Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2015, 20:40   #226
BHPian

Micra battery gave up yesterday. Though it says Hitachi on the battery (which gives the feeling that it must be a good quality product), less than 2 years on a petrol car is pretty short life. Replaced it with Amaron. Costs north of 6K but scrap value for old battery and discount meant that the damage was just above 4K.

Another thing I noticed - the OE battery was 62AH! I was thinking, being a petrol small hatch, it would be of much lesser capacity. Amaron which replaced it is 65AH.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 10:41   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Micra battery gave up yesterday. Though it says Hitachi on the battery (which gives the feeling that it must be a good quality product), less than 2 years on a petrol car is pretty short life.
Didn't you try the warranty route? My neighbor's Jetta battery conked off at the 1.7 year mark and was replaced by VW under warranty!
Old 12th July 2015, 11:04   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Didn't you try the warranty route? My neighbor's Jetta battery conked off at the 1.7 year mark and was replaced by VW under warranty!

I did not have the time to think about warranty. Next month the car turns 2 and I think it might have been covered. But it kinda came up as an emergency and the battery guy is kinda well known to me, so just got it checked (cell was weak to retain charge) and replaced it immediately. If I had time, I would have tried the warranty route.
Old 29th July 2015, 13:48   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
Today booked Nissan Micra XV CVT with Surya Nissan Bangalore. Considered the following options:
1. Honda Brio -
2. Grand i10 -
3. i20 (old generation) automatic
We have a similar shortlist, albeit with the Jazz in contention. In all likelihood, it will be the Micra CVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Getting delivery of Micra CVT today. We are purchasing it for my dad. Our criteria was high seating position, ease of getting in and out, good features list and usable back seats. Micra ticked all boxes. So here it comes......
Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Booked a Micra CVT for Dad earlier this week! Seemed to be the most value for money proposition in terms of equipment offered for the price as compared to the Grand i10 Asta AT & Brio VX AT.
Nice to hear that - my FIL is on the taller side too and prefers a tallish car as he is used to good old Wagon R. Hopefully he gets used to the sedate driving style CVTs offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm facing a similar dilemma as the Bangalore dealership is terrible and wife wants Micra CVT. Have held back so far. Will check it out once again in Dec, as we need to make a purchase pretty soon.
Did you eventually purchase the Mirca CVT? Would be interesting to know how the post-sales experience was. I'm dealing with Shahwar Nissan and the experience so far is surprisingly good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
I am glad I settled for Nissan Micra CVT six months ago. Loving that car completely. It drives well in city traffic and I dont feel tired at all. As a matter of fact I look for reasons to go out so that I will get to drive it.
Sounds encouraging. have you ever had the reason/opportunity to take your car on the highways? Can you share your experience(s) from any such situation?

One thing that surprises me is that the CVT does not seem to have any discounts on offer! This is contrary to what other members have reported, but I guess can be negotiated across the table.
Old 21st August 2015, 12:12   #230
BHPian

Planning to upgrade my wife's A Star, Was contemplating the Jazz and Micra both top end, there is a differnce about a lakh between the Jazz and Micra. One difference is between the number of cylinders, found the micra was more well made than the jazz. Would love to get some advise on the purchase. Also the mileage on the micra is better than the jazz, so I am told.
Old 21st August 2015, 13:16   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
Planning to upgrade my wife's A Star, Was contemplating the Jazz and Micra both top end, there is a differnce about a lakh between the Jazz and Micra. One difference is between the number of cylinders, found the micra was more well made than the jazz. Would love to get some advise on the purchase. Also the mileage on the micra is better than the jazz, so I am told.
Having driven both, in addition to the Celerio, I'd rate the Jazz a much better package overall. In fact the Jazz V CVT and Micra XV CVT are the only AT hatches in the country with ABS and 2 airbags! The mileage reports quote similar numbers.

OTOH, I think Maruti has done a shoddy job with marketing the Ritz AT. The Ritz AT ships with a 4 speed torque converter box in VXi ABS variant.

The Grand i10, despite having no variant with ABS or Airbags sells like potatoes

At 7.5 lakhs OTR Bangalore and ship-on-order with 15 days lead time, the Ritz is a good balance between the Japanese CVT twins and the hot-selling Korean.

Just can't understand the reason for Maruti's indifference

Last edited by pannags : 21st August 2015 at 13:18.
Old 21st August 2015, 13:27   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
In fact the Jazz V CVT and Micra XV CVT are the only AT hatches in the country with ABS and 2 airbags! The mileage reports quote similar numbers.

OTOH, I think Maruti has done a shoddy job with marketing the Ritz AT. The Ritz AT ships with a 4 speed torque converter box in VXi ABS variant.

Just can't understand the reason for Maruti's indifference
Even the Brio has ABS+2 Airbags...but I wouldn't recommend it anyway!
Talking about the Ritz AT as well as the DZire AT, I guess Maruti did not want to project the AT giving less mileage than the manual and screw up the public's notion in order to promote their AMT.
Old 21st August 2015, 13:29   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Jazz is more spacious. Among the CVT's the Jazz is probably the better one. Would not give too much importance to mileage difference. In real world I think the difference will be insignificant.

Nissan's after sales and service can be iffy-Depends on the dealer.

Ultimately if it is purely city use for your wife, either of them will do good. With the Jazz you have the advantage of a bigger car which can do the duty of a compact sedan/sedan also if needed.

Quote:
Having driven both, in addition to the Celerio, I'd rate the Jazz a much better package overall. In fact the Jazz V CVT and Micra XV CVT are the only AT hatches in the country with ABS and 2 airbags! The mileage reports quote similar numbers.
We also have the Brio AT and Polo GT TSI. Both come with 2 airbags and ABS. Polo also comes with ESP and Hill Assist.
Old 21st August 2015, 14:10   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Even the Brio has ABS+2 Airbags...but I wouldn't recommend it anyway!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
We also have the Brio AT and Polo GT TSI. Both come with 2 airbags and ABS. Polo also comes with ESP and Hill Assist.
Oops! The Brio and Polo slipped my mind, perhaps because they were not considered in my FIL's case. I stand corrected.

Agree on Jazz being the better proposition amongst the lot, but the Ritz, IMHO, is still a missed opportunity. Particularly considering i10 ATs maintenance costs and scary fuel efficiency.
Old 22nd August 2015, 10:52   #235
BHPian

I was informed that swift diesel AMT would be launched october/november, with this in the fray what would be better between the Micra, Jazz and Swift. We already have a Diesel Altis and a Camry Hybrid, the replacement for the A Star is purely for city and for my wife and kids.
Old 24th August 2015, 10:20   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Per the Micra site , CVT comes with 2 Front Airbags + "Available" Side Air Bags. (whatever that means)
https://www.nissan.in/vehicles/new/micra/features.html
Old 24th August 2015, 10:46   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was informed that swift diesel AMT would be launched october/november, with this in the fray what would be better between the Micra, Jazz and Swift. We already have a Diesel Altis and a Camry Hybrid, the replacement for the A Star is purely for city and for my wife and kids.
An AMT would definitely not be as smooth as a CVT. For a smooth drive experience better to go for the CVT. Since you already have other big cars, the space advantage the Jazz provides is irrelevant. So my vote is for the Micra. It is much cheaper and I think better loaded than the Jazz.
Old 23rd November 2015, 13:21   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Micra battery gave up yesterday. Though it says Hitachi on the battery (which gives the feeling that it must be a good quality product), less than 2 years on a petrol car is pretty short life. Replaced it with Amaron. Costs north of 6K but scrap value for old battery and discount meant that the damage was just above 4K.

Another thing I noticed - the OE battery was 62AH! I was thinking, being a petrol small hatch, it would be of much lesser capacity. Amaron which replaced it is 65AH.
Dear ajaypjayaraj, can you please help with the battery model you used for your Micra CVT. I am in a similar situation. Hitachi battery is down (18 months only) and I am trying to replace the battery. Everyone is suggesting 35Ah including the showroom. You inputs on the exact model number for 65Ah will be very helpful. Thanks in advance. Tarun
Old 23rd November 2015, 13:54   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunkagarwal View Post
Dear ajaypjayaraj, can you please help with the battery model you used for your Micra CVT. I am in a similar situation. Hitachi battery is down (18 months only) and I am trying to replace the battery. Everyone is suggesting 35Ah including the showroom. You inputs on the exact model number for 65Ah will be very helpful. Thanks in advance. Tarun
Hey Tarun,

I am not home and will be back only after a couple of months. I did try calling home to get the model no. but Micra is at the service centre right now. Will try and get it soon after the car is back.

I remember telling Amaron guys that its Micra Petrol and they brought the battery as per their spec. sheet for the car. When swapping, that guy as well as myself was suprised to see a much bigger and higher capacity stock battery. He had to go back and get tha 65ah to replace it. That is why I specifically mentioned it in my post. I don't know if this is only for the CVT model.

And regrading the model, Amaron has many models with 65ah, for the same car, with different warranty duration and in a range of prices. You could get one for 6K with better quality and warranty as well as may be for, say 4K with lesser warranty. Anyways I will let you know once I get to know which model was installed in my car.
Old 23rd November 2015, 15:21   #240

Hi Ajay,

Thank you for your prompt response. Infact, I went to a Amaron dealer and they were surprised to see my car had a 62Ah battery. Everyone uses the standard chart which lists batteries as per car model. As he did not have stock of 65Ah, I could not figure out which 65Ah model fits the battery bay. I understand there are multiple sizes of 65Ah and they are a bit wider than the 35Ah. I will try going to a different dealer tomorrow and check if he has any 65Ah ready. Thanks again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks