:44   #4171
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Btw I somewhere read in this thread that the cancellation charges are being levied by the dealer on the direction of Ford. Well i dont think it is true because i cancelled my booking and the dealer being a friend did not deduct anything as cancellation charge.
Old 19th September 2013, 18:59   #4172
Distinguished - BHPian

Has Ford messed up the Ecosport after the hyped launch in India?
Now most customers would think twice before going ahead with their EcoSport bookings or should they?
- insane waiting period!
- Price hike with no protection
- Rs 5.69 Lakh 1.5L Petrol Manual; Does it exist?
- Feature deletion
- Dealerships Monopoly

http://motorbash.com/ford-ecosport-h...gs-5-stinkers/
Old 19th September 2013, 19:36   #4173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Now most customers would think twice before going ahead with their EcoSport bookings or should they?
- insane waiting period!
- Feature deletion
- Dealerships Monopoly

True to the name of the site, I hope they do only bashing.

- I don't think Ford extracts any joy in making customers wait. They can't make enough to cater to the demand. Bad planning, but with the price hike it would become manageable in the future.
- Sad, but it is not easy to give protection. Not with 30K bookings. Not everybody could be given protection, and if given selectively they would leave the others disgruntled.
- Entry level variant is for attracting customers. They are made in limited numbers. Anyway Ambiente is a stupid variant, not worthy of buying for a car like Ecosport. Ford should get rid of it.
- What i think is that they could not source enough parts of keyless entry, and Titanium turned out to be the most booked variant. It makes sense to delete it and deliver Titaniums faster than making people wait.
- This one, I agree. Ford did some shoddy job. They left the customers at the mercy of the dealers. They should have managed the bookings centrally, and allocated vehicles directly from the factory.
ecosport is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 20:06   #4174
BHPian

Its a fair assessment i believe. If renault which setup shop in india much after ford could get its act together in price protection issue, i don't see any reason why ford could not have done that. Its a classic case of good product managed by bad guys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
- insane waiting period!
- Feature deletion
- Dealerships Monopoly

Moto-Mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 20:19   #4175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
What happened? I didn't see a reference earlier to any breakage.
2 days before the rear view mirror was hit by a biker (or his handle?)
The mirror fell down and cracked.

Must've been a light impact though.No tell tale evidences on the mirror cover.
Hope it won't get repeated
jojoinassi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 20:30   #4176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post

True to the name of the site, I hope they do only bashing.

- I don't think Ford extracts any joy in making customers wait. They can't make enough to cater to the demand. Bad planning, but with the price hike it would become manageable in the future.
- Sad, but it is not easy to give protection. Not with 30K bookings. Not everybody could be given protection, and if given selectively they would leave the others disgruntled.
- Entry level variant is for attracting customers. They are made in limited numbers. Anyway Ambiente is a stupid variant, not worthy of buying for a car like Ecosport. Ford should get rid of it.
- What i think is that they could not source enough parts of keyless entry, and Titanium turned out to be the most booked variant. It makes sense to delete it and deliver Titaniums faster than making people wait.
- This one, I agree. Ford did some shoddy job. They left the customers at the mercy of the dealers. They should have managed the bookings centrally, and allocated vehicles directly from the factory.
Looks like you are so biased towards Ford. What ford has done is simply unfair. Do you think non availability of those parts made Ford to remove these feature? Sorry to say.. Whatever reasons you have provided looks childish.
sbala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 20:40   #4177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
Its a classic case of good product managed by bad guys...
Absolutely! This car certainly deserved a better manufacturer. The likes of Maruti or Hyundai wouldn't have let such negative PR with better and more efficient management of the waiting period!
Old 20th September 2013, 00:16   #4178
BHPian

Hi All! Posting this query on behalf of a friend (who has his tbhp membership pending).

He was allocated a Ecoboost Titanium 2 days back(in transit) but the VIN number says that the vehicle was manufactured in May. How many months old vehicle is acceptable? With the current demand of Ecoboost being high, my friend is suspecting that the vehicle could have been used for display or other marketing purpose. Experts and current Ecoboost owners(how many months old vehicle were you allocated) kindly share your experience.
pious_devil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 08:11   #4179

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Hi All! Posting this query on behalf of a friend (who has his tbhp membership pending). ..... Experts and current Ecoboost owners(how many months old vehicle were you allocated) kindly share your experience.
Hi, I was allocated my Ecoboost in August and it was a Aug 13 manufactured vehicle as per the VIN. So not more than a month old.
Svetblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 08:21   #4180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
He was allocated a Ecoboost Titanium 2 days back(in transit) but the VIN number says that the vehicle was manufactured in May. With the current demand of Ecoboost being high, my friend is suspecting that the vehicle could have been used for display or other marketing purpose.
My EcoBoost Titanium (O) was manufactured, allocated and delivered in August.

What colour has your friend opted for? If it is Mars Red, I'd be nervous, given that the media drive and Discoveries campaign all used Mars Red EcoBoosts. The only TD vehicles I've seen for EcoBoost were in Mars Red or White.

But - if he's opted for Titanium and not Titanium (O) it wouldn't be a media/Discoveries/TD vehicle, as - to the best of my knowledge - all of those were the Titanium (O) variant. Even better - since it's a May manufacture, he'll be getting keyless entry and push start.

Quote:
How many months old vehicle is acceptable?
Normally, taking a 4-month old vehicle will not be a problem. However given the demand for EcoSports in general, I'm puzzled why this vehicle wasn't delivered sooner (unless it was exchanged between dealers).
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 08:30   #4181
BHPian

FWIW, one of my neighbors brought home an EcoSport about a month or so back.
Now, I see a used XUV500 parked, and when inquired, it seems he was not too happy with the EcoSport.
Old 20th September 2013, 08:43   #4182
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Hi All! Posting this query on behalf of a friend (who has his tbhp membership pending). He was allocated a Ecoboost Titanium 2 days back(in transit) but the VIN number says that the vehicle was manufactured in May. How many months old vehicle is acceptable? With the current demand of Ecoboost being high, my friend is suspecting that the vehicle could have been used for display or other marketing purpose. Experts and current Ecoboost owners(how many months old vehicle were you allocated) kindly share your experience.
I bought a May import/ assembled car in December. No big deal really!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 08:49   #4183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I bought a May import/ assembled car in December. No big deal really!

His concern is , since the vehicle ecosport is in heavy demand, the chances are its consumed as soon as its manufactured, atleast within couple of months. But in your case- Yeti - was was niche car(relatively) and chances of getting a car older than 4-5 months is more and acceptable too
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 09:00   #4184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki

His concern is , since the vehicle ecosport is in heavy demand, the chances are its consumed as soon as its manufactured, atleast within couple of months. But in your case- Yeti - was was niche car(relatively) and chances of getting a car older than 4-5 months is more and acceptable too
It is a valid concern as there is a possibility that it has been a display car . I had this experience where the dealer allocated the ecosport display vehicle to me which I rejected since I have seen how thousands of people who visited the showroom treated the vehicle.
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 09:31   #4185
avm
BHPian

According to me, no other company offer a product similar to Ecosport for this price.
Duster looks horrible and the interiors are even worse.
XUV is out of the league as it doesn't match the pricing segment.

Even I contemplated a lot, but why should one buy a sedan with a low GC and a smaller feel for the same price? Im not a very big fan of SUV's, but the mini-SUV offering is a brilliant concept, especially given the pathetic conditions of the roads in Bangalore.

Plus with the number of features, fancy and safety ones, only Hyundai comes close. but again, Verna is the only car which falls in close competition to the Ecosport in terms of pricing.

So well, if we're spending close to 10 lacs, 20-30k extra should not bother much.

Infact (and i'm being selfish here), I am happy that people are cancelling. Ill get my Ecosport AT faster

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th September 2013 at 14:41. Reason: Do not use acronyms for car names like ES for Ecosport. Also please be polite when expressing your opinion. Thanks.
avm is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks