Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 12th July 2020, 17:30   #3001
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Minor correction, the Zest 1.2 Revotron 4-Cylinder is based on the Indica Xeta 4-Cylinder engine, whereas the Altroz has the 1.2 engine which a reworked engine of the Tiago/Tigor, developed for Nexon (and Altroz).
You sure that Revotron in Zest is not a completely new engine because at the time of launch of Zest, it was being marketed as a brand new Petrol engine developed by Tata.
Old 14th July 2020, 18:30   #3002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
You sure that Revotron in Zest is not a completely new engine because at the time of launch of Zest, it was being marketed as a brand new Petrol engine developed by Tata.
It is a new but a reworked one from the Xeta engine, and not a completely ground up developed one.
Old 18th July 2020, 14:51   #3003
BHPian

A sad ending with our Zest - a perfect family car.
The car got completely submerged in water when our basement parking was flooded by the Amphan super-cyclone. It took two days to drain the water out of the basement.
Post a detailed inspection by the Tata service executives and the Insurance Agency, the car was declared as a total loss! A great vehicle gone in just 4 years.
A parting shot.

Tata Zest : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200712-13.25.43.jpeg
SansGT is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 19:41   #3004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
A sad ending with our Zest - a perfect family car.
The car got completely submerged in water when our basement parking was flooded by the Amphan super-cyclone. It took two days to drain the water out of the basement.
Post a detailed inspection by the Tata service executives and the Insurance Agency, the car was declared as a total loss! A great vehicle gone in just 4 years.
A parting shot.

That's really sad. Hope you had "return to invoice" add on in your car insurance, otherwise it'll be big financial loss as well. Or natural disasters are not covered!?

Last edited by devilicious : 18th July 2020 at 19:42. Reason: Addition of text
devilicious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 22:04   #3005
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I think the return to invoice option can be availed only for the first 3 years for a new car, in which case it would not be applicable here.

Sorry for your loss brother. It would be a painful sight. I hope you'll do some permanent fixes to see if such flooding can be avoided in future and I hope your parking spot sees something wonderful very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
That's really sad. Hope you had "return to invoice" add on in your car insurance, otherwise it'll be big financial loss as well. Or natural disasters are not covered!?
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 09:56   #3006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
I think the return to invoice option can be availed only for the first 3 years for a new car, in which case it would not be applicable here.
I got return to invoice for my 2014 Zest so it can be availed, you just have to find an insurer who is offering it.
devilicious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 20:05   #3007
BHPian

Finally, my Zest gave an issue. Rear left power window got stuck halfway. I went to a garage to fix the issue. They said the power window motor was gone. I got the glass to be raised for a temporary fix.

While at it, I asked them to check brake pads as I noticed a slight sound when the wheel is turned left. On inspection, it was noticed that the brake pads were almost worn out. Even as I was confident they would last the 500 km return journey to home, I didn't take chance and had them changed. The mechanic was flabbergasted when I said these were OEM fitment and this was the first time they were being changed. Till then my car did 1,12,000 km in 5 years and 9 months.
simplyself is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 20:09   #3008
BHPian

Guys, how much should be an asking price of Nov 2014 Zest XT (P) which had run only 10.5K kms?

Most Viewed