Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2014, 08:44   #211
BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

I am glad I settled for Nissan Micra CVT six months ago. Loving that car completely. It drives well in city traffic and I dont feel tired at all. As a matter of fact I look for reasons to go out so that I will get to drive it. Yes it isnt a fun car to drive but the CVT really makes a lot of difference. Given the traffic and constant need to shift gears I would think twice before driving a manual. And this is a fully-loaded model. Steering-mounted controls, phone, bluetooth streaming, climate control, electric mirrors, et al.

I decided to pay more than Brio for this car simply because I hate the rear of Brio. It is the ugliest looking car. Also if you compare, Micra CVT gives much more gadgets and features than Brio only for marginally more money.

Even after 6 months of driving if someone asks me to spend 8 lakh again I would again buy the Micra CVT. OR probably Zest. :P

Only one issue I am facing. Mileage. The car gives me 11 max. Sometimes in the city traffic it drops to 9.5 even.

Can other Micra CVT owners confirm how much average their cars are giving them?
Abh1nav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 14:55   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
Today booked Nissan Micra XV CVT with Surya Nissan Bangalore.

4. Micra XV CVT -
Liked the CVT transmission, ride quality and boot space is also decent. So went ahead for it.

So far booking process with Surya Nissan has been smooth. Hope it stays the way till the end. Will write a detailed review once I take the delivery.
Hello sud

Could you please share the buying experiencce, vehicle review and discounts details for your purchase? I am also planning to buy an AT but confused between Celerio and Micra CVT.
Old 18th October 2014, 23:07   #213
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Hello sud

Could you please share the buying experiencce, vehicle review and discounts details for your purchase? I am also planning to buy an AT but confused between Celerio and Micra CVT.
Hi Pahwa,
The buying experience from Surya Nissan (Hosur Road) was good. Overall got cash discount of around 20K + teflon coating + reverse camera as the deal. But now I see advertisement in the newpapers claiming upto 40K discounts. So you might want to check on the latest offers.

Things I like:
1. With CVT in place city drivability is good especially on a bumper to bumper traffic.
2. Smooth handling for city.
3. All bells and whistles (bluetooth, aux, usb, climatecontrol, keyless entry, start stop, etc..)
4. Ride quality for this segment is good.

Things which I miss:
1. Engine braking - Since this is a cvt you cannot really do engine braking. They have a low gear ratio but not very effective.
2. Highway overtaking / handling - especially if you are used to a manual. But probably might not be very bad compared to others in the segment.
3. I somehow feel that brake is late. But need to get it checked it might be specific to my case. Probably other owners can chip-in on this.

Between celerio and micra, in my opinion, Micra is better in many aspects and probably a segment higher than celerio.
sud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 23:40   #214
BHPian

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the addition of side-airbags in the Micra. How long has this feature been available?
Forget hatches, how many C-Segment sedans give 6 airbags?

https://www.nissan.in/vehicles/new/micra/features.html
Old 6th March 2015, 09:16   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the addition of side-airbags in the Micra. How long has this feature been available?
Forget hatches, how many C-Segment sedans give 6 airbags?
Not a new addition I guess, as the Team-BHP official review of July 2013 states 4 airbags for the new Micra. But all the safety gurus seem not to give much importance, is it?
Old 6th March 2015, 09:42   #216
BHPian

My mistake, its 4 airbags not 6. But still its the only car in this segment to give 4 airbags. The marketing was good when it was launched. All those Ranbir ads. I wonder why the facelift isn't advertised so much. They've pretty much taken care of all the pet peeves in the first version.
Old 11th March 2015, 22:01   #217
Senior - BHPian

We are looking to replace our i-10 AT for my mom and the Micra is on the list.

So the Micra CVT test-drive happened and overall mom found it a nice car. One big negative for her was engine noise. She complained that the engine was noticeably louder than the diesel Zest

I think the rubberband effect is manifesting as high revs/engine noise??
She did notice that there was no drop in pulling power with the AC on..unlike the i-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
Things which I miss:
1. Engine braking - Since this is a cvt you cannot really do engine braking. They have a low gear ratio but not very effective.
2. Highway overtaking / handling - especially if you are used to a manual. But probably might not be very bad compared to others in the segment.
3. I somehow feel that brake is late. But need to get it checked it might be specific to my case. Probably other owners can chip-in on this.
What is your driving conditions (traffic/open hwy) and what FE are you getting?

Micra has poor brakes....by design.

Check the review for details

Last edited by Mpower : 12th March 2015 at 21:19.
Old 16th March 2015, 11:29   #218
sud
BHPian

My driving condition was mixed for the duration I was using it (now my dad uses it). Overall we are getting around FE of 11.5kmpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
=======
Check the review for details
sud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 17:39   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I know ABS/Airbags are requirements. But otherwise do yo want to look at Grand i10? She will find it easy to shift to another Hyundai?

Or the feeling goes not another Hyundai again !
Old 16th March 2015, 20:44   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I know ABS/Airbags are requirements. But otherwise do yo want to look at Grand i10? She will find it easy to shift to another Hyundai?

Or the feeling goes not another Hyundai again !
Thanks ampere
I am pretty open. I recognize that Hyundais have great styling inside out, best gadget count and good value for money.

My mom actually test drove the Xcent AT and her assesment was that it was weak, underpowered and slow. Coming from my mom, thats serious !!! LOL
I can totally understand that because it uses the same powertrain from the i-10 (non grand) which is already SLOW !
Old 16th June 2015, 17:12   #221
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 17th June 2015 at 13:31.
amolathalye is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st July 2015, 17:33   #222
Team-BHP Support

A good friend shares the following info:

Quote:
- Nissan is launching the Micra XL CVT on 8th July. ABS and driver airbag will be featured in this variant.

- Steering mounted audio controls will now be standard across all the petrol variants and from XL diesel.

- Rear power windows will be standard from XL variant (both petrol and diesel).
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 10:31   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
A good friend shares the following info:
There is new steering wheel. Looks upmarket and gels well with the central console. The steering mounted controls is a welcome change. Other changes in XL variant includes Chrome inner door handles and vanity mirror. I find the XL optional variant best value for money

Name:  Steering.png
Views: 3366
Size:  737.7 KB
bravo82in is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 17:45   #224
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Only one issue I am facing. Mileage. The car gives me 11 max. Sometimes in the city traffic it drops to 9.5 even.
Are you still getting this fuel efficiency or it has improved? (for city driving).
Old 11th July 2015, 20:08   #225
BHPian

Our Micra at Erode gives 11-14 depending upon the city traffic. This is just a approximation. The true figures may be less or even correct. I have never checked the FE seriously.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks