Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2014, 17:31   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Excellent review of the Xcent. Thank you Parrys. This was much awaited and has been well written.

With all the feature list Xcent is offering (Rear AC, Keyless entry, lovely interiors etc.), it looks like the consumer is all set for a good variety to choose from in the sub 4 meter segment.

Dzire and Amaze definitely have some worrying to do here. So here's to the fight. Let the games begin.
Old 12th April 2014, 19:50   #62
BHPian

Visited a Hyundai showroom yesterday. Logged onto T-BHP in the evening and the official review's out. Quite a coincidence
Following are the Bangalore prices. The sales guy quoted a waiting period of 1 month for any variant/color.

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-xcent.png

Based on pricing, I think the SX variant is redundant. For ~30k more, you get the SX(O) variant, which includes an upgrade to 15-inch diamond cut alloys and ABS.
Just a few comparisons with the Amaze after my TD:
  • The interiors is leagues ahead of the Amaze.
  • The rear leg room is better in the Amaze. With the driver seat pushed all the way back and at a comfortable reclining angle, my knees scraped the front seat, when I sat behind. In the Amaze, there's at least a 2-3 inch gap. I'm 6-feet tall.
  • I felt the steering wheel was a tad too big. The one in the Amaze is smaller in diameter, meatier, and sportier.
  • The Xcent is cheaper by ~30k compared to the Amaze (for the petrol MT top end, not sure about other variants) and offers more features. Will Honda respond with a price cut or a "refreshed" Amaze? Have to wait and watch I guess.
Old 12th April 2014, 20:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Does Hyundai not provide extended warranty on this car (or even the Grand). Notice the blank column under Extended warranty in the above price list.
Old 12th April 2014, 22:33   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Does Hyundai not provide extended warranty on this car (or even the Grand). Notice the blank column under Extended warranty in the above price list.

It's does in Grand, for xcent pricing will be out in couple of weeks.
Old 12th April 2014, 22:55   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Here is the picture as desired by you.

Attachment 1229335
I think these are the alloys, which you get on a S(option)..
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-20140331_152510.jpg  

agspins is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 00:29   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
I think these are the alloys, which you get on a S(option)..

Thank you for the pic. I cant seem to figure out what rubbers are on these. Confusing information from dealer, he says it will be either bridgestone or apollo based on the batch
Old 13th April 2014, 08:05   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakkarmy View Post
Thank you for the pic. I cant seem to figure out what rubbers are on these. Confusing information from dealer, he says it will be either bridgestone or apollo based on the batch
This was the same information that I got when I took delivery of my i20 in Hyderabad. The Dealer was saying that some of the cars come with Bridgestone and some with Apollo. However, he hinted that he would swap the tires with Bridgestone if we preferred those to Apollo. Waiting period was said to range from 20 days to 1 month.

The Pristine Blue seemed to be good on this car for me.
Vara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 09:31   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakkarmy View Post

Your dealer is correct here, it can be either of both. It is dependent on the batch.
raviacc2825 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 10:00   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrocket003 View Post
Dzire and Amaze definitely have some worrying to do here. So here's to the fight. Let the games begin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post
The Xcent is cheaper by ~30k compared to the Amaze (for the petrol MT top end, not sure about other variants) and offers more features. Will Honda respond with a price cut or a "refreshed" Amaze? Have to wait and watch I guess.
Here is an interesting post on how the segment itself is growing: URL

This kind of hints that the Amaze did not really eat the Dzire pie but created its own space. The same could be the case with Xcent. It will just increase the marketshare of the segment by adding more numbers and may not really reduce much share from the Dzire or the Amaze.

Given the current situation in which Honda is, with sales increasing by huge percentages every month I don't expect any price reduction from them.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 11:26   #70
BHPian

Excellent Review

Honda made a compact sedan from a hatchback(Brio) smaller than the Swift and made it look well balanced. Hyundai went another step and have made a compact sedan from a hatchback(Grand I10 is a replacement for the regular I10 internationally) which is entirely a segment lower, got it very well carved out.
With their usual habit of pampering the customers for all the bells and whistles, they seem to have got it just right!
Old 13th April 2014, 14:23   #71

Thank you for the confirmation Vara and raviacc2825

Sorry if this off topic but which one is the better among apollo and bridgestone?

From my understanding the bridgestones are better and i would like to confirm this before requesting the dealer to provide specific tires
Old 13th April 2014, 14:54   #72
BHPian

Delivery of Xcent will not be done before 20th, my car has come and is there in the stockyard.

Wife got so irritated with this, she just canceled the booking and taking Verna, it will be delivered today.
Old 13th April 2014, 17:05   #73
BHPian

A couple of things I noted!
I liked the way the engine badge lettering is done. The "crdi" badge on the front fender sits above the waistline, and is different from the conventional way of putting the badges just below the waistline.

I somewhat dislike the way rear parcel trays are designed in the smaller sedans of these days. It doesn't provide any convenience. Forget placing a heavy item like a water bottle, even a thin tissue paper box would slide down. Its probably due to the slopy roofline and waistline converging designs. Cars of the yester years like the Baleno, (first gen.) Accent provided rear parcel trays with better utility.
Old 13th April 2014, 20:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys

Today i booked the XCent Petrol S model in Bangalore.
My dealer is quoting a waiting period of 45 days.

One thing i was concerned about is that there is no extended warranty on offer right now - not even 3rd/4rth yr warranty, forget about 5th year warranty.

The same goes for Grand. As per the dealer, if at all Hyundai does offer the extended warranty on Grand/Xcent, i can take it, but only on or before final payment(delivery).

If the vehical is sold and say after some time Hyundai does offer extended warranty on this car, then i dont have option of buying it later on.

Has anyone else faced this issue here, on the Grand/Xcent booking?

Last edited by DCEite : 13th April 2014 at 20:53.
Old 13th April 2014, 23:56   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Hello guys

Today i booked the XCent Petrol S model in Bangalore.
My dealer is quoting a waiting period of 45 days.

One thing i was concerned about is that there is no extended warranty on offer right now - not even 3rd/4rth yr warranty, forget about 5th year warranty.

The same goes for Grand. As per the dealer, if at all Hyundai does offer the extended warranty on Grand/Xcent, i can take it, but only on or before final payment(delivery).

If the vehical is sold and say after some time Hyundai does offer extended warranty on this car, then i dont have option of buying it later on.

Has anyone else faced this issue here, on the Grand/Xcent booking?
Hi, Not sure about the Xcent, but third and fourth year warranty is now available on Grand. I took it for for my Grand from Hyundai Motor Plaza, New Delhi last month. Normally the warranty comes after three months of new launch ( as per Hyundai motors). You will always have an option of buying it at a later stage. The rates may wary depending upon the purchase date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks