No Airbags -> Zero
http://www.globalncap.org/wp-content...NO-Airbags.pdf

2 Airbags -> 3 stars
http://www.globalncap.org/wp-content...-2-Airbags.pdf

SmartCat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 12:00   #602
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Honda Cars India has not produced even a single unit of the Mobilio MPV since November 2015, according to data supplied by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) association.

Extremely low demand is being cited as the reason, even as Honda maintains that the Mobilio has not been phased out from India yet.

Quote:
Further, the company has no immediate plans to restart production of the model 'for some weeks at least', even as monthly volumes dip to a record low of around 200 units a month as against an average of around 3,400 units per month it received in its debut year. Discounts ranging between Rs 50,000 to Rs 1,00,000 are being offered on the Mobilio presently to get rid of the existing stock.

"The MPV segment is currently largely driven by sales in the commercial segment, while Mobilio's sales are mainly focused on customers who drive MPVs for personal usage. We would have liked to sell more, but as of now, the sales are as per the potential of the personal usage segment," a HondaCars India spokesperson said.

The BR-V, which is a labelled as a sports utility vehicle by Honda, rests on the same platform used by the Mobilio. While a lot of parts and components are shared between the two models the two have a similar design and styling language too.

"This similarity has resulted in a confusion to the buyer even as there have been no real push by Honda to position the two distinctly thereby hurting Mobilio. The BR-V is facing its own headwinds in the SUV segment where we have successful models like the Hyundai Creta," an analyst said.
Business Standard
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2016, 09:35   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Honda Cars India has not produced even a single unit of the Mobilio MPV since November 2015, according to data supplied by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) association.

Extremely low demand is being cited as the reason, even as Honda maintains that the Mobilio has not been phased out from India yet.

Business Standard
Thanks for this, I was looking at a MPV for replacing my car and was thinking of the Mobilio for the Honda peace of mind. Will give it a miss based on this information
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:10   #604
Senior - BHPian

I am posting this question on behalf of a colleague who owns a Honda Mobilio:

What will be total cost for clutch assembly replacement for Honda Diesel (iDTEC) Mobilio? The car has done 37,000 kms as of now.

He has received a rather large figure from Dakshin Honda, Bangalore and wants to validate the quote provided.
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:17   #605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am posting this question on behalf of a colleague who owns a Honda Mobilio:

What will be total cost for clutch assembly replacement for Honda Diesel (iDTEC) Mobilio? The car has done 37,000 kms as of now.

He has received a rather large figure from Dakshin Honda, Bangalore and wants to validate the quote provided.
Get a break-up and ask what all will be replaced during clutch replacement:

Clutch Plate, Cover Assembly, Clutch fluid, Slave Cylinder, flywheel. Then the Labor charges for this while exercise.

You may also want to check in the Honda Amaze thread for costs - I am not sure but Amaze and Mobilio (Diesel) would be using the same parts for clutch?
Old 9th January 2017, 15:12   #606
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Mobilio to get a major update. A first set of teaser images have surfaced in Indonesia where the updated MPV is likely to be unveiled in the second week of January!

For India, however, Honda hasn't given the Mobilio any update since its launch.

Honda Mobilio : Official Review-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20170109015940_mobiliofacelift2017.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th January 2017 at 15:20.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 16:38   #607
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
For India, however, Honda hasn't given the Mobilio any update since its launch.
May be because it sells decently in Indonesia rather than the dismal numbers it sells in India.

Honda would have ignored giving the Mobilio the facelift because of the poor sales.

If this update is decent enough then it might pick some numbers.
Old 9th January 2017, 19:23   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If this update is decent enough then it might pick some numbers.
Honda needs to price this right, even if they update. Because, high price was the biggest reason why this car failed in 1st Attempt.

Whatever changes Honda does, it will be different from current one. That's enough to call this a refresh. But, if they price it at par (or at a premium of 10-20k) with Ertiga, this thing will sell.

But Honda won't do that, hence I expect either of these to happen in coming months

1. Launch the Facelift at Higher Price (Citing Refresh)
2. Continue with Old Model at a discounts without much intention of selling.
Old 20th February 2017, 20:29   #609
BHPian

The update is only part of the problem.

With the BR-V also bombing ( about 1400 units last month), an updated Mobilio will put Honda in a fix. Just a lower price will kill the BR-V's sales and any higher price will kill the Mobilio in the beginning itself.

A possible workaround is to undercut the Ertiga by a good margin and introduce the CVT, helping revive the Mobilio. A slightly reduced pricing strategy for the BR-V will also keep it alive. Helping Honda also have vehicles within various budgets. Honda's success with City, Jazz and Amaze has raised their expectations to the clouds. Time to bring it down to Earth.

Last edited by daywiz : 20th February 2017 at 20:31.
Old 21st February 2017, 16:20   #610
Senior - BHPian

The problem is not the price.
People are used to 'Honda = Quality'. Till the ANHC all Honda cars were bullet proof. My 2008 ZX Gxi is still pristine. My Mobilio which is barely 18 years has been rattling from early days. People believe perceptions. No doubt Mobilio/BRV is value for money, but not under the Honda brand.
Old 21st February 2017, 16:38   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
My Mobilio which is barely 18 years has been rattling from early days. People believe perceptions. No doubt Mobilio/BRV is value for money, but not under the Honda brand.
18 months you mean, rt?
The same applies to my 2014 City. But this is a discussion for another thread...
Old 21st February 2017, 17:10   #612
Senior - BHPian

Sorry. My mistake. Honda's downfall started with the 2008 ANHC. Amaze sells mainly in the taxi segment due to the phenomenal mileage. My Mobilio gives 18 kmpl in the city and 16 kmpl on the highway (Thanks to the 140kmh limiter).
Old 8th April 2017, 10:08   #613
Senior - BHPian

A stone hit the right rear part of the Side skirt in my Mobilio RS. The damage as shown in the pic. The estimate for the repair is ₹15000/-. The part is ₹9000/- and painting and labour extra. Anyone else have experienced the similar exorbitant pricing of plastic parts in Mobilio?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-img_3816.jpg  

Old 18th May 2017, 19:59   #614
Senior - BHPian

My Mobilio RS idtec has run about 35000 kms and I'm having repeated punctures in all tyres. I was thinking of changing the tires. At the same time I want to upsize the tyre too. What would be a good size?
195/65R15;
205/60R15;
215/60R15
Also has anyone managed to remove the speed governor on the Mobilio which is set at 140kmph (Not that I would drive at those speeds). Just asking out of curiosity.
Old 21st May 2017, 03:18   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
My Mobilio RS idtec has run about 35000 kms and I'm having repeated punctures in all tyres. I was thinking of changing the tires. At the same time I want to upsize the tyre too. What would be a good size?
195/65R15;
205/60R15;
215/60R15
Also has anyone managed to remove the speed governor on the Mobilio which is set at 140kmph (Not that I would drive at those speeds). Just asking out of curiosity.
Hi. I am running 205 /60 15 Yokomaha ES 100 on my Mobilio Petrol and its quite good, also the right upsize to keep under the 2% deviation. Michelin Energy of the same size should also be in your consideration. You will have to be a little careful when you go over bumps and undulations on the road, because the wheel arch would touch the tyres if you are going faster on them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks