Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:57   #526

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
After lots of deliberation I have finally booked the Carnelian red Honda Mobilio iDtec RS.
I have been told that the touch screen audio can be blaupunkt San Diego or map my india, which one should I go for?
What other accessories do I need?
Congratulations on your booking wildsdi5530! The carnelian red RS version will be quite a looker.
I picked up the mapmyindia system from an outside vendor and I'm very happy with it. I'm not sure how good are the maps on blaupunkt but with mapmyindia I felt quite at home.
You need to pickup rear sensors and camera in addition to the system.
Old 3rd June 2015, 13:09   #527
BHPian

Quote:
After lots of deliberation I have finally booked the Carnelian red Honda Mobilio iDtec RS. I will be taking delivery tomorrow or on Saturday. I'm having EW&RSA, zero deep insurance, car care, touch screen with camera(36000). Please advice the things I need to check.
I have been told that the touch screen audio can be blaupunkt San Diego or map my india, which one should I go for?
What other accessories do I need?
Congratulations and all the best. I think Blaupunkt comes with 2 years warranty where as Map my India might have one year warranty. Please check up with the dealer. I have a Blaupunkt Sandiego 530 installed in Aug 2014 and is fine.
Old 5th June 2015, 08:39   #528
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys, I've decided to do the ICE at local shop. What other models can I look at? I'd like something without the physical dial as I can use steering mounted controls.
Can I get 4+2 sensors for front and back? And how do I check if the camera is of good quality?

Last edited by wildsdi5530 : 5th June 2015 at 08:42. Reason: Additional info
Old 8th June 2015, 23:38   #529
Senior - BHPian

Finally got delivery of my Carnellian red RS. Looks great, much better than the regular Mobilio.
There was no spare fuses in the car. Should I get a spare set?
I've got the woody finish for the dash complimentary. Would that have to go if I change the head unit? How difficult is it to remove the stock head unit? Still in 2 minds about the upgrade. But I guess a camera is indispensable? Still not decided about what unit to buy. Will the local shop do a good job? There is a shop in Rajajinagar, Bangalore.
The automatic folding mirrors are amazing, but is there a way that they would automatically fold on locking the car. Am told that if manually folded, the pin would break and I'll need to replace the whole unit.
I've got comprehensive insurance. I plan to upgrade to zero dep at the end of a year. Or should I do it now?
Paint protection from Diamondbrite was done. Any special care to be taken? I have to park under a tree at night.
Old 14th June 2015, 23:59   #530
Senior - BHPian

The Mobilio thread seems to have no action at all. Perhaps all are satisfied customers or nobody bought this model?
My RS is scraping the front bumper in every dip. Tire pressure is at the recommended 36psi. Anyone else facing this issue?
Old 17th June 2015, 16:54   #531

Quote:
Finally got delivery of my Carnellian red RS. Looks great, much better than the regular Mobilio.
Congratulations! Please post some pictures. Its time to get a bit jealous as I own the same color but not RS. I'm looking forward to buy the spoiler if Honda ever starts to provide it as an accessory.

Quote:
The Mobilio thread seems to have no action at all. Perhaps all are satisfied customers or nobody bought this model?
My RS is scraping the front bumper in every dip. Tire pressure is at the recommended 36psi. Anyone else facing this issue?
Having driven this car for almost 10 months now, I haven't managed to scrape the front bumper even once. Is this because the ground clearance is lesser in the RS. I've set the tire pressure to 36 PSI for all tires even though that sticker in the car reads otherwise. Now I'm no expert and other owners can throw some light on this. Also I'm not sure if the tire pressure should be set differently while driving on the highways.

I'll post pictures of the ICE I installed and the placement of the reverse sensors on Friday. I could install only two sensors instead of the standard four due to the way the back bumper is designed.
Old 17th June 2015, 19:16   #532
Senior - BHPian

I also maintain the recommended air pressure, but front bumper scrapes. Which brand ICE did you install and where? I went to some shops in Rajajinagar but the quality of work was shoddy. What did you do with your stock HU?
Old 17th June 2015, 19:28   #533
BANNED

Quote:
I also maintain the recommended air pressure, but front bumper scrapes.
What is your approach speed and the speed at which you take the speedbreaker?

Do you take it head-on straight or do you take it at an angle?
Old 18th June 2015, 01:20   #534
Senior - BHPian

It's more of dips. Especially when going down a ramp out of a building onto a road. Also in deep potholes. Speed is at almost 0. Hits more often when I take it Head-on rather than at an angle.
Old 18th June 2015, 09:37   #535

Quote:
I checked that the RS is 15mm lesser than the ground clearance of the regular variants so I don't think this can be the issue. Does the RS get additional black cladding that is not accounted for while calculating ground clearance?

On another note I wanted to install a carrier on my mobilio and purchased a c-track one 6 months ago. It looked pretty decent but it took away the mobilio's look. I finally contacted roufrails through email yesterday and unfortunately it doesn't look good either. This is because they install it further away from the spoiler. It looks good on all other cars but I'm not too happy with this. Attaching pics here.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-mob1.jpg  

Honda Mobilio : Official Review-mob2.jpg  

Old 24th June 2015, 15:56   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Congratulations! Great choice. You cannot go wrong with a Honda vehicle. Brilliant mileage too.
Hi,
I had brought the car via company lease in Gurgaon. Ex showroom was 11.25L on which I got cash discount of 65K. So, Ex Showroom was 10.6L for me. This is for RS without Option pack.

I have completed 3000Kms as on date in first 3 months. Car has been running fine. First two free services done. No major issues so far. Minor issues like noise from seat were rectified.

I got the wheel balancing, alignment & rotation done as there was a very slight pull to left side. Service advisor was of the view that its minor and alignment needs to be done at 10K kms. But I was correct - once on the machine, alignment was clearly out and needed correction.

Otherwise, no issues with car itself. Its going good.

I have already got the first hits/dent/scratches on the car
First one on the bottom of front bumper - caused by a large pothole. Second on left side door caused by nearby parked blue colored Ford Ecosport.

I completed my trip to Shimla in May and now leaving for Agra - Lucknow trip on 25th June.
Old 2nd July 2015, 07:49   #537
Senior - BHPian

Just got my 1st service done yesterday. Service experience was impeccable. But unfortunately I have not received some documents yet. Registration not done yet, bank form has not been submitted.
My SA was appalled to know that I received a new vehicle that had swirl marks on it. Also the right side skirt has become loose within 2 weeks of buying the new car. Front bumper hits every sharp dip scaring other road goers.
I spent 2 hours waxing the car after service. I was thanking myself for not buying the Safari Storme.
Can someone point me to a list of documents to collect from the dealer for a car bought with a bank loan?
And I'm still unable to register on the Honda website as my VIN number is invalid. The sales guy gave me some rot about the sales invoice not reaching the factory yet. Is this along with the non receipt of documents a cause for concern?
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:13   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Just got my 1st service done yesterday. Service experience was impeccable. But unfortunately I have not received some documents yet. Registration not done yet, bank form has not been submitted.
My SA was appalled to know that I received a new vehicle that had swirl marks on it. Also the right side skirt has become loose within 2 weeks of buying the new car. Front bumper hits every sharp dip scaring other road goers.
I spent 2 hours waxing the car after service. I was thanking myself for not buying the Safari Storme.
Can someone point me to a list of documents to collect from the dealer for a car bought with a bank loan?
And I'm still unable to register on the Honda website as my VIN number is invalid. The sales guy gave me some rot about the sales invoice not reaching the factory yet. Is this along with the non receipt of documents a cause for concern?
Can you share the link to register on Honda website? I am not able to find.
Old 2nd July 2015, 19:25   #539
Senior - BHPian

http://hondabuddyloyalty.com
Please tell me if you're able to register .
Old 2nd July 2015, 19:48   #540
BHPian

Thanks, I checked now... the loyalty program ended on 30th June

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks