Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2015, 12:36   #2251
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

I am planning to trade in my 2007 Xeta GLG for Zest RT. Went to Concorde motors and they offered me 60k for my Xeta and a 20k exchange bonus.is this a good price for the Indica?

Also, when I asked for more discount, the executive gave me an offer that instead of the triple offer that are having, he can give me an additional 15k discount. is this a better option or should I go for the triple offer - 3 years extended warranty, road side assistance & AMC. The insurance is free as per their current scheme and there is also a scratch card scheme.

Other thing that I am concerned about is the Zest FE. I have been checking on the internet and see a lot of people mentioning that the FE is very low. the sales person said that I would get around 14 in city. Can any of the existing owners comment on the actual FE that they get.
Old 16th October 2015, 13:00   #2252
BHPian

To add to this, two Bolts and one Zest showed up for display and were parked in my office campus yesterday. Since I was in a training, in my lunch break I decide to check out the cars and the pricing. The cars were parked there, however, not a single representative in sight.I thought that they might have gone on a lunch break as it was lunch time. The thought still occurred to me as to why they all went on their break together, since there were 4 of them. They could have taken turns and ensured at least one person was there with the cars.

Anyway, once done with my training I went back. The table that they were using had all the pamphlets but there was not a single person around. Then I noticed that one of the Bolts, had the engine on and there were 4 people sitting in the car. I hung around, thinking that maybe they doing a demo of the car. To my utter dismay, all the representatives were sitting in the car with the air conditioner on chatting. I had to literally walk to the car and knock on the window and ask them to come out. In this day and age, you really can't do this.

It was not really hot for them to sit in the car and there was a cemented corridor with a roof for them to sit, in case you think it is because of the heat or because they had to sit/ stand in the sun.

That's when I decided that my next car would not be a TATA !! I haver been a loyal customer for over 20 years, but I think I need a change.

Last edited by bigben : 16th October 2015 at 13:27. Reason: .
bigben is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 13:35   #2253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srj1266 View Post
Other thing that I am concerned about is the Zest FE. I have been checking on the internet and see a lot of people mentioning that the FE is very low. the sales person said that I would get around 14 in city. Can any of the existing owners comment on the actual FE that they get.
I never got 14 in city unless you are driving late night or early morning. Infact, in bumper to bumper traffic, get around 9-10 kmpl only. I'm taking the car to service center tomorrow to get it checked though.
Old 16th October 2015, 14:25   #2254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
I never got 14 in city unless you are driving late night or early morning. Infact, in bumper to bumper traffic, get around 9-10 kmpl only. I'm taking the car to service center tomorrow to get it checked though.
thanks. is this before the 1st servicing? The executive mentioned that the mileage goes up after the 1st servicing. but not sure if it will go up from 10 to 14.
Old 16th October 2015, 14:58   #2255
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
I don't drive much in bumper to bumper traffic but have done long weekend rides of 700-900 kms, fully loaded with 5 adults and luggage. I have got 16-17 kpl in these conditions. Driving one roads full of traffic and with constant acceleration, braking and lots of overtaking, I typically get 14-15 kpl. Slow moving traffic may result in 12-13 kpl but shouldn't be worse than that. Oh, and I never use eco mode and mostly stick with city mode.
Old 16th October 2015, 17:59   #2256
BHPian

Quote:
thanks. is this before the 1st servicing? The executive mentioned that the mileage goes up after the 1st servicing. but not sure if it will go up from 10 to 14.
The first service has already been done. It'll complete 1 year in November though I've only clocked about 3000 kms as I was out of India for a long time. I'll ask the Service center guys to check on air filter and engine oil to be sure.
Old 16th October 2015, 19:11   #2257
BHPian

Quote:
All figures quoted below are based on tank full to tank full method.
Before 1st service, my Zest XMS RT had mileage figures around 11-12kmpl
After 1st service, it went up to around 13-14 kmpl.
Based on my experience, I think a jump from 10 to 14 is unlikely, whereas a 2 kmpl increase is more probable.

Best ever mileage I got was 16 and worst ever was 11.5
After 8000km, the mileage has been 13.5, though the 'A' trip meter which I have never reset since I bought the car, shows 14.0
Old 16th October 2015, 20:05   #2258
BHPian

Quote:
In pune city traffic with 100% AC on, I get 9-10 kpl(improves to ~12 kpl in eco mode, yes it works!). Weekend trips ~400 kms with 60% steep ghats+70% AC have given 13.5-14 kpl. Long highway runs easily yield 15-17 kpl with 50% AC. These are my figures having run 9000 kms. Happy to help
mayankverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 20:52   #2259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
In pune city traffic with 100% AC on, I get 9-10 kpl(improves to ~12 kpl in eco mode, yes it works!). Weekend trips ~400 kms with 60% steep ghats+70% AC have given 13.5-14 kpl. Long highway runs easily yield 15-17 kpl with 50% AC. These are my figures having run 9000 kms. Happy to help

That is pretty low imo. Same pune traffic, my vento 1.6 petrol 100 percent AC, gives me an average of 10-11.. And i have an average speed of 15kmph. This is a heavier car with a bigger engine!
Or possibly your traffic conditions are yet worse than mine.
Old 16th October 2015, 22:07   #2260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthick_b View Post
I totally understand your case here Sumit. I can point another incident I faced, where I was at a famous mall in Chennai (Forum Vijaya Mall) and there were two Zests and a Red Bolt showcased on display.
This is exactly whats killing Tata products. I'm still chasing them to get my money back that I paid to book the vehicle and their response is lethargic. Today, I found out that most of the SA's from Concorde Motors Paschim Vihar, Delhi were fired and the sales manager was transferred after a warning due to their malpractices. Amongst those was the SA I was dealing with. I'm sure they would have lost many customers like me during the process. I still love what Zest offers above competition and would have bought it if it wasn't their hideous attitude that made me look for alternatives.

Last edited by ampere : 16th October 2015 at 23:38. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 12:03   #2261

Yesterday went to Metro motors, Ambala. Had discussion with their sales personnel. They don't even have same schemes. Each dealer is offering different deals. Day before yesterday, I read in newspapers about 85k discount on zest. But the sales staff was trying me to take for a ride. They don't even have clarity
Moreover I didn't find them that they want to sell the car really. Also had couple of bitter experiences with them in past. Whether I will buy the car or not, one thing is sure that purchase would not be from Metro Motors. The experience is quite reversed at Tata Motors, Paonta sahib (HP).
Old 20th October 2015, 00:09   #2262

While buying my Revtron XMS last year, I have taken Royal Sundaram Zero Dep policy for Medak Telangana location and it costed me 22980 (including the 350 I paid for life insurance)
I have added 2,00,000 driver insurance costed me 100
and 1,00,000 insurance for each of the passengers, costed me 250.

Renewal is due next month and I just checked online on Royal Sundaram site for renewal amount, it shows a premium of 18,161 (including 20% NCB) for an IDV of 4,74,400
My questions -
1)Wanted to know what Zero Dep policies other members from the forum have taken for their Zest for what amount?
2) Is it worth to increase the IDV to a higher value?
Old 20th October 2015, 10:52   #2263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenSangi View Post
While buying my Revtron XMS last year, I have taken Royal Sundaram Zero Dep policy for Medak Telangana location and it costed me 22980 (including the 350 I paid for life insurance)
I have added 2,00,000 driver insurance costed me 100
and 1,00,000 insurance for each of the passengers, costed me 250.
I renewed my insurance last week with United India. Last year it was 26,450.00. A letter from United quoted 17,450 for an IDV of 5,09,000.00. I contacted local branch, which issued a zero dep policy for Rs.10,800.00 with an IDV of 5,60,000.00
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 23:10   #2264

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
I renewed my insurance last week with United India. Last year it was 26,450.00. A letter from United quoted 17,450 for an IDV of 5,09,000.00. I contacted local branch, which issued a zero dep policy for Rs.10,800.00 with an IDV of 5,60,000.00
That's some negotiation skills
Could you share the contact details? I would reach out to him
Old 22nd October 2015, 20:07   #2265
BHPian

Have any of the Zest owners got their steering wheels leather wrapped? The feel and the contours of the wheel are good enough, but I still would like to get mine leather wrapped. Could anyone suggest a good place in Cochin to get it done from?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks